Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Look I have to agree with some of the comments about sezer, he just hasn't got it for me, one play stood out a lot to me. Last tackle he gets the ball and just threw it to taka and goes here you try something lucky taka did with that grubber.. He also just threw the ball behind everyone when the game was close.. And I don't wanna say it but it's true we attacked better with Blair at 5/8..

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Or on the few occasions we had the Panthers stretched tonight early in the tackle counts we then reverted to hit ups. On one occasion late we had cut them apart on the 4th tackle then on the 5th Nate Myles took a hit up close to their line........because we must put a useless kick up on the last tackle regardless of what might have happened just before that.
    yeah make tonnes of metres, then revert to a useless slow ruck up the middle to bring the defenders back into the game.

i watched the broncos knights game, and the knights in general, and they are masters at staying wide and using it after long runs.twice they went 50 odd metres down the far left, then from dummy spun it twice from hooker to half then to the next half who had the perfect structure waiting outside him of a lead runner, a sweeper and his centre and wing running on to it. you woudnt see it done better at training, the way they all stuck to their lanes and kept timing after a long break. it was super impressive. They scored once from it and almost another. but they exploited the defense rather than welcome back to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan1980 View Post
    Look I have to agree with some of the comments about sezer, he just hasn't got it for me, one play stood out a lot to me. Last tackle he gets the ball and just threw it to taka and goes here you try something lucky taka did with that grubber.. He also just threw the ball behind everyone when the game was close.. And I don't wanna say it but it's true we attacked better with Blair at 5/8..
    i think most of us love sezer. we do, and we want him to succeed. but at some point there needs to be improvement and an ability to adjust when things arent working. how much of that is coaching? probably a fair amount. but right now it is a stagnate situation.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Maybe we should throw our hat in the ring for Benji because we have nothing in attack
    Wouldn't Hurt.

maybe its blair to 6, sezer to7 (which he is anyway) and alby to fb where he can mostly run and use his skills for second man play rather than be depended on for it.

I echo the sentiment of all that said we offered very little in attack. When we attacking our line we looked like we would never get over it. The next two games are going to be very important to us. We need to get our attack right by the Bunnies game or we will come out the otherside of the Origin series outside the eight and sliding fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    I echo the sentiment of all that said we offered very little in attack. When we attacking our line we looked like we would never get over it. The next two games are going to be very important to us. We need to get our attack right by the Bunnies game or we will come out the otherside of the Origin series outside the eight and sliding fast.
    What makes you think we can get our attack right by the Bunnies game. Our attack has been like this for 3 years with very few exceptions. If we keep doing the same old thing we get the same old results.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    maybe its blair to 6, sezer to7 (which he is anyway) and alby to fb where he can mostly run and use his skills for second man play rather than be depended on for it.
    No, I think we all pushed Mead for fulback and even though he had a poor game tonight I would keep him there as he has shown some promise. For now I would just drop Sezer for Blair in the halves and see how that goes again.

i agree mexi, that shuffle is more likely the hail mary once the coach realises Sezer is holding us back but doesnt want to drop him.

or once coach is gone and new coach wants to gamble and see a few options.

Here are some issues to add to those already mentioned: (1) White will go for a couple of weeks at least, (2 Bird may survive on lack of evidence but I dunno, (3) Mead's ordinary game will let Zillman back in and Don who has been one of our best will get punished for it. (4) swap Sezer and Blair. Sezer can kick, step and he can feed Birdy all day from wider out. (5) Cartwright will be here forever (6) James has gone back to his cross field rubbish and (7) Falloon was truly too smart for his own good and (8) Carter needs a kick up the quoit for kicking at that ball.

And Idris obviously had something he wanted to say ... and he said it.
    Last edited by Titanic; 21-04-14 at 09:49 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Ioane will be White's replacement hopefully.

Agree with the general consensus here. Sezer is limiting our attack significantly yet I'm not sure how we go about remedying it. Persevere and hope he develops? Blair? I really don't know.

Falloon was frustrating tonight too. It's like he's been promised prize money at the end of the season if he scores X amount of tries from dummy half - he's so predictable now that me and my flatmates call it earlier in the play and try to guess which way he's gonna go etc.

Tigers next week at leichardt..oh boy.

