Default Banned Flanagan to take up Salford role

By Ian Laybourn
    AAP
    9:04pm Wed 09th April, 2014

English Super League club Salford says it expects banned Cronulla coach Shane Flanagan to arrive next week to take up a three-month consultancy role with the club.

The club's chief executive Martin Vickers also said on Wednesday that Salford are hoping to create a partnership with the Sharks.

Flanagan is currently serving a one-year, NRL-imposed ban over governance issues surrounding the club's controversial 2011 supplements program.

Last week he re-signed at Cronulla for three years, keeping him at the Sharks until 2017.

Meanwhile, controversial Salford owner Marwan Koukash has given former England coach Brian Noble 48 hours to accept his offer to become the Red Devils' director of football.

Noble has made way as head coach for Iestyn Harris but has been offered an alternative role and has until Friday to give his answer.

"I want to make it clear that Brian has not been sacked," Koukash told a news conference.

"He's been moved from one part of the organisation to another.

"It's a genuine offer and it's up to Brian whether he wants to accept the job. If he doesn't - and I can't wait forever - there are other candidates I want to speak to. I will bring somebody else in to help us build a club."

Harris has been given a contract to the end of 2016.

"I'm obviously really excited about the opportunity to be here at Salford," Harris said.

"There are some challenges ahead which I'm looking forward to. The players been really responsive to some of my philosophies and visions and they've and trained exceptionally hard."
    #itaintweaktospeak

NRL needs to make sure that people banned by the NRL can't run over to Super League and seek employment...
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    NRL needs to make sure that people banned by the NRL can't run over to Super League and seek employment...

Not at all it is a different comp so NRL can do squat. IMO Flano was petty much a scape goat for all the higher ups at Cronulla. That is just like saying Sandor Earl should be stopped for playing any sport as well. You just can't do that. ASADA covers all of Australia. So they can't be employed in Australia I think that is bad enough.