Default Taylor eyes Titans leadership role

By Tony Webeck, Chief Queensland Correspondent
    NRL.com
    4:55pm Thu 29th May, 2014

He is displaying the type of consistency that has him knocking on the door of Queensland selection again but Titans powerhouse Dave Taylor first wants to become a leader at his club.

Coming off the back of his first career hat-trick in last weekend's loss to the Warriors, Taylor and his teammates were put through a searching fitness session on the Gold Coast this morning as they endeavour to resuscitate their finals aspirations.

Competition leaders a month ago, the Titans currently sit outside the top eight but with a guaranteed two points from this week's bye, they could be back in the top half of the competition by the end of Round 12.

Taylor is one of only four Titans players to have appeared in each of their first 11 games this year and after nine years in the top grade believes he is overdue to take on a more senior role.

"Obviously it was a bit disappointing missing out on Origin selection and having a lot of people out [against the Warriors] I had to stand up," Taylor told Titans TV.

"I'm becoming one of the senior players now and that's what you see Luke Bailey, Nate Myles and Ash Harrison, all the senior players doing week in and week out. I want to start copying those senior players and producing some more consistent football."
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    By Tony Webeck, Chief Queensland Correspondent
    NRL.com
    4:55pm Thu 29th May, 2014

"I'm becoming one of the senior players now and that's what you see Luke Bailey, Nate Myles and Ash Harrison, all the senior players doing week in and week out. I want to start copying those senior players and producing some more consistent football."
    Good to see the penny is dropping for the big fella. Hopefully he can finally begin to understand that his efforts on the field have a direct influence on the result and can strive to consistently deliver.

Good signs.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Rep Player

Love what I am seeing from DT finally hitting that potential. I also find it funny that he has come out and said the key to this is to stop listening to what others are saying about him ie: completely disregarding what carty says and doing what HE needs. Can only imagine how some of our younger guys would thrive under Henry as coach