Bird laughs off squirrel grip claim
    By Matt Encarnacion, Western Sydney Correspondent
    NRL.com
    10:40pm Mon 21st April, 2014

Titans co-captain Greg Bird has laughed off accusations by Penrith second-rower Sika Manu of a squirrel grip late in Gold Coast's 14-12 loss to Penrith on Monday evening.

Manu was penalised for lashing out after a tackle by Bird in 75th minute of the game but told on-field referee Gavin Morris that Bird was "grabbing my nuts".

Penrith officials said there would be no formal complaint made against the Titans skipper, who said he had no idea what Manu was raving about.

"I don't know, I just tackled him. I didn't know what he was blowing up about. You get them ones... Nothing r-rated. Not that I know of. He wasn't that lucky," Bird said.

The NSW Origin representative was instead focused on what he perceived as a worrying trend of penalties in the ruck, a number of which were dubious in the tightly-contested game at Penrith.

"And at the end of the day, you can't find out what's going on with the referee because he's sending you away. The players want to continue the play on constantly so it's hard to address what's going wrong," he said.

Bird also accused Penrith players of deliberately playing the ball away from the markers, putting them offside.

"There's a lot of times in there where they're getting up and playing the ball two metres to the side of the ruck. Our players are getting offside, then getting penalised for not being square," he said.

"It's hard – the ruck is the lottery at the moment because it's so fast. I guess that's what they wanted, and the rule changes to speed it up.

"But you got to just hold on for grim life, otherwise they're playing the ball, so the balls are popping out every now and again. It's a frustrating penalty-a-thon out there."

Coach John Cartwright said he has often been left dumbfounded as to some of the penalties his team was copping during games.

"It's detracting from the game. In the end, it just slows the game down because normally there's a big break," he said.

"And sometimes I really don't know what the penalties are for. That's a worry. It's a worry for everyone, for the players, the fans. But whenever you get a game that's bogged down with penalties, it's hard for the players to show what they train for all week."

Having won the second half 6-2, Cartwright pointed to a slow start from his side as the primary reason for the loss.

"It's probably similar to the games we've played all year really. We were down in some key areas," he said.

"I thought our support play was down. I thought we just missed a few too many tackles on some of their key players that we targeted we had to stop - the big winger [Josh] Mansour, Jamal [Idris].

"I thought we addressed that pretty well at half-time and it was a bit of a slog the second half. But it's pretty well how we've been playing most of the year.

"I thought we hung in really well. At 8-0, it could've gone away from us a bit. But we stuck to our job. With any luck at the death, we could've come away with another last minute win."

The loss snapped Gold Coast's four-game winning streak, and they now sit in fourth spot ahead of next week's visit to Leichhardt Oval against the in-form Tigers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    What makes you think we can get our attack right by the Bunnies game. Our attack has been like this for 3 years with very few exceptions. If we keep doing the same old thing we get the same old results.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I think we all pushed Mead for fulback and even though he had a poor game tonight I would keep him there as he has shown some promise. For now I would just drop Sezer for Blair in the halves and see how that goes again.
    True about the attack you are just abit dilusional tonight I guess.

I'm a bit confused. Who's actual roll is it to look after the attack ? Carty or Henry ?
    Last edited by Bayside Titan; 21-04-14 at 10:11 PM.

Mine now ... the first thing is "stand deep you bastards" ... right, now this is my ball ... I will run at that little pr1ck there and get one of my hands free, you two farkers get each side of me ... don't forget; time your run or you'll be in QCup next week ...
    Last edited by Titanic; 22-04-14 at 09:27 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I really don't know what to say after watching that, we look clueless in attack no one going forward not even trying anything, extremely boring to watch and so predictable, finish every set with a bomb. We need Srama back i am starting to see him as a better hooker then Falloon. James did nothing of the bench, basically it was like watching the under 8s at half time everytime we go down to the panther 20. NO idea where we go from here, hopefully we loose a few in a row and they sack carty ? Can only dream.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

We played poorly enough that it's easy to forget it was two tries all and one of there tries was from two random errors behind goal line.

not defending how we play, more that even in this sorry state we were competitive and we just need to find a basic bit of attack we can use to score more points and stay top 8.