Default Herigtage Round / Old Boys Day

Now that we have had heritage round with some mostly manafactured histroy, it got me thinking about this trend thats becoming more common and thats old boys day.

For those who havent heard about it, the Knights and and the storm (probably others too) dedicate their last home game of season to past players, calling it old boys day.

Past players and greats of the club are invited to attend and form a tunnel for the players usually to enter the field. it is a celebration of the clubs history and i think its a great idea.

this is something we could do. we have a short history as the GC titans, but i could imagine seeing terry cook, danny peacock and other guys who played in a time when they had full time jobs, travelled to away games in caravan parks coming along and speaking from the heart about their time and how good the guys have it today. How quickly a club can go under and how important it is to make the most of it. id be pumped for sure.

would also give them a chance to wave to the crowd so guys like myself who was 8 or 9 and used to go with Dad and his pisshead mates to the footy can thank them for making me love our team and our sport.

i dont want to realy go down the warriors path of having 9 jerseys, but using the red black and white version of the jersey we wore today would be cool too. but id be just as happy with the heritage to reflect the blend of old and new.

at the very least, we should include them in the actual heritage round if we cant move on starting an old boys day. but imagine in 30 years we all there with our grown kids, telling them about this guy Bailey who was tough as balls every week. or you wouldnt believe what this guy albert kelly used to do. he used to just intercept at will....gives me goosebumps

or this coach that just wouldn't get the hint....

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!