Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

According to the text under a picture on NRL.com "Gold Coast Titans five-eighth Aidan Sezer has been named to face the Rabbitohs this weekend despite injury concerns, while Albert Kelly is also fit and William Zillman will make a return in the centres." The official team hasn't been announced yet though.
    http://www.nrl.com/round-9-teams-liv...5/default.aspx

Sezer and Kelly would be optimistic IMO.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titans Team: 1 - David Mead, 2 - Kevin Gordon, 3 – William Zillman, 4 – Brad Takairangi, 5 – Anthony Don, 6 - Aidan Sezer, 7 - Albert Kelly, 8 - Luke Douglas, 9 - Beau Falloon, 10 - Nate Myles (capt), 11 - Greg Bird (capt), 12 – David Taylor, 13 - Ashley Harrison. Interchange: 14 – Mark Ioane, 15 – Ryan James, 16 – Mark Minichiello, 17 – Matt Srama, 18 – Cody Nelson

http://www.nrl.com/round-9-teams-liv...5/default.aspx

Happy to see Matt Srama back.

- - - Updated - - -

William Zillman is fit to return to the iSelect Titans team to play South Sydney at Cbus Super Stadium on Saturday night and could make his return in the centres.

That’s where Zillman, sidelined with a hamstring injury since the round three clash against Canberra, has been named in John Cartwright’s provisional 18-man side but the make-up of starting line-up won’t be known until later in the week when the fitness of both halves, five-eighth Aidan Sezer (ankle) and Albert Kelly (leg), are assessed.

With Paul Carter suspended for one match, Matt Srama has been named on a five-man bench after coming through two Intrust Super Cup matches with Tweed Seagulls.

Please note that good seats are still available for the clash via Ticketek. A crowd of over 20,000 is expected. For transport details to get to Cbus Super Stadium please click here.

The preliminary team v South Sydney, round nine:

1 - David Mead - (Proudly sponsored by Aida Sales and Marketing)

2 - Kevin Gordon - (Proudly sponsored by Aria Apartments Broadbeach)

3 – William Zillman - (Proudly sponsored by A.S.A.P Glass)

4 – Brad Takairangi- (Proudly sponsored by Local Directories)

5 – Anthony Don - (Proudly sponsored by Britts Selected Meats)

6 - Aidan Sezer - (Proudly sponsored by QLD Roads Surfaces Contracting Pty Ltd)

7 - Albert Kelly - (Proudly sponsored by Britts Selected Meats )

8 - Luke Douglas - (Proudly sponsored by Superior Concrete Testing)

9 - Beau Falloon - (Proudly sponsored by Bradmans Windows and Doors)

10 - Nate Myles (capt) - (Proudly sponsored by NuFlow Technologies 2000 Pty Ltd)

11 - Greg Bird (capt) - (Proudly sponsored by Pro Active Electrical)

12 – David Taylor - (Proudly sponsored by Bridgehampton Plasterers)

13 - Ashley Harrison - (Proudly sponsored by Australian Bitumen Services)

INTERCHANGE

14 – Mark Ioane (Proudly sponsored by DMK Forests Products)

15 – Ryan James (Proudly sponsored by Gold Coast Health Club)

16 - Mark Minichiello (Proudly sponsored by Mulherin Rigging)

17 – Matt Srama (Proudly sponsored by Flick- Anticimex)

18 – Cody Nelson

http://www.titans.com.au/content/titans/club/news/2014/05/06/zillman_back_but_halves_in_doubt.html

Reading this we might see Carty doing what he does best.

Srama was on report for a lifting tackle but not sure if he got off or not, even so i wouldn't play him he's not ready Cody Nelson looks like he'll make the step up & i'd play him over Matt
    #itaintweaktospeak

I'd have had Henry in the 18 and certainly not an under-done Zillman ... it's a travesty against Souffs.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

At least Mead seems to be our #1 fullback from now on

Cartwright was just on the news, and he said "there will always be a place for William Zillman on the team while I have anything to say about it" (or words very close to those actual words).

Basically, what I get out of this is a very unhealthy way to choose a football team, that one person will always get a run, regardless of form or fitness, because the coach has a special love for him.

I like to think that public opinion and forum support has helped to keep David Mead in the #1 jumper, because Cartwright clearly would prefer TP to be back at the back.

