Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15

which Titans team will turn up? one can only hope.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Apart from Flash always coming in/up to far, there was lot to like after the opening 10 minutes.

I agree with pretty much everything everyone else has already said.

And Mead got to actually wear the #1 on his back.

We took advantage of a vulnerable Storm side and grabbed the win we needed to have. The best part about it is that we showed we still have plenty of room for improvement.

We defeated a Storm that was on high alert, had Cam, Billy and Cronk and was at their Home.

Very satisfying.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    We defeated a Storm that was on high alert, had Cam, Billy and Cronk and was at their Home.

Very satisfying.
    I didn't mean my comment to sound like we were playing a lesser Storm side, I just meant that they were there to be had, and we took them. As you said, very satisfying.

Funny how we are currently on the top of the NRL ladder and the Knights are at the bottom and we have the same premiership odds as them.

I get sick of the commentators not listening to the refs on the field when they make a call. It will be interesting to see if anyone in the media picks it up and puts it out there for all to see.

Yeah, as I suspected. The commentators assume what the call is and everyone runs with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Squinter98 View Post
    Just watched the replay of the game on fox sports and saw clear as day that the winning penalty was for the storm players being offside. The ref who awarded this penalty was signalling offside not a flipping strip! It just annoys me reading all these news reports saying that the storm are furious or they were ripped off. It is ridiculous.
    Mate I am happy to be proven wrong and I have not seen the replay but when I was watching yesterday it looked a pretty clear signal for a strip to me. I would have thought after all the post game carry on I think they would have come out by now and said the penalty was for offside if it was.
    What matters is that the best side won and as someone else said the penalty against Falloon that allowed the Storm to level the scores was a dubious call as well. When Cummins is the ref you never know what is going to happen. The bloke is a dog and how he has got major games is beyond me.

All I'm taking out of the game is that we won. Storm were sloppy and we benefitted from a few uncharacteristic errors from the Storm. Mini's try was only try that I got excited about. If we win 2 out of the next three games then I'll be excited.

We have so much to thank Albert Kelly for. He is our wild card and he is winning us games.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    We have so much to thank Albert Kelly for. He is our wild card and he is winning us games.
    Amen to that Diehard.

if he doesnt chip kick / intercept / score a 50m+ try on friday night, ill walk butt naked to burleigh.

Gold Coast Titans star Greg Bird pokes fun at Melbourne Storm’s Cooper Cronk on Instagram

http://instagram.com/p/mcNKyMiJ8D/

TITANS star Greg Bird has rubbed further salt into Melbourne Storm’s gaping wound after Sunday’s controversial loss by poking fun at Origin rival Cooper Cronk on his Instagram account.

The jibe continued the bad blood between Bird and Cronk, who also clashed heatedly at full time.

Melbourne was furious after the Titans received a last-minute penalty for a stripped ball when replays showed Gold Coast’s Luke Douglas appeared to drop it cold.

Storm coach Craig Bellamy labelled it a “disgraceful decision” and a “real bad call”.

Bird broke the deadlock with a 32m penalty goal to snatch a 28-26 win at AAMI Park.

Then he let Storm know all about.

On Sunday night he posted a celebratory picture on his Instagram account with a cheeky caption at Cronk’s expense.

“Every sinew in my body came together in one perfect whole. Haha these are the scariest and greatest moments in Rugby League! #Nailbiter.”

Cronk famously used the same line when describing his dramatic field goal from 42m out in Game 3 of the 2012 State of Origin series.

Bird was a part of the losing New South Wales side that night.

“Every sinew in my body came together in one perfect whole,” Cronk said.

“But those who have ever experienced that feeling, and it doesn’t happen very often, will tell you it’s in a whole other place of experience from the usual ego or vanity that drives my game.

“So I’m not afraid to own it for what it was.”

Bird’s Instagram photo has received over 1700 likes.

But it has not gone down well with many Melbourne supporters with one Storm fan firing one back to Bird.

“Difference was Cooper earned his you got it hand fed to ya from the refs,” wrote one fan.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226876633497

Birdie creating some nice bad blood for our next Heritage encounter lol!

I love Birdy
    #itaintweaktospeak

Not much in that ... you reap what you sew.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.