Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Not since 1953 has a team led the competition with a negative differential
    im not far behind you coaster as a staunch critic of the regime. but if today was a glimpse of our potential this year, we wont be negative for long. that said, i wrote the same post, then deleted it as i didnt want to dampen the mood too much

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    im not far behind you coaster as a staunch critic of the regime. but if today was a glimpse of our potential this year, we wont be negative for long. that said, i wrote the same post, then deleted it as i didnt want to dampen the mood too much
    Don't get me wrong they won well today.
    I was just surprised at the stat
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Just watched the game. Livestream was playing up for me LIVE so I have to wait for games to be finished.

It was a great game, entertaining, gritty defence and great plays. Carter, Don, Mead and Gordon impressed. We definitely deserved to win, having missed those conversions. It was a dodgy dodgy penalty that secured the win though.

It felt like September football and was great to see the Storm come back into it and level it up.

Earlier I complained about the lack of Heritage with us and the Storm, especially because we usually meet during Origin (Which needs to change). But today we made some brand new Heritage and it sets us up well for the Broncos games.

Wow Coaster, leading the competition on a negative differential. Never seen anything like that, it isn't good and it's still early days. WTF

We are actually clearly leading the competition by 2 points. Perhaps we are finally seening Henry's influence.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Yea it's GOOD to have something to be excited and happy about. Filling the potential we all know is there.

All the reason we go ape **** when we are a shambles, cause we know what we can be capable of.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

So pleasing to see the forum alive with enthusiasm.

Match Highlights and there was plenty!

<script height="349px" width="620px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605&ec =NocjRybDoZFex6KCa3LA8aPEwcx1oZFt"></script>

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    Pay up, vBookie!
    Done.

Just got home to this awesome news. No to find a replay.

what was with the storm guy pretending to be out cold then jumped up like a spring chicken with a grin on his head the second the penalty was blown ... commentators sort of picked up on it, but just glossed away after an offhand comment about soccer ... no replay to see what actually happened, should there even have been a penalty? ... I got the feeling, the refs drove that game towards the end, some sus calls to get storm level, then a sus one to hand the game to us ... was very odd
    Get up and play the ball ya sook

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    Just got home to this awesome news. No to find a replay.
    830 on fox if u have it

Much the same with me. I heard Carty's press conference and he mentioned Sezer coming back etc. Goal kicking notwithstanding I would really like to see todays side go around again and just see how they go. As others said throughout the game we looked much sharper with the halves we had today. Either way it seems like we might have a back up at 5/8 finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Much the same with me. I heard Carty's press conference and he mentioned Sezer coming back etc. Goal kicking notwithstanding I would really like to see todays side go around again and just see how they go. As others said throughout the game we looked much sharper with the halves we had today. Either way it seems like we might have a back up at 5/8 finally.
    yeah agreed mate, i reckon blair deserves a second crack after today. unfortunately i just cant see it. Sezer is as entrenched as Harro. Id be happy if they at least reviewed todays game and looked at why it went well. and if its simply a matter if sezer paying straighter and giving earlier ball then give him a chance to do it. and if Blair plays 1 game this year at 5/8th but we learnt from it....i can live with that. but Sezer has something to live to now as far as i am concerned

Storm fume over fatal late penalty
    By William Boutolas, Melbourne Correspondent
    NRL.com
    5:45pm Sun 06th April, 2014

Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy was left to ponder a controversial penalty decision in the dying moments of his side’s 28-26 loss to the Gold Coast at AAMI Park on Sunday.

Greg Bird converted a 32-metre penalty kick with 32 seconds to play after Ryan Hinchcliffe, in his 150th NRL game, was called for a stripped ball by referee Ben Cummins.

The call sent the parochial Storm crowd into a chorus of boos as their side suffered its second straight defeat.

"I’ve watched it a couple of times but to me it was a disgraceful decision," Bellamy said.

"If I’m wrong I’ll apologise but to me it was a real bad call. I think most people here would be pretty disappointed with that penalty."

Despite his disappointment at the decision, Bellamy conceded the Storm were not up to scratch for the second consecutive week.

"We are not where we want to be with our footy at the moment, again we were really inconsistent," Bellamy said.

"It’s just about doing our jobs thoroughly. I think we’ve taken a few shortcuts at times and looking for the easy option. There hasn’t been a whole heap of improvement the last couple of weeks."

In a team renowned for its staunch defence, Melbourne has conceded 88 points in the last three weeks and now rank fourth highest for points against this season. It is a concern that is playing on the mind of captain Cameron Smith.

"It’s a pretty easy way to look at it, you can’t win matches when your conceding 30 points a game," Smith said.

"We pride ourselves on our defence and its like it’s there when we want it to be and then if we don’t want it to be they score points, it’s quite frustrating really.

"Defence is an attitude, it you want to stop teams you’ll stop them but if you don’t want to do they hard work you won’t and they’ll score points."

Melbourne will have plenty of time to lick its wounds before hosting sixth-placed St George Illawarra next Monday night.
    #itaintweaktospeak

830 on fox if u have it
    yep thanks mate. Last year I knew the direct link to watch on bigpondtv that worked about an hour after the game, but this year is different with the digital pass thing.

I actually enjoyed the commentary for today's game.