Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

[QUOTE=CoastSportsFan;342667]
    Have you been to Metricon? If you had then you would know what I'm saying is the truth. I don't want to get others to fight my battles but Mexican Titan would be able to back me up on the point of standing room and outside areas that people frequent at Suns games. QUOTE]

Yes I will back you up in relation to standing room and outside areas but the people using these areas would number in the hundreds, not thousands. Certainly not the "missing" 5,000 or so that were counted at the last Suns game that were not there.
    But please, please lets no go over that again. You and I disagree with the last crowd at Metricon, lets leave it at that.

CSF, i think you are a moron. Honestly.

How old are you? I am 44.

I don't really want to give you any more oxygen, because even though I don't mind an intelligent discussion or a good argument, you provide neither. Your "discussion" points are repetitive and boring.

I actually don't mind you being on here, for reasons that would be lost on you, but I would much rather you had something new or relevant to add, rather than just keep regurgitating the same repetitive diatribe. It is boring.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Yes I will back you up in relation to standing room and outside areas but the people using these areas would number in the hundreds, not thousands. Certainly not the "missing" 5,000 or so that were counted at the last Suns game that were not there.
    But please, please lets no go over that again. You and I disagree with the last crowd at Metricon, lets leave it at that.
    Never actually stated how many there were, just that there are people at the game not sitting in the seats. I would like to hope my honesty about previous Suns crowds being poor and my opinion on Karmichael Hunt would play in my favour when it comes to being honest about the crowd at the game that I attended. I agree we should let the last Suns game go now because we aren't getting any further.

Here is another talking point for the thread - the Titans have had a larger home crowd average (based on each individual year, not overall) than the Suns over the last 3 years. Here we go:

Suns: 19,169
    Titans: 15,428

Titans: 14,405
    Suns: 13,645

Titans: 14,028
    Suns: 13,906

Went through the years and also found something interesting when the two clubs play on the same weekend/day. The Suns have pulled a bigger crowd on 5 of the 7 times that the two clubs have played on the same day. It would appear the NRL has tried to avoid this given they scheduled 6 head to head games between 2011-12 and just 1 over 2013-14. I remember reading an article at the end of 2012 that stated the David May had requested that the Titans not play on the same day as the Suns in the future so that certainly backs up what has happened over the last two seasons.

Alternatively, the Titans have pulled bigger crowds in 6 of the 9 times the two clubs have played on the same weekend but not the same day. Given this stat, it's not really a surprise that the NRL has chosen to schedule a further 6 games on the same weekend (but not the same day) as the Suns in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    CSF, i think you are a moron. Honestly.

How old are you? I am 44.

I don't really want to give you any more oxygen, because even though I don't mind an intelligent discussion or a good argument, you provide neither. Your "discussion" points are repetitive and boring.

I actually don't mind you being on here, for reasons that would be lost on you, but I would much rather you had something new or relevant to add, rather than just keep regurgitating the same repetitive diatribe. It is boring.
    Just added something new above. Have a read and decide whether you want to get involved in the discussion. Cheers.

Banned

Okay, we have something new to discuss now. 19,107 showed up to the Bunnies game on Saturday. Before anyone jumps on me, no I'm not going to question the legitimacy of the crowd. I was at Robina and I believed the announced crowd to be a true figure.

The same fixture pulled 20,392 last year so a slight decrease. I was at the game and the thing that alarmed me about the crowd was how much green and red there was in the eastern stands. Now I know South Sydney have a strong following in Queensland but it wouldn't surprise me if the split in terms the entire crowd was as high as 50/50. If that prediction is correct then that would equate to a little over 9500 Titans fans showing up to a game when the club sits 3rd on the ladder.

The late Saturday afternoon time slot certainly appears to be a good one for the Titans, and for the Suns for that matter. Something that is worrying is the fact that three of the Titans' four home games this year have decreased in crowds when compared to last year and the one game that hasn't decreased only managed to pull 300 extra people compared to last season.

Side question - Anyone know why that guy got ejected from the eastern stands during the game? Was there a fight?

Quote Originally Posted by CoastSportsFan View Post
    Okay, we have something new to discuss now. 19,107 showed up to the Bunnies game on Saturday. Before anyone jumps on me, no I'm not going to question the legitimacy of the crowd. I was at Robina and I believed the announced crowd to be a true figure.

The same fixture pulled 20,392 last year so a slight decrease. I was at the game and the thing that alarmed me about the crowd was how much green and red there was in the eastern stands. Now I know South Sydney have a strong following in Queensland but it wouldn't surprise me if the split in terms the entire crowd was as high as 50/50. If that prediction is correct then that would equate to a little over 9500 Titans fans showing up to a game when the club sits 3rd on the ladder.

Side question - Anyone know why that guy got ejected from the eastern stands during the game? Was there a fight?
    I find that most games at CBus, Metricon, Suncorp and the Gabba usually have large numbers of opposition supporters. That is due to the population drift from down south, of which I am one. I agree that the crowd was nearing 50/50 on Saturday night and you would find that a lot of those Souths people would have the Titans as their second side but when Souths play, it's back to where their heart is. When Manly play at CBus I wear Manly gear but for the other 11 home games I am Titans through and through. I have been to the Gabba for a couple of Lions/Dons games and cannot believe the number of Essendon supporters there. Same thing happened this weekend where they would have probably split 50/50 there as well.
    The AFL have it lucky in a way with them expanding in to northern States due to the numbers of expats that have moved from Victoria to NSW and Qld. The NRL don't have this luck with the Storm. I know plenty of others who have moved north like me but ask yourself how many people you know that have left Qld and moved to Melbourne! Who would?
    There were 4 people removed from the Eastern stand and two had to be cuffed. I assume there had been a fight. As the game was gone I was watching it as I sit opposite. The cops had problems removing one guy then a bloke in a Souths jumper started throwing them and the cops cuffed him as well. First trouble I have seen there for years.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 12-05-14 at 04:52 PM.

Banned

No doubt a large portion of the people who live on the Gold Coast are either from NSW or VIC. I just wonder how many of those Souths fans that have the Titans as their second team actually go to Titans games when Souths aren't playing. My guess would be less than 50% just based on crowds in other games.

If what you are saying about not many people from NSW or QLD moving to Victoria and the other southern states such as SA and WA is true (and I do believe it) then what kind of hope does the NRL have of expanding? I know it's a different issue but if you are limited to just two states and one territory in country that consists of six states and two territories then it's not really national. It's off topic I know but it's something I've thought about in the past.

Back on topic. There are plenty of RL fans on the Gold Coast, it's just a vast majority of them don't want to attend Titans games these days. That's the reality of the situation. Sure, you can pull a big crowd when the Broncos and Rabbitohs come to town but that's not a good look for the team when you get just half of those against the lower drawing teams. The Suns have the same problem. Huge crowds against Collingwood and pretty average crowds against teams like GWS or Port Adelaide. However, the key here is the fact that we all know there are more RL fans than AFL fans on the GC but the teams still seem to be around equal when it comes to crowd drawing. Shouldn't be the case when you have a majority of the market.