12 Elijah Taylor
    13 Adam Docker

Interchange
    14 James Segeyaro
    15 Jeremy Latimore
    16 Tyrone Peachey
    17 Tim Grant

Coach: Ivan Cleary
    Last edited by TITAN PETE; 16-04-14 at 11:49 AM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Sowwwwiieeeeee should get a week or two for his high shot.

This is the game where I feel we will get exposed ... a bunch of workaholic nuffies against our workaholic bitsas and Idris was so bad last weekend so we know what to expect this week.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Could be a Tigers score line.

Hey Jamal, the Gold Coast Titans are going to make you the centre of attention next week

THE Titans bear no malice *towards Jamal Idris for leaving the Gold Coast but say they will show no mercy when they come up against his Panthers next week as they continue their march towards the finals.

Gold Coast head to Penrith on Monday and are wary of the wounded Panthers and Idris, who many of his former teammates rate as one of the best backs in the competition.

Titans centre Brad Takai*rangi, who is likely to go head-to-head with the behemoth, credited Idris with helping him improve his own game.

“I still rate him as one of the best centres in the comp and I’m definitely looking forward to challenging myself against him,’’ Takairangi said.

“I learnt a lot from him over the last year.

“He was the most dominant centre last year and was unlucky not to play Origin.

“Watching video of him defending and just the little things he did off the ball (helped raise my game to a new level).

“He was a massive help to me last year, me being a new centre and I definitely learnt a lot watching him.’’

But Idris should not expect any favours when the two teams clash.

“There’s no friends on the field,’’ Takairangi said.

“It’s going to be a good challenge to see where I’m at.

“He is probably one of the best centres in the competition and I am really looking forward to it.’’

Five-eighth Aidan Sezer said Idris would be targeted just as Bronco Ben Barba was at Cbus Super Stadium on Friday night, with the *Titans aware of how dangerous he could be.

“He was playing great footy for us last year and in my opinion, he’s the best centre in the game on his day,’’ Sezer said.

“They’re going to be hurting after a loss against Souths at home and they’re going to be keen to peg one back at home against us,” he said.

“And Jamal is going to be keen for a big one against his old club.

“It was a bit unfortunate that he had to leave (the Titans) but it has all worked out for the best for him.

“(There’s) no malice. He’s a great friend of all ours and hopefully we can go down and shut him down.’’

David Mead, who played outside Idris for much of last year, was taken by surprise when the star asked for a *release from the final three years of his contract to move to Sydney to help care for his ill mother.

“I guess pretty shocked *because it happened so quick but he moved for family and you can’t question that,’’ Mead said yesterday.

“He looks like he’s very happy down there and he’s playing very well,” he said.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/nrl/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    This is the game where I feel we will get exposed ... a bunch of workaholic nuffies against our workaholic bitsas and Idris was so bad last weekend so we know what to expect this week.
    We have a pretty good record at Penrith. Looking at Penrith's results this year with WLWLWL, they have not found their rhythm yet, while we are just starting to hit our straps the past couple of games. Our defence is winning us games.

That depends if you read their record left to right or vice versa but I hope you're right.

Official team Gold Coast Titans: 1. David Mead, 2. Kevin Gordon, 3. Maurice Blair, 4. Brad Takairangi, 5. Anthony Don, 6. Aidan Sezer, 7. Albert Kelly, 8. Luke Douglas, 9. Beau Falloon, 10. Nate Myles (c), 11. Greg Bird (c), 12. David Taylor, 13. Ashley Harrison. Interchange: 14. Matthew White, 15. Ryan James, 16. Mark Minichiello, 17. Paul Carter, 18. William Zillman.

James for Bailey was predictable but with Harrison and Don both worries then who knows, maybe Michaels will get a run.
    Last edited by Titanic; 15-04-14 at 02:03 PM.

That is a solid bench, James in for Bailey. Hope he's ready for this.

