Default Round 6: WESTS TIGERS vs COWBOYS

WESTS TIGERS vs COWBOYS
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Wests Tigers
    1 Kurtis Rowe
    2 David Nofoaluma
    3 Tim Simona
    4 Chris Lawrence
    5 Pat Richards
    6 Blake Austin
    7 Luke Brooks
    8 Aaron Woods
    9 Robbie Farah (c)
    10 Keith Galloway
    11 Liam Fulton
    12 Bodene Thompson
    13 Adam Blair

Interchange
    14 Martin Taupau
    15 Ava Seumanu***ai
    16 James Gavet
    17 Sitaleki Akauola
    18 Keith Lulia

Coach: Mick Potter

- - - Updated - - -

Cowboys
    1 Michael Morgan
    2 Matthew Wright
    3 Brent Tate
    4 Kane Linnett
    5 Antonio Winterstein
    6 Johnathan Thurston (c)
    7 Robert Lui
    8 Matt Scott (c)
    9 Rory Kostjasyn
    10 James Tamou
    11 Gavin Cooper
    12 Jason Taumalolo
    13 Tariq Sims

Interchange
    14 Ray Thompson
    15 Joel Riethmuller
    16 Ashton Sims
    17 Scott Bolton

Coach: Paul Green
    #itaintweaktospeak

Default Round 6 TIGERS vs COWBOYS

vbookis added

Tigers win 16-4.

Cowboys look to be in all sorts of trouble in 2014.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

maybe Neil Henry wasn't their main problem.

Injuries, poor crowd marrs Tigers win
    By Matt Encarnacion, Western Sydney Correspondent
    NRL.com
    11:00pm Sat 12th April, 2014

A possible dislocated elbow to Wests Tigers skipper Robbie Farah and a poor crowd of 6456 in Campbelltown has soured the club's strong 16-4 win over North Queensland on Saturday night.

Farah was taken to Campbelltown Hospital immediately after the game, having suffered friendly-fire from teammate Adam Blair in a tackle just minutes from full-time.

"Robbie's in a bit of pain. Two minutes to go, he's dislocated his elbow I think. So he's getting some oxygen or whatever they take," said coach Mick Potter.

It is believed the club's medical staff slipped the elbow back into place, but this was not confirmed by the club.

"I don't know, I'm not a doctor," Potter said.

The possible absence of their most significant player would be a huge blow for the improving Tigers, who won their fourth game in five weeks despite key men James Tedesco and Braith Anasta being sidelined on Saturday night.

Farah was in sublime form once again against the Cowboys, directing traffic from dummy-half in attack while tallying 40 tackles in defence.

"He does that every week though, it's good to have that type of player," said teammate David Nofoaluma.

"It's good from him, backing up every week and being consistent, just doing his role, that's what makes him the player he is.

"He's one of our key players and of course he's going to be a major loss. I guess we'll have to work very, very hard because he does a lot of work on the field. He's one of our main players and he's our captain. So it'll be a major loss for us."

The other major talking point from the game was the disappointing crowd of 6456 – their lowest attendance since 2003. Just six days ago, a crowd of more than 16,000 was praised for turning up in their droves to a soggy Leichhardt Oval.

"I thank the 6500 fans for coming out. They are die-hard fans. I scratch my head wondering what more we can do to attract a crowd at Campbelltown Sports Stadium,'' CEO Grant Mayer said.

Mayer then announced that $10 tickets would be made available for the Wests Tigers’ next home match at Campbelltown against Brisbane in Round 11 on Saturday, May 24. The match marks the 15th anniversary of the club’s first premiership match in 2000.

"Come sit anywhere you like," he said.

"It is a last throw of the dice for Campbelltown to come and show they support their club. Then, we will have to reassess whether we continue to run games here at a loss.

"I feel sorry for the 6500 who did attend tonight. They're the ones who support their team through thick and thin.

"It is incredible to think 16,000 sat and stood in the rain to watch the team win against one of the competition heavyweights but, six days later, we have 6000 at one of the greatest venues in rugby league in Campbelltown Sports Stadium."

Potter said he expected a bigger turnout given the team's recent run of good form.

"It is disappointing to have 6000, I think we're not going too bad. We've won four out of six, I'd like to think we'd have some fans here that wanna come and watch a good game. And it was a good game to watch," he said.

Nofoaluma, one of a handful of Campbelltown juniors in the NRL squad, said he was also disappointed not to see more fans turnout to watch the local products.

"It's a bit upsetting for myself. Being my home town here at Campbelltown, to see 6000 is a bit sad because we've got a great fanbase," he said.

"Pretty much half the team are from Campbelltown. It's a bit upsetting to not see the many fans turn up to our home ground, especially after the performance of the boys and how they are going.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully Farahs injury rules him out for at least 2 weeks
    #itaintweaktospeak

Short turnaround hurt Cowboys: Green
    By Matt Encarnacion, Western Sydney Correspondent
    NRL.com
    11:10pm Sat 12th April, 2014

Cowboys coach Paul Green says the short five-day turnaround made it difficult for his side to reproduce last week's winning performance in a loss against the Wests Tigers in Sydney on Saturday night.

The Cowboys looked to have turned a corner after an impressive 28-2 victory against Newcastle in Townsville last Monday but managed just one try in a flat performance against the joint-venture club.

"Monday night game into a Saturday game with a flight, so [it was] very tough to get yourself physically ready," Green said.

"I thought we did a good job but our execution in good ball tonight probably let us down. We worked really hard, particularly in that second half.

"We had the ball two sets out of 10 sets there and most of those sets the Wests Tigers were on our line. We managed to defend them, worked really hard to get an opportunity down the other end of the field, and just couldn't build any pressure out of that."

It was the club's third game 12 days, but co-captain Matt Scott dismissed suggestions that the early season travel was the reason for the club's mixed start to the year.

"It's a tough couple of weeks for us but that's something we should be used to," he said.

"It's not new to us. Travel's a part of our game, based where we are. We've put things in place to recover properly and get ready for these games.

"But I think Greeny's sugar-coating a little bit for the players there, it was a poor performance from our part."

In the end the Tigers scored three tries to one, but Green rued a handful of missed opportunities to make a move on the home side, including a botched try from co-captain Johnathan Thurston midway through the second half that was set up by teammate Brent Tate.

"I don't know whether you'll ever see that again. Two Test players there and that was a bit of us tonight, particularly down that end of the field," Green said.

"It's just errors at vital times in the game. As I said, we worked really hard during that game and then an opportunity, through nothing more than hard work.

"And then when we got that opportunity, we didn't really put any pressure on them. We didn't put a good set together, we didn't take advantage of that opportunity and then just let them off the hook."

- - - Updated - - -

5 day turn around ....... We only had 4, try another excuse Greeny
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Hopefully Farahs injury rules him out for at least 2 weeks
    That'd be a big blow to them. Good for us.

News is Farah out for 6 weeks.