Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_89 View Post
    David Mead better than Nathan Merrit??
    Well only one of them is playing NRL so quite obviously yes

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Well only one of them is playing NRL so quite obviously yes
    Touché.... Yea I saw that today and thought it was a big call from McGuire... He's only the leading try scorer in the clubs history....
    Maybe age is finally catching up with him....

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    GCT_89, congratulations on dissecting a rather trivial topic that will most likely never come to fruition, and try 'n turn it into something more than what it should be. Top Marks, were does a bloke sign up for the Fan Club?
    If you'd care to look closer, you'll find I only shared my opinion on the trivial topic and then began to dissect the larger issue of our 1-5 being talent poor compared to the rest of the competition...
    As previously stated, he will never play State of Origin...
    And as for the fan club, a $500vcash fee sounds good...

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Yup, whatever..

So, let's just say one or both of Queensland's wingers were fighting to be fit to play Origin. Who would you take ahead of Mead, based on current form? I am not saying he is Origin material but I don't see many other options out there,, both current Cowboy wingers are on their first season, Vidot is strong but has errors in his game, Maranta is bad all round apart from being able to diffuse bombs. Really, QLD don't have much to offer in the depth department as far as outside backs go. Also, before you say Barba or Milford, hell no, none of them are wingers and they never will be.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 27-04-14 at 05:49 PM.

Oh dear, I don't think I've seen a more classic case of pwnage before.

"Wouldn't get a run at most Nrl clubs but he is the best player in titans 1-9" - Wing partner Kev goes and gets himself into the country team

"I will be watching him closely on the weekend" - Mead goes out and gets channel 9 Motm

Then to really finish Mr Gct89 off he goes and gets himself a rep jumper playing in a position he is a baby at
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Oh dear, I don't think I've seen a more classic case of pwnage before.

"Wouldn't get a run at most Nrl clubs but he is the best player in titans 1-9" - Wing partner Kev goes and gets himself into the country team

"I will be watching him closely on the weekend" - Mead goes out and gets channel 9 Motm

Then to really finish Mr Gct89 off he goes and gets himself a rep jumper playing in a position he is a baby at
    Mead the best in titans 1-5....yes
    Gordon deserve his spot in the country team...no
    Neither of them do, they are both lucky enough to benefit from a superior players misfortune.

I did watch him closely in the tigers game and he played great....didn't deserve MOM though (Carter)

He's actually already played rep football at fb...for PNG (you know, the country he was born in)

But hey, Kevin Gordon and David Mead are actually the best players in the comp....well, out of those who qualify for Country NSW and as long as the rest are injured....

All arguments aside.... How can a player who states his heart lies with qld get picked for a NSW country team?

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Wow, how did I miss all this action?
    Some interesting points, not particularly valid points, but certainly entertaining.

But I must say, I did like this line GCT:
    And as for the fan club, a $500vcash fee sounds good...

With the benefit of hindsight, I think we are all agreed he will NEVER play Origin for Qld. :boo:

Mead the best in titans 1-5....yes
    Gordon deserve his spot in the country team...no
    Neither of them do, they are both lucky enough to benefit from a superior players misfortune.

I did watch him closely in the tigers game and he played great....didn't deserve MOM though (Carter)

He's actually already played rep football at fb...for PNG (you know, the country he was born in)

But hey, Kevin Gordon and David Mead are actually the best players in the comp....well, out of those who qualify for Country NSW and as long as the rest are injured....

All arguments aside.... How can a player who states his heart lies with qld get picked for a NSW country team?
    We clearly have vastly differing opinions, and from the Coaches/Selectors I have heard from so do they.

A few more Classic comments similar to those in this thread could spur Mead to Captaining the Kangaroos soon
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/...-1226900605823
    This is the article in the Gold Coast Bully, for those who haven't seen it.

TITANS flyer David Mead says he only pledged his allegiance to Queensland because of the mad following the Maroons receive in his homeland.

The Papua New Guinea international’s comments came after he was controversially called into the NSW Country team.

Mead, who played for PNG in last year’s World Cup, has been declared a Blue and will replace injured fullback Josh Dugan in Sunday’s clash against City despite saying that he wanted to play for Queensland just a fortnight ago.

Mead was born in PNG before moving to Lismore as a 12-year-old and the NRL was yesterday asked to sort out his eligibility by the Country Rugby League.

The 25-year-old satisfied the NSW selection criteria and was on a plane to Sydney only hours later to go into camp.

He is the second Queensland hopeful NSW have pinched recently after Ipswich-born Rabbitohs young gun Luke Keary was declared a Blue.

Mead said the only reason he wanted to play for Queensland was because he grew up around Maroons supporters.

“Growing up in PNG, a lot of my family are Queensland fans and that’s how we went,” he said.

“My eligibility says I’m NSW and I’m just keen to get down there and concentrate on this game. That’s all settled now.

“I ticked all the boxes for NSW and that’s where it stands. It’s all pretty clear now.

“I’m definitely stoked to be able to put on a rep jersey. It’s a dream come true.”

It’s understood Mead is privately worried about the backlash he will receive over the eligibility saga. He first signalled his desire to play for Queensland in 2011 after receiving advice from former Maroons Queensland and PNG representative Adrian Lam.

The ARL Commission last year overhauled Origin eligibility guidelines following a series of controversies and Mead satisfies four of the five NSW criteria.

Mead recently said: “I think I’m eligible for NSW. But growing up I always went for Queensland when I lived in Papua New Guinea, so I would like to choose Queensland.”

That decision has now been taken away from him and the electric fullback said that he was determined to make the most of his opportunity in Dubbo with a NSW Origin jersey now a real possibility.

“It has been confusing but I wasn’t too fussed because my form the past few years hasn’t been as good as the other players,” he said.

“I was always playing for PNG so I never knew if I was on the radar for either state.”

Mead’s representative call-up has come on the back of a purple patch of form since he replaced the injured William Zillman at fullback for the Titans.

“I’ve had a bit more opportunity to play up the middle and catch out some tired forwards,” he said.

“I’ve had a lot more involvement and that’s definitely helped my chances.

“Origin wasn’t really in my mind during this period of time.”

Even City hooker Beau Falloon, Mead’s teammate at the Titans, said he was confused by the situation.

“It was a bit confusing,’’ Falloon said. “It’s good to finally know who he’s eligible for.”

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    We clearly have vastly differing opinions, and from the Coaches/Selectors I have heard from so do they.

A few more Classic comments similar to those in this thread could spur Mead to Captaining the Kangaroos soon
    Fingers crossed.....

He is the #one number1 at our club, lets hope cartyleaves him there....

and after reading that^^ article it kinda clears it up a bit.... He's got a long hard path ahead of him... Good Luck....

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!