Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

haha as i wrote that i was thinking Mexi and myself have alot of similar views lately...how can i ruin that? lol.

but seriously, i might PM you one day as id like to know more about a Manly fans view on that whole situation. i know Gallop may have overstepped, but he wasnt vicious like wilson was.From my view, i think Gallop felt down by someone he entrusted to be face of the game, not for the accusations, but just for the drinking and getting such poor publicity. but then he maybe didnt give any support to Brett after that. So i think he had some merit standing him down, but undid it by not cuddling him afterwards and looking after his welfare.

is that miles off?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    haha as i wrote that i was thinking Mexi and myself have alot of similar views lately...how can i ruin that? lol.

but seriously, i might PM you one day as id like to know more about a Manly fans view on that whole situation. i know Gallop may have overstepped, but he wasnt vicious like wilson was.From my view, i think Gallop felt down by someone he entrusted to be face of the game, not for the accusations, but just for the drinking and getting such poor publicity. but then he maybe didnt give any support to Brett after that. So i think he had some merit standing him down, but undid it by not cuddling him afterwards and looking after his welfare.

is that miles off?
    Personally (and of course I am biased here) I think that he should not have been stood down. At the time there had been a few off field issues and Gallop got spooked by the sexual assualt allegations. My recollection is that he took it upon himself to suspend Stewart for 4 weeks and when questioned about the fairness of that considering Stewart had not even been tried over the sexual assualt matter, Gallop then said it was for being drunk in public. Of course many players have been guilty of that and don't forget Stewart had committed no offence/caused trouble during the night at the pub. It was like Gallop had just had enough and wanted to make an example of someone, which then blew up in his face when Stewart was acquitted of the sexual assualt.
    It seemed to be made worse by Gallop not apologising at the end of it but even I was thinking then that the Stewarts had to get over it and move on.
    We have gone a bit off topic now, haven't we?

There is little doubt that there was a role range of errors then but the worst of it was that the Stewarts became portrayed as being precious when they were at least as equally at fault and should have shut up ... such is the ego of a sports star unfortunately.

Gallop had little choice really and was never going to apologise or his position would have been questioned, something that can't happen in that role. Manly the club, were also wrong in their lack of due diligence and Hasler didn't help with his grandstanding which we now all know was just another Hasler-ism for keeping the players onside. Generally poorly handled all round with no winners.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    There is little doubt that there was a role range of errors then but the worst of it was that the Stewarts became portrayed as being precious when they were at least as equally at fault and should have shut up ... such is the ego of a sports star unfortunately.

Gallop had little choice really and was never going to apologise or his position would have been questioned, something that can't happen in that role. Manly the club, were also wrong in their lack of due diligence and Hasler didn't help with his grandstanding which we now all know was just another Hasler-ism for keeping the players onside. Generally poorly handled all round with no winners.
    Hmm. I do agree that the Stewarts are a bit "high maintenance" but......when you simplify it, Brett got pissed and caught a taxi home. He got 4 weeks for that.
    However I'll admit to being biased.
    Back to this topic and Rothfield - it is interesting to read todays Tele with all the positive articles about Anzac Day footy, and constructive ones about Benji, about the salary cap etc. Not one written by Rothfield. Yet he and Bourbon Bec will crawl out from under their rocks for tomorrows paper. Who will Bec lecture tomorrow?

The title of this Thread in the save Rugby League might need to Focus on the Titans. Seeing some people lately suggesting that the Titans are not doing so well financially. On the Hunt article in the Bully online some suggesting that Tinkler is not the only one late on payments to players lately. Has anyone heard the same. ????