Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

PAX update, over 15,000 on Monday. Looks promising.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    PAX update, over 15,000 on Monday. Looks promising.
    25k is on the cards , I will get a update from the Club on Thursday
    #itaintweaktospeak

For those fans who have flags and banners, make sure we all take them and wave them proudly and wash out those Broncos hanky-wavers...

NRL team round five
    James playing in the premier league division, was really hoping he would be good to go against the donkeys

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    For those fans who have flags and banners, make sure we all take them and wave them proudly and wash out those Broncos hanky-wavers...
    Absolutely. Time to fill the stadium with Titans flags!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

If we can't draw a crowd this week our marketing people should fall on their ipads.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Broncos
    1 Ben Barba
    2 Daniel Vidot
    3 Jack Reed
    4 Justin Hodges (c)
    5 Dale Copley
    6 Josh Hoffman
    7 Ben Hunt
    8 Josh McGuire
    9 Andrew McCullough
    10 Corey Parker (c)
    11 Alex Glenn
    12 Sam Thaiday
    13 Matt Gillett

Interchange
    14 Martin Kennedy
    15 Todd Lowrie
    16 Ben Hannant
    17 Corey Oates
    18 Jarrod Wallace

Coach: Anthony Griffin
    #itaintweaktospeak

The Titans have named a 'Likely' Team to play the Broncos on Friday with doubt over Aiden Sezer and William Zillman.
    1 - David Mead

2 - Kevin Gordon

3 - Maurice Blair

4 – Brad Takairangi

5 – Anthony Don

6 - Aidan Sezer

7 - Albert Kelly

8 - Luke Douglas

9 - Beau Falloon

10 - Nate Myles (capt)

11 - Greg Bird (capt)

12 – David Taylor

13 - Ashley Harrison

INTERCHANGE

14 - Matthew White

15 - Luke Bailey

16 - Mark Minichiello

17 - Paul Carter

cmon Titans....crush some donkey skulls

I just watched the replay of last week's game again and I must say that Blair continuously telling Bird to get deeper was a revelation ... this should be a cracker of a game and please nobody mention milestones until after the event, please.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I just watched the replay of last week's game again and I must say that Blair continuously telling Bird to get deeper was a revelation ... this should be a cracker of a game and please nobody mention milestones until after the event, please.
    Anyone that mentions a milestone gets banned. All agree? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    mate that was the theme of the posting during the game. Blair keeping us deep and moving it wide. sometimes it was only subtle, but it only needed to be. When kevvie lobbed that ball up to him, he took one step and passed to Tighe rather than crab across and crowd him.

like most of my junior coaches would appreciate, he let the ball do the work

Kevin Gordon said in the paper now that he's got a couple he will get more tries so please just Get It to gordon
    Last edited by toddythetitan; 09-04-14 at 05:55 AM.
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan

Blair knows what to do because he learnt his trade at the Storms under Craig Bellamy. It goes to show the huge difference in quality between Bellamy and Cartwright
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Barba ready for fiery Titan welcome
    By Matt Harris, Queensland Correspondent
    NRL.com
    8:15am Wed 09th April, 2014

It's his second Queensland derby in the space of five weeks but Broncos fullback Ben Barba says he has seen enough on television to know that a Titans showdown brings with it plenty of fire and brimstone.

The last time these two teams met the Titans were accused of 'losing the plot' in the first half with a string of penalties for high tackles and late shots that prompted Brisbane coach Anthony Griffin to say "it was like a throw-back to the '70s".

With the Titans flying high on the top of the table and the Broncos surprising many with their strong start to the season, it shapes as one of the most highly anticipated south-east Queensland derbies in a number of years and Barba is expecting an intense contest.

"I didn't hear too much about the games when I was in Sydney, but I always watched the games (between the Broncos and Titans)," Barba said.

"There was one [game] on upstairs before playing on Fox Sports so I got to sit there and watch that one and it was a pretty fiery clash.

"It'll be a great game this Friday and it makes it even better with them coming first and us in third (position) so all the boys are looking forward to it.

"We definitely have to pick ourselves up from last week and be up for this game because it won't be an easy challenge going down there."

The Broncos have been boosted for the Titans clash with star centre Justin Hodges set to start having come off the bench in his return from an achilles injury last Friday night against the Eels.

Hodges spent the first 25 minutes of their 25-18 loss watching from the pine and admits the Broncos took the Eels lightly, a mistake that won't be repeated on the Gold Coast.

"The boys underestimated Parra' to be honest," Hodges said.

"They are a great side and have some quality players, so it just goes to show that we weren't on our game and they really hurt us there [as a result]."

Returning to the field after almost eight months out with injury, the 31-year-old stated that his troubled achilles had passed its first rigorous test with flying colours.

"It pulled up a lot better than I expected. Obviously it was a little bit sore after the game but the next morning it was fine," he said.

"I think this time I'll start (against the Titans) and maybe come off a bit early, but we'll see what happens."

Hodges has enjoyed some reasonable success against the Titans since their inception into the NRL in 2007, scoring four tries, while the Broncos have won seven out of the 11 clashes when the veteran centre has played.

The overall head-to-head battle sees the Broncos well on top of their South East Queensland rivals, winning 11 of the 15 clashes and averaging 24.1 points per game compared to the Titans who average 17.3 points against their bigger brother.

Brisbane have won four out of the seven clashes played at Robina and despite the statistics favouring the away team, Hodges says the Broncos will be ready and raring to go from the opening whistle.

"It's the Queensland derby so it's a massive game for us. We're coming off a loss and they're at the top of the table," he said.

"They are coming off a big win against Melbourne down there which is very hard to do and their confidence is sky-high so we have got to be on our game.

"They'll be pretty hard to beat on their home turf."

[
    #itaintweaktospeak