Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN FAN View Post
    Any one know what is happening with Ryan James
    He was not mentioned in the latest injury update so I assume he is not injured
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    He's playing for Tweed
    I don't even think he is playing for Tweed? He doesn't appear to be on the team sheet.. Who has he pi$$ed off...

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    I don't even think he is playing for Tweed? He doesn't appear to be on the team sheet.. Who has he pi$$ed off...
    He'll be wearing the no20

I questioned his omission on Monday night & was told he's not match fit , I said u need to play to become match fit
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Twitter
    @storm: we'll be wearing our heritage jersey later in the year for our old boys weekend #purplepride
    Don't you just love "Heritage" Round...
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Then again, how stupid is pairing us with the Storm.

We share no history except playing each other when the Storm are Origin depleted or them thumping us.

There was that time we beat them, the last team to beat them before they got busted in 2010 for the salary cap, April 22nd. Niling them in 2008.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 05-04-14 at 05:59 AM.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

UP THE TITANS!!!!! .... you Melbourne parasites

Storm's Norrie makes game seem simple

Bryan Norrie has a way of making the very difficult seem rather simple. Whether he is laying a tackle, talking about Melbourne Storm’s high-achieving culture or helping a teammate sort out his apprenticeship, there is an air of understatement in his approach.

But as he approaches his 100th game for the Storm, who hosts Gold Coast Titans at AAMI Park on Sunday at 2pm, it is dawning on the 30-year-old he has found his NRL niche in Melbourne.

That seemed a hard task earlier in the prop’s career as he spent his development years at St George, then two-year spells with Penrith and Cronulla before signing with the Storm for the 2010 season.

“It’s great to know your role,” Norrie said. “[At Storm] you are expected to know your role in the team and expected to do it to the best of your ability. You are not expected to do more than you are capable of, just get a little better each week.”

While the television highlights will always show the Billy Slater scoring tries or Cam Smith and Cooper Cronk creating scoring chances, the Storm has had solid service from its forward pack, and Norrie is one of those unsung members.

“It’s not rocket science [why the Storm continues to win matches] - just working hard for yourself and working hard for your teammates,” Norrie said.

Since coming to the club, Norrie has established himself as a vital part of the team’s forward pack and a leader on and off the field. In the process, he has also become a father, with his 15-month-old son Brody now consuming the lives of Norrie and his wife Kim.

Norrie, a product of the Eugowra Golden Eagles in central-western NSW, said he was grateful for all that has come his way since moving to Melbourne, where he played in the 2012 premiership and 2013 World Club Challenge victory over Leeds.

“I’m originally from the bush, then spent a few years in Sydney, so the move to Melbourne was a fair way away from our family,” Norrie said. “But my wife and I love it here, it’s a great city where there is plenty to do and we have a little bloke now and he doesn’t know any different.”

Norrie even scored a try in the 2012 grand final, although it was disallowed due to a penalty.

“I still claim it - for three or four seconds I had that feeling of scoring in a grand final,” he joked.

Along with his on-field achievements, Norrie has completed his electrician’s apprenticeship, something he slowly worked on in Sydney and then in his first couple of seasons in Melbourne. He said finding the time to complete TAFE classes and work hours was challenging for a full-time footballer, but he was proud to have something to come back to when his playing career ends.

“It was quite challenging, to be honest. Football is my priority, but you have to think about life after football, so I just worked through it and got my schooling done, then had a very understanding company who I worked with.

“It took me a bit of time to finish, but finishing my apprenticeship is something I’m proud of.”

Norrie is now using his experiences to guide Storm players in the junior ranks through their apprenticeships as a mentor for the Trade Up with the NRL program.

“I help some players who are trying to complete their apprenticeships; I pass on some advice and just help those who are trying to get a trade behind them while playing footy,” he said.

The Storm has been through a harrowing two weeks after Newcastle’s Alex McKinnon broke two vertebrae in his neck against the club, which led this week to Storm prop Jordan McLean being suspended for seven matches.

While the team has been under the microscope, it has also spent the week working through a disappointing 42-12 loss to Canterbury-Bankstown last round in which the side barely had possession of the ball in the second half.

Cam Smith missed the Bulldogs game with back spasms, but Norrie said the Storm captain was expected to play on Sunday.

Norrie said the players were focused on the match against the Titans, a side that has matched the Storm’s early-season form, with both sides winning three of their first four games.

Titans halfback Albert Kelly has been instrumental in his side’s best attacks, while stars Greg Bird, Dave Taylor and Nate Myles will look to gain plenty of metres on the Storm’s defence.