That's a very sharp looking team. I have been a big advocate that Zillman is a left centre. Here's hoping he shows what I expect he can. I hope the halves are good to go and Srama makes a strong comeback.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

The only reason Mead has the 1 is that Cartwright can save face by using Zillman to cover injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    That's a very sharp looking team. I have been a big advocate that Zillman is a left centre. Here's hoping he shows what I expect he can. I hope the halves are good to go and Srama makes a strong comeback.
    Im expecting some of his right to left passes to end up in the stands.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Im expecting some of his right to left passes to end up in the stands.
    Aaaaaaah, he can pass … I knew I must be missing something …. [behind hand coughing sound] bbbbuuuulllllssssssheeeeeeeet.

Well he isn't the Total Package then is he?
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Origin bolter Mead keeps Zillman at bay
    By Tony Webeck, Chief Queensland Correspondent
    NRL.com
    5:30pm Tue 06th May, 2014

Coach John Cartwright insists he will always find a place for William Zillman in any Titans team he is in charge of but it won't be in his preferred position of fullback for the immediate future.

The undeniable form of David Mead in the No.1 jersey both for the Titans and last Sunday for Country Origin has forced Cartwright to select Zillman in the centres for his return from a hamstring injury with the possibility of a move into the halves before game-time.

Both Aidan Sezer (ankle) and Albert Kelly (leg) have been named to play against South Sydney on Saturday night but are rated only a 50/50 chance of playing, the side's final training session on Friday to determine their ultimate availability.

Since the retirement of Preston Campbell at the end of the 2011 season, Zillman has played just one game away from the fullback position but the displays of another pocket dynamo over the past month has him on the move again.

With lingering injury concerns over both halves as well as centres Brad Tighe and Maurice Blair, Zillman shapes as the Titans' Mr Fix-It but for now the fullback position is Mead's to call his own.

"It was a really tough decision, we're just fortunate that we've got two guys that can handle a key position in your side as well as they do'" Cartwright said.

"[Mead] has probably been there for five or six weeks now and we've won most of those games and he's gone down there and played a very strong game [for Country] and is probably in line for a NSW spot.

"It's delicate, [Zillman] has been there since Preston retired and he's done a fantastic job there. It's just the fact that a guy has come in and been given an opportunity and done everything he could possibly do to keep that job.

"There will always be a spot there in the team for William Zillman while ever I've got any say in it, and that's why he's handled it so well. He knows that it's about the team and any individual disappointment that he may have will be put aside when we go on the field on Saturday."

Despite spending the past two years as the last line of defence, Cartwright is confident that previous experience at both centre and five-eighth will hold Zillman in good stead defensively and is excited at the prospect of both players getting their hands on the ball more regularly in attack.

"It's one of his strengths," he said of Zillman's defence. "He's very solid, good technique, and he's played in the front line before. If anything it adds to what we can do with the ball in hand.

"We're fortunate that we've got two guys that can handle it but also fortunate that it allows William this week to start in the centres through a few injuries there and long-term, I like the look of it.

"They're both capable to play in various positions but as far as an attacking side, I like the look of it when they're both there somewhere."

While the form of Mead has been something of a revelation, the injuries to Sezer and Mead threaten to be a major disruption against a Rabbitohs team who have their eyes on the Titans' place in the top four.

A pending suspension for Detrimental Conduct to Beau Henry from last weekend's Intrust Super Cup game for Tweed Heads further thins out the Titans' available halves this week but Cartwright has not given hope that their first-choice pairing will take the field.

"They're both very good chances, I think they're both better than 50/50," Cartwright said. "Albert's probably the main concern.

"We were fortunate to have that week off last week – they wouldn't have played last week – but the physio's pretty confident he can get them on the paddock.

"They'll have a bit of a run around [on Wednesday] but as is usual Friday is when we will have to finalise the team. We'll run a few different combinations there [on Wednesday] but at this stage we're pretty confident they'll play.

"If William had to play in the halves it could be a good Plan B for us because you do need depth right across the park and with the salary cap unfortunately you just can't cover every position as you'd like."
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Well he isn't the Total Package then is he?
    We all know where the Goat's pictures ended up.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post

"It's delicate, [Zillman] has been there since Preston retired and he's done a fantastic job there. It's just the fact that a guy has come in and been given an opportunity and done everything he could possibly do to keep that job.

"There will always be a spot there in the team for William Zillman while ever I've got any say in it, and that's why he's handled it so well. He knows that it's about the team and any individual disappointment that he may have will be put aside when we go on the field on Saturday."
    Why ?

If someone is making the previous player in the same position look 2nd rate why is that delicate, its just proving that players can rise when given an opportunity to prove themselves in a preferable position on the field, i hope Zillman plays a great game on Saturday arvo ,,,,at centre
    #itaintweaktospeak