I would've thought Don was 0 chance of playing & Titanic u should wash your mouth out
    #itaintweaktospeak

Great to see Mead will be wearing the number 1, but I won't get too excited until the game.
    I don't know what to read into Zillman in 18, it reads as if he's there for cover for Don, but does that mean if Don is fine then Zillman doesn't play? I can't see Carty leaving Zilly out

- - - Updated - - -

It has been great beating the Storm and Broncos, but this is a statement game for a different level. This is our chance to come out firing and rack up a big score

mup, I hate to say but we don't have big scores in us, imho.
    Last edited by Titanic; 16-04-14 at 03:28 PM.

Highly-rated youngster Ryan James gets his chance to hit it up for the Gold Coast Titans
    EMMA GREENWOOD GOLD COAST BULLETIN APRIL 16, 2014 7:17AM

HIS name was synonymous with rep football after a barnstorming pre-season but a sky blue jersey has to be the last thing on Ryan James’s mind when he lines up in just his second NRL game this season against the Panthers.

James was yesterday named on the bench in place of injured front-rower Luke Bailey, who will miss two to three weeks with a high ankle sprain.

Rising star James was in career-best form at the start of the year but a shoulder injury at the Auckland Nines has kept him off the field for all but one game this season as Nate Myles, Luke Douglas, Bailey and Matt White have pushed the Gold Coast to the top of the competition ladder.

“He’s been biding his time away with that shoulder injury and that little bit of time we’ve given him will get him back to 100 per cent,’’ coach John Cartwright said of James after naming the 22-year-old to return.

“It’s not nice being injured, it never is and it was hard last week not being able to give him a game with the Seagulls playing over in PNG (due to visa issues).

“The timing is right – unfortunately for Bails – for Ryan to come in and try and make that spot his own.’’

While most players remain coy about their representative hopes, James admitted during the pre-season he was driven by the dream of playing Origin football after being widely tipped to make his debut last year.

“Honestly, when I train a little bit hard, I think about that blue jersey and I always want to play for it,’’ he said.

“So it’s in the back of my mind that I do want to play for the Blues one day but it has to come off the back of good football.’’

While the Blues City-Country selectors will be watching the game closely, Cartwright said James had to put rep footy out of his thoughts completely, as did all his players.

“Playing rep footy is not anyone’s right,’’ Cartwright said.

“It’s not your right to even talk about it.

“It’s a privilege and it’s something you get off the back of playing great footy for your club.

“That’s the way, from my perspective, rep football’s always been about and if you want to play rep footy, that’s the way you’ve got to look at it.’’

The Titans head to Penrith wary of a wounded Panthers outfit after their last-start loss to the Rabbitohs.

“We’ve had a bit of that lately though,’’ Cartwright said.

“Every game is a battle. There’s some really close scorelines out there and last year’s form is out the window. Every game’s tough.

“I can speak for the players and they like the feeling they have at the moment and they’re going to fight hard to make sure they keep that feeling in camp.’’

Paul Carter (grade 1 careless high tackle) and prop Bailey (tripping) did not try to fight charges brought against them in relation to last week’s win over the Broncos, both opting for early guilty pleas in order to avoid a potential suspension.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Panthers v Titans preview
    By Matt Encarnacion, Western Sydney Correspondent
    NRL.com
    2:00pm Wed 16th April, 2014

Panthers v Titans
    Sportingbet Stadium
    Monday, 7.00pm (AEST)

Sometimes, if you're unlucky, you'll blink in this dog-eat-dog competition and you'll miss some history-making stuff. Easter Monday combatants Gold Coast and Penrith were game-changing revelations last week, but for very, very different reasons.

The Titans, as we all know, are still competition leaders. And for the second week in a row, they do so with a negative points differential, meaning they're winning the competition despite their opponents scoring more points than them. Figure that one out.

And hey, if you reckon you're smart enough to figure that out, then you're on a par with the individual who picked the party-strip club to win five of their opening six – including last week's 12-8 thieving win over the neighbours Brisbane at the death.

We all know about their decorated forward pack – Nate Myles, Greg Bird, David Taylor, Ashley Harrison and Luke Bailey all tipped the 100-metre mark last week – but five-eighth Aidan Sezer is going toe to toe with Melbourne game-closer Cooper Cronk in terms of late-game heroics. His stealing of the ball –and a victory – from the clutches of Brisbane's money man Ben Barba was the turning point of the game.