Norrie’s premiership teammate Ryan Hinchcliffe also brings up a milestone against the Titans with his 150th game.

“We analysed what happened last match, then put it aside, because we know we have a lot of improvement ahead of us,” Norrie said. “Gold Coast always play great footy when they come to Melbourne and they have played great this year. They have quality players across their side - we know it will be a tough game.”

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/s...#ixzz2xzCh5K6m

Sezer out, Blair in

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Sezer out, Blair in
    Oh **** just got real.

Melbourne Storm shift focus to Titans clash

While the Melbourne Storm remain undecided on whether to appeal Jordan McLean's suspension, they are trying to focus on their NRL clash with Gold Coast on Sunday.

The Storm host the Titans, who have proved a handful in their past two meetings - the home side only scraping to a one-point win in their round 26 clash last season at AAMI Park.

Storm chief executive Mark Evans sent a video message on Friday to club members about McLean.

In it he said they were still considering their options over McLean's seven-week ban for his role in the tackle that left Newcastle's Alex McKinnon with a broken neck.

"As a club we will be putting the welfare of the player (McLean) at the centre of this," Evans said.

"We're going to take our time, it's a very, very sensitive issue and we don't want to rush into anything."

Evans said that the club would do its best to look after McLean, although he said any challenges he faced paled in comparison to that of McKinnon.

McLean would likely attend the Titans game and he hoped fans would show their support of him.

"If you do come across this young man I'm sure you will sympathise him, quietly show your support and at the same time put it into the context that we're all aware of that it's tough for him but the central story has got to be that young fella from Newcastle."

Prop Bryan Norrie, who will play his 100th game for the Storm, said while the players still had McKinnon and their teammate in their thoughts, they were trying to concentrate on playing football.

Last round they were thumped 40-12 by the Bulldogs, who ran in seven tries.

"We haven't leaked that amount of points in a long time so that was disappointing," Norrie said.

"We've got a tough game against the Titans, they've started the season really well.

"That's our main concern at the moment and we're trying to make sure we've got our game plan down pat."

Norrie said the heavy loss was a shock to the team, which was previously unbeaten.

"Everybody took the loss pretty hard because we all knew that it wasn't a Melbourne Storm standard.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/melbourn...#ixzz2xzxbLX00

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    He'll be wearing the no20

I questioned his omission on Monday night & was told he's not match fit , I said u need to play to become match fit
    No he won't, he's not playing for anyone this week, will be back for broncos game.. But knowing carty and thinking last year Ryan was one of, if not the best front rower towards the end of the year then Ryan won't be playing for another couple of weeks cause that's what we do at this club... Keep the old slow fellas and hold back the young guns

Sezer to miss Storm clash

Sat 5th April, 05:35PM A A

iSelect Titans five-eighth Aidan Sezer will miss tomorrow's clash with the Storm in Melbourne after the quad muscle injury he carried into Monday night's victory over North Queensland has given him difficulties. He will be replaced by Maurice Blair.

Sezer did not travel to Melbourne with the squad this afternoon. Regular centre Blair, who played for the Storm last season in the last round 23-22 victory over his new teammates, has played the previous two weeks with the Burleigh Bears in the Queensland Intrust Cup.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan1980 View Post
    No he won't, he's not playing for anyone this week, will be back for broncos game.. But knowing carty and thinking last year Ryan was one of, if not the best front rower towards the end of the year then Ryan won't be playing for another couple of weeks cause that's what we do at this club... Keep the old slow fellas and hold back the young guns
    One of the reasons we appealed for a NRL franchise in this year was to give young players ago.

We fail in that mandate.

Typical Cartwright selection. Play a player( Blair) out of position to cover an injury when there a few players (ie HENRY AND HAZARD) that actually play in that halves. At the very worst play Harrison there again.

Staring to S=#t me to tears at the selections that Cartwrong makes. Why does he persist in playing Myles in the front row when he is a SECOND ROWER. ( Did Myles not win the Second rower of the year award a year or two back) and when played in the second row this year had team high tackles and hit ups.

We are playing the Storm in Melbourne after they were very well beaten in their last game and Bellamy called his team a " Sometimes Team". The Storm are going to be very hard to beat down in Melbourne without Cartwright naming a Centre in at 5/8. I DON'T CARE that Blair may have played a game or two at 5/8 in the past. WE SHOULD BE PLAYING A HALF IN THE HALVES NOT A CENTRE !!!!!!!

Blair? ****. The Storm will pick him to pieces.