Default Alex Leapai world title fight

im sure we all have seen the result / highlight by now, but what struck me was how composed and controlled the champion was. his fitness, his form when punching was ridiculous. And his words afterwards were so classy.

you can this guy is the real deal and been doing this for a decade. im a fan of his for sure.

good luck to Alex, its a bit like a guy who got picked for his debut in a GF team...its a step up in class so just learn and work to be better.

p.s. i dont mean he didnt earn his shot at the title,hes achieved so much, im more referring to the class difference in getting there and getting there and competing.

I don't mean to knock Leapai, but even before they stepped into the ring it appeared to be a mismatch. But with that said, there wouldn't be too many opponents that could level up (eye to eye) to Klitschko.. The monster definitely is in a league of his own.

He was never ever gong to be a chance but he's done something no Australian in History has ever done & fought for a Heavy weight Title , the man has a seriously hard melon that's for sure & well done for turning his life around , he can certainly hold his head high just for stepping in the Ring with "Drago" , probably the most surpreme athlete I've ever seen in a boxing ring
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    He was never ever gong to be a chance but he's done something no Australian in History has ever done & fought for a Heavy weight Title , the man has a seriously hard melon that's for sure & well done for turning his life around , he can certainly hold his head high just for stepping in the Ring with "Drago" , probably the most surpreme athlete I've ever seen in a boxing ring
    your not wrong, just the physique alone tells you how elite and committed he is. i was so impressed. he arms were like inspector gadget. just extended with ridiculous ease. a dominant force.

but yeah , a bloke from logan with not alot going for him....does something amazing. hope people look after him and make the most of this chance and the money he has and will earn.

I wonder what the crowd figure was
    #itaintweaktospeak

I wonder what the crowd figure at Tallai golf was. I was speaking with Mandy, she said they were opening early for the fight, but given that it was all over by about 7:30 I don't know if they would have sold enough beer and breakfasts to cover the viewing cost.

I watched it on pay-per-view at my sisters place. None of us could work out why he wouldn't throw the "Samoan Bowler" (google it, it's his massive over hand punch, apparently adapted from his bowling action at the church he attends!) but like Jeff Fenech said in the lead up, even the best fighters can freeze on the big stage. I think he was well over-awed by the occasion, but a lack of serious training staff and poor mental preperation ( he was WAY to emotional, when he needed to be focused and angry) set him up for failure. I think he was lucky to make it to round 5, and while he did show plenty of Lion heart to get there, IMO he gave Dr Steelhammer a scare when he finally threw the big right, and that is when/why Drago finished the fight.

The good news is it showed that boxing has champions with manners grace and intelligence and contenders who show humility when they fail. It was a pleasant change.

Huge crowd at Tallai mate , the fight lasted long enough for a Bacon & Egg roll, triple shot latte & a Schooner of New to finish the event..

Nice to see boxing without a Mundine in site
    #itaintweaktospeak

Ask CoastSportsFan..

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Ask CoastSportsFan..
    Thought i did
    #itaintweaktospeak

Can someone tell me why Australian heavyweight challengers are so rare?

Good on him for giving it a crack.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Thought i did
    ...I always was a bit slow.