Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Titans: What type of food would you like to see at Titans games?

Titans: What type of food would you like to see at Titans games?

A night at the footy has been traditionally one that involves a meat pie with sauce and a cold beer (or two for those thirstier than others) - it has been that way since I can remember at my first ever Gold Coast Giants game. There are other options; hotdogs, sausage rolls, mini-pizzas, burgers, hot chips etc. and it all adds to the night out. Hands up who loves walking into a football stadium with the small of a hot meat pie wafting through the corridors - *hand raised*

Carrarra's food options last night were I am told great in comparison to other rugby league venues and it got me thinking, "what should we be looking at come 2007 and more importantly 2008?"

I am one who eats "junk" when I am either hungover and as a last resort, going to a rugby league game will see me with a meat pie or steak sanger thought admittedly as let's face it, there is not many other alternatives for one who prefers something a little less fat in their diet.

Personally I would love to see us strike a deal with Subway or a Well Being (who will have a more of a presence in QLD in 2006 onwards) to offer others alternatives to the traditional "footy food". Rugby league has moved forward in all facets since I started following this great game, the food in most cases has not which today is a little surprising.

This is a small, small thing though something we as a club will consider when it comes to getting food in to the stadium in 2007.

I would love to see a subway outlet or similar at the ground. Realistically it's about as healthy as you could expect people to patronise at a footy ground.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Theres nothing wrong with Quick Beers; Quick Burgers etc at Lang Park . A subway is a dream, a good dream though but the only way I could see it happening is if either a) Subway were a main sponsor of the Titans or b) Subway became a major sponsor of the NRL. But seeing that MSFA (Major Sports Facilites Authority) will run the joint it will go to the best tender I assume.
    Last edited by Queenslander; 26-02-06 at 06:58 PM.

The Lang Park food is disgustingly over priced and average. I refuse to eat there now.

Well there is eagle boys and red rooster at Lang Park. (For the record great to see two Aussie companies embedded at Lang Park).

But the thing running against a franchise outlet at Carrara is facilities.

Robina, well take your pick and we will probably see it happen.

I always wanted a kebab place at the footy...
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD
    Well there is eagle boys and red rooster at Lang Park. (For the record great to see two Aussie companies embedded at Lang Park).

But the thing running against a franchise outlet at Carrara is facilities.

Robina, well take your pick and we will probably see it happen.

I always wanted a kebab place at the footy...
    Both Eagle Boys and Red Rooster are fantastic at Lang Park . There is a slight increase in price for their food at Lang Park, but these days if you expect a three course meal for under $10 at the footy then you are dreaming

Yea you have to expect a little footy tax.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

A good ol' Dagwood dog and a Rum and Cola for me
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

having a subway isn't half bad - a healthier option. i like, i like

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

i tend not to buy food at sporting events anymore, as it's normally rather trashy.

when i go to the cricket i bring an eski. and footy, well it's much shorter so i'll grab a soft drink and that'll be it...

something like subway would have to be well modified though... it'd have to be all premade sandwiches i would think. and they're kinda of expensive as it is, can't imagine event prices.

Problem with taking an esky to the cricket is that most grounds wont let you anymore. I know the Gabba doesnt - we tried this season and we told to leave it with the mountain of eskies at the entrance.

I'd love to see a subway at the home ground of the Titans... much healthier and tastier food IMO.. ... and besides.. Subway sponsor half the teams in the NRL anyway... make sense for them to do that..

As for other food, yeah I reckon Kebabs are ok, maybe salad bars for the healthy people or a place like subway which sells subs, salads, flavas, stuff like that..

Then of course the Pizza outlets and the chicken, and of course good old meatpie and hot dog stands... because then everyone would have something they enjoy..

The choice of food at Homebush bay precinct is pretty good loads of variety and Telstra Stadium isn't too bad either.. EXCEPT FOR PRICE...

Just don't start offering food on platters with pretty designs.. We are not the ARU.. and hope never to be.. :lol!: :lol!:

Titan First Grade Regular Titans#1's Avatar

It's always been my dream to run a kebab stand at a footy ground!

No joke, everytime I go to a game I wish I could have a kebab (whether it's a salad one or a meat filled).

I'd be happy to take on a contract for Robina stadium, I have plenty of experiance!

Titan CEO

How about cheap food! That would be a first for any rugby league ground.

I think stuff like hotdogs, pies, pizza rolls, chips etc is good for the footy.

I think the times have changed from the good old meat pie and sauce people are looking for options and the new trend is towards the healthier side of food so subway would be great