Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Memories, the old 2 buck chuck.
    And who could forget Stone's Green Ginger Wine and Blackberry Nip?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    And who could forget Stone's Green Ginger Wine and Blackberry Nip?
    My nickname at highschool was "Stones" for awhile, after a highschool disco, where i was slightly intoxicated on the substance,
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    My nickname at highschool was "Stones" for awhile, after a highschool disco, where i was slightly intoxicated on the substance,
    I used to love that crap. Green bottle from memory and the Kirov Vodka and orange cask as well. I think it was 3 litres

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    If it was me it would be a short conversation.

- - - Updated - - -

Do we have the punting thingo on this game, anybody? If so where is the link?
    Yep, sorry for the delay, I've been tied up with the new Score and stats section of the site, which includes live scores and stats.

http://www.leagueoftitans.com.au/score_stats.php

The live stats feature is amazing. I will really make use of it and get alot more out of games than I otherwise used to.

Well done Tam.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Bloody hell Im looking forward to the Titans smashing Jamal and finding him out this weekend.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    Yep, sorry for the delay, I've been tied up with the new Score and stats section of the site, which includes live scores and stats.
    Thanks Tam, in my own little cloud I just didn't know where to look love your work.

Great work mate. Looks great.

So I see nobody is tipping us again, just like everybody tipped against us for the Broncos game.

Maybe the only way we'll grab people's attention is if we actually score some well constructed tries inside the opposition's 20 rather than the usual run against play, and ****y sort of tries we've been scoring of late.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 19-04-14 at 02:54 PM.

Love your work
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

Penrith Panthers’ Jamal Idris is ready to face his former NRL club the Gold Coast Titans

Jamal Idris says he cannot wait to hammer former Titans teammate Greg Bird when he takes on his old club for the first since joining Penrith.

The powerhouse centre said nothing brings out a player’s best form more than a stoush with old teammates.

And the laid-back Idris admitted he had been counting down the days until Monday night’s clash with Gold Coast since linking with the Panthers.

“It’s the only game really where I knew who we were playing against. Most of the time I get midweek and still have to ask who we’re playing,” Idris said.

“You always play your best footy against your mates, but I don’t want to overdo it.

“I don’t want to go out too hard, I just want to play my normal game.”

Idris is most looking forward to coming face to face with Titan’s lock Bird.

“I was just hoping I was on Birdy’s side (of the field), because there’s nothing better than putting a couple of hits on him,” he said.

“I remember in 2011 (when Idris was at the Bulldogs), we were just mucking around, and he said he wanted to pull every dread out of my head, and I just started laughing.

“But then when he actually pulled my hair, we came out second half, he got the ball and I hit him with everything I had. After the game he sends me a message and says: ‘Mate, I’m coughing up blood.’”

Monday’s clash with the NRL leaders is the last of three successive home matches for the 10th-placed Panthers.

Panthers second rower Elijah Taylor said: “Titans have an international forward pack so it will be another challenge for us in the middle, to slow their play the ball down and give ourselves and opportunity.”

“Jamal is a player that’s gives his all for this club. He’s a great bloke as well and a player I respect and I hope he goes out and rips into them on Monday,” he said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226887939497

Maurice Blair had a troubled start at the Gold Coast Titans but is keen to cement a first grade spot

MAURICE Blair knows all about bad first impressions. More importantly, he knows how to change those perceptions.

Blair’s first taste of NRL was getting smoked 54-14 by the Warriors in New Zealand but he has since become a proven first-grader nearing 100 NRL games.

The first impression he made at the Titans was just as troubling but, like his debut, he has managed to turn it around.

Arriving at the club weighing 99kg, Blair often finished last in the fitness sessions as he struggled to adapt to the Queensland heat.

Then there was his New Year’s Eve arrest in Maryborough for drinking in public, bringing negative headlines for the club and putting even greater focus on his less-than-desirable poor start to his Gold Coast career.

In his first interview since that incident, Blair opened up about how he had gone about turning a bad start into a promising performance.

“I was definitely worried,’’ Blair told The Sunday Mail.

“I’d only just got up here. I hadn’t even played a game and that was pretty disappointing.

“I’ve got it out of the road now, I’m just concentrating on footy.

“That is what I’m here to do, just play my best footy for the club and the team and the boys.

“I want to leave all the other stuff behind me now, live and learn from it and move on.”

“(Pre-season) was tough, I thought I was going to die out there. Coming from Melbourne where it was pretty cold to about 40 degrees and doing 2km timed runs, I didn’t know what had hit me.

“After I got used to it about Christmas I started picking up and catching up to them.’’

How quickly times have changed. Once he got his fitness in order he had dropped back to 94kg, but felt too light and weak, so he increased his gym work to get his strength and weight back up to 97kg for the year ahead.

He was dropped after two weeks but injuries have brought him back into the side and now he has the opportunity to cement the left-side centre position.

It was a role he owned at the Melbourne Storm, where his form attracted interest from the Titans for a second time.

Gold Coast were keen on Blair in their inaugural season, when he was playing for Souths Logan in the Intrust Super Cup, but he moved to Penrith instead.

Eight years later, the Titans have their man.

He hits like a truck in defence, as Broncos star Justin Hodges felt last week.

“I’m probably a bit more old school, probably a bit more *defence orientated,” Blair said.

“I like a bit more of the contact stuff like that. It’s what I’ve always done since I was a kid, even in backyard football, just play whatever is in front of me.

“(Hodges) just ran straight at me and I dipped late and caught him to pop the ball out.’’

Blair said he was surprised by the Titans’ successful start to the year. Five wins from six games before Monday’s trip to Penrith has the Titans alone at the top of the table.

It is the type of potential which attracted him to the Glitter Strip in the first place.

“I looked over the squad and how they were going last year before I signed and ... I thought they were heading in the right direction and it was something I want to be a part of,” he said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/

I hope Idris spends a lot of his time worrying where Birdy is on the field & our outside backs will be finding plenty of holes in the line.

This could be the most interesting part of this match as it's well known that Birdy & Idris do not like each other.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I hope Idris spends a lot of his time worrying where Birdy is on the field & our outside backs will be finding plenty of holes in the line.

This could be the most interesting part of this match as it's well known that Birdy & Idris do not like each other.
    Is there any reason or just a personality clash?
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

I'd hate the fat fark if he farked off mid-contract too, especially after carrying him for two seasons … in fact he did and I do.