Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    lol thats a bit harsh, he's a real go'er on the field and a player that responds to directions well.

I'll bring back Michaels for ya
    I am really warming to Tighe, in fact, but your comments made me chuckle because that could also be said about li'l Stevie too
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Did you guys see Michaels blunder for Burleigh in the weekend?

He dropped a catch from a kick, clearly forward (but was ruled backwards idfk) and then he went on to turn around, run at he defence and drop the ball forward again for no reason whatsoever. Other team picked it up and scored and everyone was laughing. Poor lil Michaels.

I'm a big fan of Tighe. Plays tough and his speed is very valuable.

Tighe just probably needed abit of time to find his feat. Get to know how Alby and Sezer play in game situations.

Junior

Tighe has put in a **** load more effort in his games thus far than big Idris over his time here. He did a good job on tate last night and his dummy half runs are great, he gets it and bolts at any small hole he can see.. Gordon needs to try it!

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I am really warming to Tighe, in fact, but your comments made me chuckle because that could also be said about li'l Stevie too
    responds well to directions could never be said about stevie lol.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    responds well to directions could never be said about stevie lol.
    Oh? I thought he was following the game plan to a "T"

Tighe backs Roberts Titans move

GOLD COAST, April 3 AAP - NRL clubs are finding it tough to resist the lure of troubled yet talented youngster James Roberts.

On Monday, Gold Coast confirmed they'd signed the 21-year-old on a two-year deal.

Roberts was dumped by Penrith in March after reportedly smashing a taxi window while on his final chance with the club.

That axing came less than two years after South Sydney had decided Roberts was more trouble off the field than he's worth on it.

Despite his troublesome past, the Titans have a fine record of getting wayward stars back on track.

Greg Bird has gone from outcast to a co-captain of the club and back playing representative football since joining the Titans.

Halfback Albert Kelly has also found a home after several seasons drifting through clubs as off-field problems plagued him.

Titans' centre Brad Tighe played alongside Roberts last year at Penrith.

The ex-Panther believes the Gold Coast, and being near family in the northern NSW town of Ballina, is an ideal place for Roberts to rebuild his life.

"The kid's got all the ability in the world," Tighe told AAP.

"He just needs a hand with a few things. He knows that.

"He's got a big future in front of him and I'm glad that he's up here."

An ankle injury will keep Roberts sidelined for at least the next six weeks, a period which could be a bonus as the new arrival looks to settle in.

"A fresh start," Tighe said.

"That's just what he needs."
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

In-demand Kevin Proctor unsure about future

A year ago Kevin Proctor was poised to be named in the Kiwis as a replacement for Sonny Bill Williams, and regardless of whether he earns another Anzac test call up on Sunday, it seems inevitable the second rower will play against his Kangaroos' clubmates in the future.

The 25-year-old from Te Kuiti is off contract at the Melbourne Storm at the end of 2014 and salary cap pressure means it's unlikely the club will be able to retain the in-form second rower.

Proctor, who played first for the Kiwis in the 2012 end of year trans-Tasman test in Townsville, made his NRL debut for the Storm six years ago and although the mop-haired edge runner was keen to stay in Melbourne, rival clubs are in the position to table more lucrative offers.

"In a perfect world everyone would love to stay at the one club for their whole career but it doesn't always work out like that," he said, noting Manly stalwart Glenn Stewart's announcement this week that he is joining South Sydney in 2015.

The Gold Coast Titans have already expressed an interest in bringing Proctor back "home" - he finished his schooling at Palm Beach Currumbin High School - but the Titans also have financial constraints.

"I'm not too sure how it's going to pan out. I've just left it to my manager (Chris Orr) pretty much. I've just been trying to let my footy do the talking," said Proctor, who plays his 112th first grade game in today's traditional Anzac Day clash with the New Zealand Warriors at AAMI Park.

The Storm would prefer to retain Proctor but having recently outlaid an estimated A$4 million to keep inspirational captain and hooker Cameron Smith in Melbourne until the end of his career it is inevitable that personnel will transfer elsewhere.

