Default NRL.com you are f$%^ing useless

Apart from the absolute fiasco that is this years fantasy team and the sh!t format for tipping etc, I have been banging on about the utterly hopeless NRL website for years. It has always been slow, it has always been poorly written and it has always been well below what the National Rugby League website should be.

An obvious example is the quality of this forum that Tamwelg has created and managed, compared to the NRL website that no doubt has a team of paid professionals creating, developing and updating it constantly.

However, for almost all of this year I have watched scores get posted late, the times on the game get messed around with (it jumped back about 20 minutes the other night and then went back to the correct time with about 5 minutes to go) and most recently I have been "watching" the NZ v Dogs game online and the score didn't update for most of the second half, until it jumped from 10-6 (the half time score) to 20-21, the final score.

Quite simply, this is not good enough for the NRL, hasn't been good enough for years, and the fantasy team fiasco is an easy and obvious example of the low quality online media that the NRL is running and providing to it's fans.

Get your sh!t together NRL, I have almost had an absolute gutfull of the ridiculously hopeless site you provide the fans of the game.

It's just not good enough, and it's disrespectful and insulting to the fans. :boo:

Rant over. On this forum....

For the record, throw the f#$ing useless NRL referees into this whinge. they are the most incompetent of any that I can ever recall.
    The "forward pass" in the Sharks vs Eagle game is probably one of the most obvious examples of sheer incompetence I can recall.
    Anyway, I am going back to my serious drinking to numb the pain.

100% Agree mate...

Was about to smash my laptop to pieces last week

The NRL.COM site fails horribly in the following areas:

-Tipping
    -Fantasy Teams
    -Match Centre
    -Digital Pass/Video

But hey, there plenty of other areas they do well with.... ummm.... like, well, other stuff maybe?

Honestly the most pathetic excuse for a website. I've spent the afternoon trying to watch a replay of Friday night's epic victory and I have already broken my mouse..... (i smashed it down on the desk when a last ditch attempt to get nrl.com to work failed):boo:

I'm not sure where the blame lies, Telstra/Bigpond or the NRL... But I'm sick of it....
    Useless Twats!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    For the record, throw the f#$ing useless NRL referees into this whinge. they are the most incompetent of any that I can ever recall.
    The "forward pass" in the Sharks vs Eagle game is probably one of the most obvious examples of sheer incompetence I can recall.
    Anyway, I am going back to my serious drinking to numb the pain.
    I think I've worked out whats going on....

THE REFEREES ARE THE ONES THAT RUN NRL.COM!!!!!!
    That explains what they get up to during the week, because they never seem to improve...
    It also makes sense as to where the nrl found such incompetent pricks to 'run' the site...

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

I agree. It's terrible. And when you compare what other people do for the love of the game (Tamwelg the leading example) with dozens upon dozens of paid professionals. It's also a worried that is backed by Telstra which is supposed to be the leading communications company in Australia.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

One of my personal gripes is NRL.com has disabled embedding for videos. Which I find extremely petty. Fortunate the clubs haven't followed suit.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

And no one look at the Rep section. Kangaroos and Origin. It's out of date. It's a joke. Not enough info.

Adam, have you been able to watch any LIVE games using NRL digital pass?

Has anyone been able to watch any LIVE games on NRL digital pass?

FFS, the thing is so f#$%ing annoying! I am almost 100% certain they still haven't sorted most of their online/digital sh!t out, and it's driving me crazy! I honestly don't know how they take something that was basically working ok last year, and manage to totally screw the pooch so badly that it can't even handle fantasy teams/tipping. They charge money for fanatsy coach, but my fantasy team has been screwed over before the season even started ( I have asked for a refund but still haven;t heard from anyone), then they charge for NRL digital pass, but I haven't been able to watch a single live game.

Honestly, if I wasn't a Titans supporter I would walk away from the NRL after dousing it in 1000 litres of petrol and throw a match over my shoulder. The whole game is being f$%#ed over by greed and incompetence, and the NRL itself is unable, unwilling or incapable of stopping the rot. Between Telstra and the NRL the fans can't even get the basic product THAT WE ARE PAYING FOR!!!

FFS NRL, sort out this basic sh!t so the fans can start to watch and enjoy the game again. It's shouldn't be this frustrating, and it's definitely not that hard to stream live media, especially to those who are willing to pay for it. FFS, I can watch it for free using livestream, but I am paying for the "priviledge" using the official NRL website.

I should make a note to the above post: I can see live video, in an over-buffered, jumpy, sometimes on/off, regularly refreshed, dropping in and out, patchy, slow and jumpy kind of way, but I am talking about actually being able to watch an actual game of live streamed NRL without all this BS happening every couple of minutes.

I want to WATCH the game, not be refreshing/freezing/losing signal every few minutes. It's so frigging annoying! Its friggin hopeless.

OK, this will give those who haven't experienced how bad this can actually be and idea of my frustrstion.

I am watching the "live" video, but because it is so laggy, the scoreboard on NRL.com (which the video is embedded next to) just got updated before the "live" video had even had a chance to catch up. So I knew what was about to happen 2 minutes before the vieo caught up. It's unwatchable. It's another rweason why Telstra is hated by so many Aussies, and why the NRL continuously bleeds fans to other codes. It is incompetence at the highest level for anyone involved that considers themselves professional in any way.

It really isnt living up to the demands and expectations. Its promoted at nauseam (All over the field, all over NRL.com, all over the NRL app) but it doesn't seem to be working, like its still in beta testing. Im hearing alot of similar feedback from around the place.