But while Gold Coast are defying the laws of rugby league gravity by recording less points than their opposition, Panthers were re-writing history too – only they were on the other side of it.

They went into the history books as the team South Sydney veteran Nathan Merritt scored his 145th try for the club, breaking Benny Wearing's 81-year record as most tries.

Penrith also reportedly became the first team to not force a missed tackle over the opening hour of a rugby league game. The home side went back to bad habits last week, going side to side in search of an opening, and were turned away time and again.

Let's see who makes history on Monday night.

Watch Out Panthers: Titans fullback David Mead is hotter than a New Year's Eve celebration on Cavill Avenue. The winger-turned-glorious match-winner ran over 269 metres, made two line breaks, and forced John Cartwright to sit a healthy William Zillman onto an extended bench. Not only has he almost single-handedly turned the competition table upside down, but he's sending the Holden NRL Fantasy world haywire too. He's had a few shots in the No. 1 jumper over the last couple of years, but last week's breakout just might've shut the door on his career as a wingman.

Watch Out Titans: Turns out Jamal Idris wasn't bluffing when he told his old club he'd be a happier person at home in Sydney. The former Titan has been one of Penrith's consistent threats in his five games this season. To date, the one-time Origin representative has numbers of eight offloads, 17 tackle breaks, and an average of over 100 metres gained per game. He's being handed plenty of early ball and, as he said this week, is primed for the only game he circled on his NRL calendar.

Plays To Watch: As we noted early, the Panthers were left frustrated by a defence that thwarted their side-to-side attack, so coach Ivan Cleary will have altered their game plan in the opposition red zone during the week. Expect some more direct action – inside passes and drop-offs for their second-rowers and big men.

The Titans, meanwhile, have built their resurgence on their ability to keep the ball alive. With a competition-high 78 offloads – Greg Bird leads the way with 11 – off-the-cuff football is the name of the game under coach John Cartwright. Penrith need to keep on their toes.

Where It Will Be Won: The conditions. Or, more specifically, which side suits best to the conditions. For the first time three weeks, Penrith will supposedly be rain-free for Easter Monday, but any greasy conditions could wreak havoc with either side's ability to play with the ball. The Panthers learned the hard way last week when they didn't adjust to the rain, and how they approach on Monday could decide the game.

The History: Played 9; Panthers 5, Titans 4. Gold Coast were comprehensive 28-10 winners at Penrith in Round 4 last year but the Panthers got one back – in Darwin, of all places – where speedy winger James Roberts burnt plenty of turf on his way to a hat-trick in a 40-18 win. Ironically, Roberts was sacked by the Panthers earlier this year for numerous indiscretions and has now found a home with the Titans.

Match Officials: Referees – Gavin Morris & Gavin Reynolds; Touch judges – Jeff Younis & Luke Potter; Video Referees – Steve Chiddy & Ben Galea.

Televised: Foxsports 1 – Live 7pm (AEST).

The Way We See It: We hate to boast, but we've managed to pick the past two games involving Penrith – a 1-12 win over the Raiders before a 13+ loss to the Rabbitohs. The Panthers haven't won consecutive games this year, but they haven't lost any either. Penrith by four points.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Panthers v Titans preview

The Way We See It: We hate to boast, but we've managed to pick the past two games involving Penrith – a 1-12 win over the Raiders before a 13+ loss to the Rabbitohs. The Panthers haven't won consecutive games this year, but they haven't lost any either. Penrith by four points.
    Thought i'd have a quick look at the record of this goose when the Titans are involved so here is his 1st 6 rounds predictions

R1 Sharks v Titans,,,,Sharks by 4
    R2 Titans v Tigers,,,,,Titans by 10
    R3 Raiders v Titans,,,Raiders by 2
    R4 Titans v Cowboys,,Cowboys by 4
    R5 Storm v Titans,,,,,Storm by 4
    R6 Titans v Donkeys,,Donkeys by 4

I hope doesn't put his money where his mouth is
    #itaintweaktospeak