Proctor has developed an effective partnership with Australian internationals Cooper Cronk and Billy Slater since establishing himself in the first choice Storm pack, and admitted it was not always easy to assimilate into a new environment.

Adam Blair's high-profile move to the Wests Tigers at the end of 2011 highlighted the challenges encountered when leaving the Storm structure - it's taken until this season for the former Kiwis forward to make a mark in Sydney, and silence his detractors.

Although he plays the same position as Blair, Proctor preferred to accentuate the positive by focusing on five-eighth Gareth Widdop's successful transition at St George Illawarra.

"Gareth seems to have fitted in pretty good. He's going great guns, he's got the shackles off his feet," Proctor told Fairfax Media.

Widdop operated on the left side of the Storm's formation so the Englishman's departure has not impacted on Proctor's game, though this season has clearly presented challenges to the perennial title contenders.

In stark contrast to previous seasons, Melbourne currently have the second worst defensive record in the competition - only the Warriors have conceded more points - after seven rounds.

They leak 25 points per game on average and have so far surrendered 30 tries, a staggering statistic considering the Storm had been ranked in the top two teams for fewest points conceded every season since 2004.

Canberra prop Paul Vaughan's late match-winner last weekend underscored the Storm's defensive deficiencies when the reserve prop eluded six defenders - not including Proctor - on a weaving charge that set-up a 24-22 victory.

"It's disappointing to hear that stat, though it's nothing major, we'll get it back to normal," he pledged.

Meanwhile, Proctor was unsure whether he was in contention to replace Williams in next Friday's Anzac test in Sydney after the Kiwis selectors confirmed the Sydney Roosters' star would not be picked ahead of his return to rugby.

"If I get a call up that'll be good. I think my consistency has been good but I'm focusing on the Storm."

Source: http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Financial constraints ... it can't be the cap so it must be our cashflow.

It'll be us offering him what he's worth and his manager tellng him he worth more.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Financial constraints ... it can't be the cap so it must be our cashflow.
    Yeah I thought the same. Don't know if I'm just a lover of conspiracy theories but if we are having cash flow problems again, Jurno down South saying Annersley should comeback to the NRL and that there is the
    Possibility that our new board may not meet NRL standards soon just makes me wonder if there is
    More dribs and drabs to come. ???

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    Yeah I thought the same. Don't know if I'm just a lover of conspiracy theories but if we are having cash flow problems again, Jurno down South saying Annersley should comeback to the NRL and that there is the
    Possibility that our new board may not meet NRL standards soon just makes me wonder if there is
    More dribs and drabs to come. ???
    Well.. If history is anything to go by.

Background: when the Port Moresby Vipers were conceived in 1989 in preparation for the inaugural SP Inter-City Cup, it was because the only dangerous local identity was the Papuan Black snake, except for the raskol gangs. It was impossible to call the flagship team in country the Raskols or the Papuan Blacks so the Vipers were it, although the Papuan Black is an adder and not a viper (poetic license).

Proposal: now I think we should inherit the name and become the Gold Coast Vipers because our club is perfectly suited as being "a nest of vipers".
    Last edited by Titanic; 26-04-14 at 12:57 PM.

Banned

Background: when the Port Moresby Vipers were conceived in 1989 in preparation for the inaugural SP Inter-City Cup, it was because the only dangerous local identity was the Papuan Black snake, except for the raskol gangs. It was impossible to call the flagship team in country the Raskols or the Papuan Blacks so the Vipers were it, although the Papuan Black is an adder and not a viper (poetic license).

Proposal: now I think we should inherit the name and become the Gold Coast Vipers because our club is perfectly suited as being "a nest of vipers".

Just a little off topic mate

That is shear gold. Love your work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by justin19 View Post
    Just a little off topic mate
    Not really Justin. Head Viper is SSSSSSSSearle. SSSSSSnake Oil Salesmen.