Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

That'd be an even money bet..

When TP does make it back to Fullback. We'll know that they've probably canned most of Henry's input, and we can pretty well resign ourselves to the fact that our season is done..
    Last edited by Toads; 25-04-14 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I'll bet Cartwright finds a way to get Zillman to fullback.
    Zillman is the fb, Mead has been told this on numerous occasions
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Sportal: TIGERS v TITANS preview

Wests Tigers host Gold Coast Titans at Leichhardt Oval on Sunday, April 27 in Round 8 of the NRL.

The match kicks off at 3pm.

What: NRL Round 8

Who: Wests Tigers v Gold Coast

When: Sunday 27th April – 3pm

Where: Leichhardt Oval

I Can Watch It On: Channel Nine

Form Guide
    WT - LWWLWWW
    GC - WLWWWWL

Things You Need To Know:
    Human wrecking ball James Gavet is a huge loss for the Tigers, the enforcer dropping out with a hamstring injury. Sitaleki Akauola is on the bench to accommodate the return of Liam Fulton.
    The Titans' only change is Mark Ioane coming in for the suspended Matt White. Surprisingly William Zillman is still out of the side after reports he was training last week.

Reason To Watch:
    Two (surprise) heavyweights go head to head with the Tigers coming off three wins and playing their best footy in recent seasons. The Titans are firming in premiership contention after a 5-2 start to the season. The Tigers always aim up at Leichhardt, and their 42-12 win over the Titans earlier this season shouldn't be brushed aside.

Reason To Turn Away:
    Just when the Tigers thought they'd never hear of him again, Benji arrives home asking for forgiveness from the rugby league brethren. He won't be in black and gold again but the mere mention of his name is guaranteed to start a blue in Tigertown.
    Say What:

"I'm not getting ahead of myself – the coaching staff know it's a long haul getting to the semis." – Mick Potter is keeping it real despite the Tigers' great start to 2014.

Final Word:
    Recent form and home ground advantage will get the Wests Tigers across the line – but only just. WT by 6.
    Sportingbet Odds:
    WT – $1.77
    GC - $2.08

Source: http://www.sportal.com.au
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Greg Bird seeks revenge of the Gold Coast Titans

Greg Bird will be out to steer his team to victory over the Tigers. Picture: Adam Head Source: News Corp Australia
    NRL players typically play down talk of revenge as being any sort of motivation for a coming contest.

But Greg Bird has never been one to run with the pack, and so it should surprise no one that the Titans co-captain yesterday broke with tradition, declaring his side would travel to Leichardt Oval tomorrow desperate to atone for the embarrassment of their round-two thumping by Wests Tigers.

“They got us good up here earlier in the year and I think it is fair to say we were all pretty embarrassed about what happened there on our home patch,” Bird admitted.

“We’re going down to their, I guess, spiritual home and it would be nice to repay the favour because they did a real number on us,’’ he added, referring to the 42-12 scoreline.

“Every loss is disappointing but that match was pretty ugly and I think while the whole group wants to make amends, Sunday is pretty important to our guys in the middle there.’’

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spor...1226896404719#
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Blair out; Nelson to make debut

Sat 26th April, 12:59PM

Centre Maurice Blair is out of the iSelect Titans side to play Wests Tigers at Leichhardt Oval tomorrow because of a wrist injury suffered on Monday night.

Dave Taylor will switch from the second row to play left centre in his place, and Mullumbimby junior Cody Nelson will make his NRL debut off the bench at age 24.

Nelson, who missed most of last season with an ACL injury, has been playing well for the Tweed Heads Seagulls after coming through the Titans under-20s.

Cody Nelson is one of the unluckiest footy players in our clubs history & probably would've made his debut 3 years ago if not for major injuries suffered playing Q Cup, I hope he has a blinder
    #itaintweaktospeak

Good to hear Nelson get a chance. Would be great if he goes out there and carves up.

Interesting to see Titans FB page saying Michaels will replace Blair if he is injured. Really hope this isn't true

Typical Cartwrong selection and playing a player out of position.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Interesting to see Titans FB page saying Michaels will replace Blair if he is injured. Really hope this isn't true
    Considering he played a full game yesterday I don't think that would happen, why wouldn't Faifai loa get the start
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Considering he played a full game yesterday I don't think that would happen, why wouldn't Faifai loa get the start
    That's what I was thinking.

Very happy to see Cody get a run, and interested to see how DT goes. , might not get as much ball with bird inside him.
    wish ffl got a run too

Taylor to centre is completely f@$!ed.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    DT played his best game of the season at centre a few weeks ago....

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    not really considering the options we have, which are basically none
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]