Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

I watched these blokes play in Melbourne against the Panthers and I can tell you if we tackle like we did last night we are a big chance but they will try to isolate our right side defence and also drive over our left edge ... that's their whole thing. I would suggest that Gordon will be in serious trouble unless Tighe can scramble too.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    If there is no Cam Smith we are a big chance. They really struggle without him. But are still brimming with talent and I think the Bulldogs got the ambush, no ambush on offer for us.
    far from ambush, we will cop the backlash of a proud club that doesnt often turn in poor performances.

I agree DB, there wont be any easy kill for us. They will be at battle stations.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Ryan James' shoulder must still not be 100%. That's the only thing that could be preventing him playing first grade. Watching him in the Intrust Super Cup and his only appearance in first grade, it did look like he was favouring it. Let's hope we're working on some plays to try and unpick this Storm side. We won't be given as many chances as we were against the Cowboys so will need to take them when they present.

Our record off the back of MNF is disgraceful. Historical trend so say we we cannot win.

That said, the Storm have not been any better than we have through the first month. This game will not be easy on the eyes....

Titans five-eighth Aidan Sezer has been cleared of a serious thigh injury

TITANS five-eighth Aidan Sezer has been cleared of a serious thigh injury after struggling through Monday night’s win against the Cowboys.

Sezer had his quad heavily iced after playing a crucial role in the Titans win and is expected to play against the Storm at AAMI Park in Melbourne on Sunday.

The Titans have named an unchanged side for the Melbourne clash and coach John Cartwright said he would reassess the fitness of his players at a recovery session today.

“We just named the side that we had but there’s nothing major there, we’ll have a bit of a recovery day again tomorrow and hopefully they’re all good,” he said.

“Aidan had a good game.”

The head coach said he would continue to monitor the progress of fullback William Zillman who is hopeful of a comeback soon following a hamstring injury.

For the second week Zillman will sit on the sideline and Cartwright said he was planning on giving the 27-year-old plenty of time to recover for the Titans’ Round 6 clash against the Broncos.

Cartwright praised the performance of Sezer in tough conditions at Cbus Super Stadium but played down the side’s scrappiness of play.

“They won’t lose too many times twice in a row this year (the Cowboys), they’re a good side so to get away with a win was very pleasing and we weren’t too worried about how ugly it looked we were just happy to get a win,” he said.

“The conditions meant … whoever kicked the best was going to win and Aidan’s long kicking game was good.

“His and Albert’s short kicking game was fantastic.

“When it rains your kickers certainly come into play.”

Defence will be the key for the Titans moving forward as they seek to improve on their 3-1 record.

The team official said limiting the opposition’s scoring opportunities was a sure-fire way to win games and said the Titans had been particularly successful in defence thus far.

“If we can keep our attitude in defence and keep our line from being crossed, you’re in every game so it’s going to be a tough ask down there this week, they’re coming off a big loss and they don’t lose twice in a row too often either but we’re going down there full of confidence,” he said.

“There’s always room for improvement I think the very best sides in the competition are striving for improvement, we’re no different, we’ve won a couple of games based on the back of our defence.

“That’s going to be the focus for us for the rest of the year but that doesn’t mean we’re spending any less time trying to improve with ball in hand.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Our record off the back of MNF is disgraceful. Historical trend so say we we cannot win.
    But why is that the case? I can't get my head around that stat. What is the difference between playing on a Monday night than say a Saturday night?

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    But why is that the case? I can't get my head around that stat. What is the difference between playing on a Monday night than say a Saturday night?
    This ... can only be the break in routine but they are all adults aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    This ... can only be the break in routine but they are all adults aren't they?
    If that were the case they couldn't back up any week unless they played on the same day every week. HHmmmmm perhaps that is the answer to their performances then..... or not...

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    Let's hope we're working on some plays to try and unpick this Storm side.
    These will be the plays we use to try and unpick this storm side:

Play 1 - Mead hit up, 8 metre gain
    Play 2 - Gordon hit up but jinks as he comes to the defence and is pushed back to where the ball was played.
    Play 3 - Taka hit up, gain 12 metres
    Play 4 - Harrison hit up, slow motion and gains 5 metres
    Play 5 - a couple of passes off the ruck but as the team is standing flat, a 25 metre sideways movement for a 10 metre gain.
    Play 6 - pass back to Sezer who kicks it down Slaters throat who returns the ball at least 30 metres.

I might have plays 1 to 4 around the wrong way but this will be pretty close.

If that were the case they couldn't back up any week unless they played on the same day every week.
    What....like Broncos.

I have no idea mate, but if you had backed the Titans opponents to cover the spread after every Monday Night game you would be a long, long way in front.

Here is the inside 20 blueprint:

1. Bailey hit up.
    2. Myles hit up.
    3. Falloon or Carter dummy half dart.
    4. Slow pass to Sezar who turns Harrison back under.
    5. Two slow passes to a flat footed centre who is tackled for a four metre loss.
    6. Hopeful kick to the in-goal area either low or high or in between.

Is the Centre of Extravagance booked out on a Tuesday so they miss their recovery session?