Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    yep thanks mate. Last year I knew the direct link to watch on bigpondtv that worked about an hour after the game, but this year is different with the digital pass thing.
    Yea the damn digital pass.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Evening all. Good win today by the boys , BUT please don't get me wrong when I say I don't really know what to make of our early season form. It's been good , but I keep waiting for us to stumble. I heard Steve Mascord talking today saying our early season form has surely taken some pressure of John Cartwright. I said to my wife what has really helped is the presence of Neil Henry. In the world of Searle this must mean Cartwright will be signed for another 5 years , and get another big bonus. I HOPE I'm WRONG.

I thought the penalty was for offside, not a strip. The ref gave it back on the Melbourne 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    I thought the penalty was for offside, not a strip. The ref gave it back on the Melbourne 10.
    from the previous tackle? he blew it up while they were on the ground...could only have been from previous tackle. surely both coaches wouldnt get the penalty reason wrong? im interested though.

To me it appeared the ref was waving back, rather than signaling a strip. Those with sports ears at the game would know better.

Loved the way we played today and the fact that we kept playing despite getting nailed by the refs. Cam Smith has them under a spell. He tried to play the ball without getting to his feet and they gave him the penalty which leveled the scores. He trots away laughing that he's duped them again.

Blair was a breath of fresh air at 5/8. Not sure he's going to hold out Sezer and we might see him replace Tighe next week which will be interesting as he'll get to play on his preferred left side.

Biggest change for us was the back line depth when we were attacking from close range. Much deeper and it made us more potent. Taka was sensational today.

Lets hope we recover well and can keep our heads against a refreshed broncos who get an extra 2 days to prepare for the M1 clash. Looking forward to an improved showin in the derby.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

An intercept try is Rugby League's cocaine. Well done Alby.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Beau Falloon might be in trouble for the lifting tackle though.

Best way to watch the replays download google chrome and the browser add on zenmate (should only take a couple of minutes) will be available 1 hours after the live coverage ends

https://new.livestream.com/nrl

You can watch the games live as well if you don't have fox

Quote Originally Posted by Griff0 View Post
    Best way to watch the replays download google chrome and the browser add on zenmate (should only take a couple of minutes) will be available 1 hours after the live coverage ends

https://new.livestream.com/nrl

You can watch the games live as well if you don't have fox
    Or this YouTube channel which uploads full match replays 4 - 5 days after live air ... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9a...nqUQDWf5P6I5Mg

A great performance the boys really hung in and played with pride and plenty of aggression and courage in the mix
    I agree with others our attack was not pretty but an improvement on previous weeks
    Hope Falloon is cleared his defense was very impressive up the middle given his size both Falloon and Srama are very courageous in that department
    Thought Falloon was very good from dummy half with his swift left to right passing game
    Mead Blair Kelly Birdy Taka Don Myles were very impressive
    In fact the whole team were impressive
    Bellanys fangs would have grown another inch or two after his sides loss

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    Cam Smith has them under a spell. He tried to play the ball without getting to his feet and they gave him the penalty which leveled the scores. He trots away laughing that he's duped them again.
    I noticed that as well. Also about the 'strip' at the 79 minute....If that had happened at the 10th, 20th or even 50th minute there would be no comment. Because it is at the end of the match it is a game changer. They are all game changers, it is just that some are more noticeable than others. (being at the 79th and not the 20th) I thought Carter was hard done by on 1 of his passes but I saw Strom throw a few suspect ones as well. They could have been game changers as well.

P.S. Cartwright is the best coach in the World...

I don't think it was a matter of Blair being a better 5/8 than Sezer, it was more to do with actually having a staggered back line for the first time in years. Sezer can't feed to ball to the backs if they're all standing next to him

Quote Originally Posted by mup23 View Post
    I don't think it was a matter of Blair being a better 5/8 than Sezer, it was more to do with actually having a staggered back line for the first time in years. Sezer can't feed to ball to the backs if they're all standing next to him
    You may well be right. The question is why did we have a staggered backline when Blair plays 5/8. Is it because there was a complete plan change from this game and it coincided with Blair being 5/8 or is it because it suited Blairs style. I guess we will find out when Sezer plays 5/8 next. Hopefully it was a coaching decision starting this game but if we are flat as per previous efforts this year when Sezer next plays then questions will need to be asked.

WHEN Mark Minichiello bulldozed Billy Slater at AAMI Park yesterday it meant more than four points on the scoreboard.

It was a symbol of what this Gold Coast team is all about.

In past years it would have been acceptable for Minichiello to latch on to the David Mead offload and be wrapped up by Test No. 1 Slater, arguably the game’s greatest fullback.

The Storm had every reason to win after the fallout from the Alex McKinnon injury which saw forward Jordan McLean suspended for seven weeks.

But this time it was different.

No one was stopping Minichiello, who beat two Storm defenders then trampled all over Slater before being swamped by the other 12 Titans on the field when he scored next to the posts.

The reaction of his teammates typified what the Titans are building their season on.

Guts, determination, attitude and effort could sum up how this outfit is playing and it was apparent in the thrilling 28-26 victory that it is a genuine premiership threat this season.

“We’re playing for each other,” Minichiello said after the win propelled the Titans to outright first on the NRL ladder.

“That’s what we’ve got to do. Run hard and over the top of blokes.

“Since the Tigers game (42-12 loss) we’ve really done that. We’ve taken it on board and come together as a team.

“As long as we keep our defence solid and keep working on our attack we’ll be a force in the competition.”

This was not just like any other win. The Storm had only lost two of their past 20 games at AAMI Park.

The team featured Test trio Cameron Smith, Billy Slater and Cooper Cronk but the Titans trumped them in most positions across the park.

David Mead played one of his best games in the No. 1 jersey.

His commitment in defence could not be faulted and he registered in all the key attacking statistics categories.

Dave Taylor ran for 203m after being shifted to the centres. Nate Myles and Ashley Harrison again topped the tackle count.

But away from the numbers and highlight reels is an attitude that can’t be measured.

When they falter in execution, they make up for it with effort.

“It was a good effort by our boys to stay in the game,” Titans co-captain Nate Myles said.

“Our boys are still learning those games. We need to learn to stay in the grind and we did that.”

Yesterday was the best the Titans have played with the ball in hand and while it wasn’t clinical it was a step in the right direction.

But as long as they keep producing the attitude they have been, their points on the ladder will keep ticking over. Friday night features another test in what is a relentless competition.

The Broncos at Cbus Super Stadium on a five-day turnaround is never an easy task.
    #itaintweaktospeak