Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

I wonder if I can find something maroon in the next hour. I left all my QLD gear in Australia.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

GO THE BLUES!

Go Qld. However abit nervous about this season. NSW have picked a good side.

great game, especially the second half, one the tightest, most warrior like efforts from both teams under fatigue i can remember.

Two tries all, and Hayne was clearly the difference.

Hayne was Lockyer-like, and Reynolds was always pushing forwards, shame he is such a grubby pest. he should get 4 weeks minimum for his spear on tate.

DCE took a while to get going as he would not have been mentally ready to play at 6th minute, and using him cost us some forward rotation and rest in the forward pack. Inglis was missing mostly, and Thurston had a rare off game. He couldnt find the right pass when he needed it. Just as QLD were hammering forward set after set, we slowed down and play 'titan-ball' and lost our momentum, letting blues hold on.

Bloody great game to watch,its just a shame Gallen has so little class.

Even though QLD didn't win, I'd have to say that was one of the toughest origins in years.

I'm so glad that the Blues won! A lot of dodgy calls from Shane Hayne..it was amazing. I'm glad that our boys hung in there and did the job..also, two more games to go, so hopefully we can win it down in Sydney. A great game though, my heart was pounding out of my chest, so much adrenaline running through my body.

GO THE BLUES!!!

Oh, no. I was just reading that Daley has always wanted to go in with a club combination, and if Reynolds IS suspended for two games. Maloney and Pearce are back in
    Last edited by Jonathonbcode; 29-05-14 at 12:50 AM.

That was the most Brutal Origin I have ever attended & was a great advertisement for our game.

Hayne was brilliant all night at fullback but the Defence from both teams was awesome

As a Titans fan I would love to see Myles play like that just once for his club before he retires
    #itaintweaktospeak

Aaaaaghhhh faaaaarrrrrk, if not for a few dodgy calls we would have won it ... good win NSWailers
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Aaaaaghhhh faaaaarrrrrk, if not for a few dodgy calls we would have won it ... good win NSWailers
    Dodgy calls , like the last 5 minutes that all went one way....it was great to quiet 50k Qlders at fulltime
    #itaintweaktospeak

I don't remember going to sleep last night!!! Might have got a little carried away with the victory....

Booking tickets now for game 2....

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

I thought in the VERY last play, oh no..Inglis and Boyd are going to combine, or Thurston will combine with Slater. BUT, they hung on and I'm very proud of them. If Reynolds is out for game 2..just bring in Jarrod Mullen..

Casualties of war force Mal’s hand
    TRAVIS MEYN GOLD COAST BULLETIN MAY 29, 2014 10:59AM

QUEENSLAND is facing a daunting trip to Sydney to save their dreams of a ninth straight Origin series without half-back Cooper Cronk and possibly captain Cameron Smith.

Cronk is certain to miss the ANZ Stadium showdown on June 18 because of a broken arm while Smith was last night battling an ankle injury after the thrilling 12-8 loss to NSW at Suncorp Stadium.

But the Blues’ victory could come at a cost with five-eighth Josh Reynolds facing suspension after being hit with a grade two dangerous throw charge for a tackle on Brent Tate.

Reynolds will miss two weeks with an early guilty plea, ruling him out of the return bout and leaving NSW to look for a new halves combination while they are also expected to be without Josh Morris (knee), Brett Morris (shoulder) and Anthony Watmough (bicep).

Blues skipper Paul Gallen played down the tackle but it’s left Reynolds in a limbo.

“He put him a dangerous position but he (Tate) landed flat on his back,” Gallen said.

Queensland has their own worries too with Smith *admitting his ankle wasn’t in great shape.

“It’s a bit dusty at the *moment,” he said.

“I’ve got to see how it pulls up and goes from there.

“We’re no strangers to being one-nil down. We’re in a situation where we have to go down and win now.

“We’ve got the players and staff to do that. We need to bring the right attitude.”

The Blues shot out to a 12-4 lead in the second half but Queensland responded in a riveting Origin clash that went to the wire.

But the loss of Cronk after just 10 minutes put them on the back foot with Daly Cherry-Evans taking time to find his feet in the halves and they couldn’t find the killer blow in the final stages.

“Origin’s all about taking opportunities when they arise and we didn’t really take that,” Maroons coach Mal Meninga said.

“We’re lucky in the fact we had Daly.

“It does throw you off.

“It takes your bench to three and this environment it makes it difficult.

“That’s not an excuse. I thought we did enough to win that game.

“NSW to their credit were outstanding. Their scramble defence was fantastic.”

Cherry-Evans will be given the No. 7 jersey for Game Two while Sam Thaiday will come back into the side with Meninga to field a four-forward bench.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Dodgy calls, like the last 5 minutes that all went one way
    Just trolling with the best of them now that Matchu/CSF has been speyed.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Bitter to lose. But that was an epic game. And the perfect introductory to Rugby League for my American friend. He was amazed and really enjoyed it. Previously he had only been exposed to AFL while in Melbourne.

Queensland had our chances but we couldn't get the job done. Losing Cronk was a big blow.

TV ratings were massive. Great crowd.

Hayne was amazing. I certainly never bought into the deathriding of the man for years.

Inglis was like Moby Dick and I spent most of the game searching for him.

Queensland needs Taylor.

None of our high balls did any damage and Thurston was off with the boot.

I know it's not time to panic. But I think Inglis should be at fullback.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I'm a NSW supporter but I don't think Slater should be dropped at all, I thought he was pretty good but he has slowed down a bit. Cherry Evans will be better for the run, QLD will only get better..everyone knows that.

I would bring in Thaiday for McQueen, as Thaiday still might need to take it a bit easy and Guerra still retains a spot in the team. I thought Guerra really stood up in those last 10 minutes. I could see Lawrence from Manly or Taylor come in for Papalii. Also Bird in for Scott, Fifita in for Watmough (he may be injured) and Mullen in for Reynolds (suspension).

I just wish that God, Allah, Buddah, Jesus..ANY GOD, doesn't allow Pearce to get a spot in the team. ALL of the hard work would be undone.