Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Mario Kart 8 for WiiU comes with FREE game

hey guys for anyone who owns a wii u and considering getting mario kart 8....

if you do it and redeem a code within 4 weeks or something, you receive a free digital copy of a game, and good ones too. from top of my head a few you can choose from include Zelda WindWaker HD, Monster Hunter Tri, Pikmin 3, the wonderful 101, new super mario U...so not just reject games

the link for more details is http://gamesites.nintendo.com.au/mk8_bonus/

that is for aussie gamers. not sure about you OS folks

I will definitely be making use of this offer! Thanks for letting me know about it.

Speaking of wonderful 101, Ive been playing the demo and its pretty good too.

I've been playing WiiU alot lately.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

haha me too. i finished the MArio 3D...which was dissapointing compared to galaxy and the true 3d games, rather than mainly 2d style with 3d functioning.

so i have been playing some VC games, super metroid and duck tales and stuff. but between mario kart the free game it comes with and brawl coming....its gonna be a good few months

Thanks for the heads up! I already have Wind Waker HD, so let's see what options I have in here, because I'm not sure if the same games are being offered here, but as far as I can see, I see ten games being listed.

As for MK8: I definitely want to play a versus race against you guys soon; roughly 3+ weeks to go! Might want to ask the game for my birthday, since that'll be next month, too!
    Aiming for the title farthest away fan

We should like add each other on Miiverse or something.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Hmmm, how do you add someone via the WiiU? I haven't used the WiiU for like a month or two. Is it similar to the Add Friend with the 3DS?

im not sure, ill make sure we work it out before the launch.

Its getting pretty great reviews, athough battle mode is apparently not as 'arena-like', and on line is a bit clunky compared the other consoles, but it looks and plays really fast and clean.

Hopefully they can keep patching it and make it better.

Looking forward to it.

Guys ... I bought my 8 year old a WIIu in Macau last Xmas and it's all in Japanese .. he loves it, so Brad you'd better get over here with your gear and between Origin, Titans games, scenic offerings and WIIu there won't be much time for beer, food and ... oh yeah, you'll probably bring your lady friend. ANy help we can have in getting the most out of the system would be very much appreciated by all ... long weekend coming for Dragon Boat Festival ... spare room awaits.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

That'd be awesome. It's gonna happen! I can see buildings in China from my apartment. I live in Yuen Long and love it.

How is best to get to you?

Fly straight into Nanjing (2 hour flight) ... Hong Kong Airlines HKD4,518 return for 2pax including taxes depart 11am on the Friday and back at 2pm on the Monday ... www.hongkongairlines.com ... Monday the 2nd of June (my birthday) is the public holiday. Don't know when we are playing. You'll need visas.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Hold on. Dragon Boat Festival? As in: the sport of Dragon Boat? Awesome.

So, few more days left for the global release. I'm soooo asking for this as my birthday present :P.

It'll be $58 at Big W.

That is what I'm gonna do and then redeem the free game.

Woohoo, I've got an early birthday present today !

Spoiler alert below hidden in white font

So far, I have played the first three Grand Prix' at 50CC and playing with Wendy O Koopa rocks! The tracks are sometimes literally twisted, which makes it challenging. Big pros are the swift retrieval by Lakitu if you fall in a pit, the easy and general controls, and as already mentioned in the Nintendo Direct, the bumping into each other issue, is so much more relaxed, and the addition of a horn to repel the blue shell is soooo convenient!

Now, should we exchange Nintendo Network IDs and challenge each other for some races?

my name on my WiiU is NayNay, but i think my nintendo id might be Ndoggy. feel free to search and add it.

its been a great game so far, huge improvement over recent games. never played online Mario KArt before but it is great if you stick to the racing side of it. Battle is a bit of a mess. Racing is intense though. really good and addictive