Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

thoughts on tonight:

*jerseys look awesome. took till round 4 to wear our main strip but it looks great. world class.

*We have our guts and 'will to fight for each other' back. we scramble and are committed. if we could find some level of attack we would a good side. but to go with our dummy half dive and albert kelly intercept, we have a third set move - the kick and hope they fumble dive on it try. those three types of tries account for more than 80% of our tries this season.

*Tighe is good for our team. he chases hard and keeps people accountable and turning up. Take was good again tongiht. more reliable than last week and i thought he was quite good then.

*Don was safe as houses under the bomb....the Samurai should begin to worry anytime now.

*Mead was ok at back. few good touches, safeish except for that terrible kickoff.

***Disclaimer: this was all based on at the ground observation. this can be misleading some times.

*Forwards were good except for the usual suspects Harro and Mini. athough for a wet night Minis hands were decent enough.

*Carter is a super talent and very tough, very committed. But he needs to stop reading papers.He already thinks hes greg birds co captain and needs to dial it back a touch. Ryan james went through the stage too but hes come out the other side recently as a bit more Mature. Cater needs to get there too, but i know he is a kid and its good that hes confident to a degree.

* our backline shape is such a mess. a few times the cows let us out of trouble, we had 6 tackles at the 30 and we just stood in a flat line almost. and the people on the opposite side of the ruck need to reset there lines and position too, to at least give the hint we may go back that way.

All in all though, a gritty win, putting us into 4th after 4 rounds and time to work through our attack issues while not being in the spotlight like souths or cronulla are is a good thing, that most wouldnt have thought of a month ago. storm and broncs are the real deal though and we could well be 3-3 and in a **** fight in a fortnight.

also, Sezers kicking was pretty good now that im at home watching it, and Kelly lost THREE footraces to the ball. the one with 3 or 4 minutes to go, i wish he just dived on to get some possesion, but i guess we love Alby cos he takes those risks.

Karnage ... I feel for you and Pete who face up to it every week ... I had the game on in the background while struggled with some paperwork which was infinitely more inspiring than our team's performance. My secretary asked me what it was and I told her it was for people who couldn't sleep.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Stuff the footy I am not convinced it was Brown Snake. I have not seen a clear image of it but the one I did see showed it had 'bulgy' eyes. If this is the case then it was simply a brown tree snake. Unusual to see it on the ground but none the less.

P.S. Still venomous, but rear fanged and unlikely to do too much damage. But media has it as a brown snake so what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    be honest it was u that stood up and yelled out #sackcarty ha!
    Haha!! Wasn't me. I don't really say that much at the footy. I just like to watch the game and talk to my mates that I go with every week.

the two lowlights for me.

Tariq Sims is a grub. how many guys got up wanting to deck him? i lost count.

and the membership guys printed some ones cards wrong so they had my numbers on them. as i was late, i was trying to convince someone who was technically in their ticketed seat...that it wasnt really their ticketed seat. Went down well. pay decent amount for the good seats, was a bit embarrassing to be shunted elsewhere. but im sure ill get it sorted when i call tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Stuff the footy I am not convinced it was Brown Snake. I have not seen a clear image of it but the one I did see showed it had 'bulgy' eyes. If this is the case then it was simply a brown tree snake. Unusual to see it on the ground but none the less.

P.S. Still venomous, but rear fanged and unlikely to do too much damage. But media has it as a brown snake so what do I know.
    Thanks for that Steve Irwin! Haha!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Forget the performances, I had a great night.... Spent more time drinking and yelling rather than stressing over continual shhitty performances from Harrison, Mini and Co... (its great, drinking and yelling takes your mind off **** performances)

A win is a win, and we deserved it tonight after our 2nd half effort....
    Saw about 40 seconds of Dave Taylor brilliance tonight... Talk about value for money... Wooo!

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

This bloke has the world's most annoying voice.

<script height="314px" width="558px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605&ec =czMjJpbDpliuzRlLVrQ8VbhyfbuC8IxU"></script>

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

For those that can't get enough of this person.

<script height="314px" width="558px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605&ec =5rZDJpbDqwL0YckVUWCueKqzrhk_8s2H"></script>

We finally have the wood over a club, winning 4/5 out of our last games against the Cowboys.

This should be built on, make a Derby matter.

It was a snake and it was brown but then what do I know too
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Brave Sezer defies doctors orders

Gold Coast five-eighth Aidan Sezer has revealed how he went against doctors orders to step up when his side needed him most, taking responsibility for the second conversion attempt and then slotting a field goal with 11 minutes to play on Monday night.

With a try to the Cowboys after the full-time siren Sezer's one-pointer proved the difference and helped vault the Titans to fourth on the NRL competition table, a position that would have been doubtful had Sezer not taken his place in the side.

Struggling to be passed fit after suffering a quadriceps strain in his left leg against the Tigers in Round 2, Sezer told NRL.com that he doubted he would play as late as Friday and that goalkicking was a major concern of the Gold Coast medical staff.

"I haven't done any goalkicking practice since the Tigers game, I haven't even kicked a goal since the Tigers game so that was the first one," Sezer said of his conversion of Brad Tighe's try that stretched the home side's lead to six points.

"Friday I was doubting myself a bit, I'll be honest, and probably didn't feel 100 per cent but it's the NRL and no one plays 100 per cent. I knew if I could get there or thereabouts I'd take my place in the team.

"The docs and the physio staff have been monitoring me really hard so they told me not to kick goals tonight because it was going to stir it up again. I knew with the situation of the game we needed the two points and I guess they'll be happy with me getting the two points.

"'Birdy' (Titans co-captain Greg Bird) took the first kick and he was going to take the one that we needed to convert but I knew that's my job in the team.

"I'm the goalkicker of this team and I think that responsibility falls on my shoulders. I stepped up and I got the kick and obviously it come in handy with them scoring the last try."

While halfback Albert Kelly provided the star power that got the Titans home in Round 3, it was Sezer's cool head and kicking game that punished a wasteful Cowboys outfit and improved their record to 3-1 after the opening month.

While coach John Cartwright was delighted with his on-field performance, it was his efforts to play at all that sent the greatest message to his teammates.

"It was just good the way he got back on the paddock. He probably could have had another week – they thought it was probably a bit longer injury – but he worked very hard and he wasn't going to have not playing tonight.

"That's always a good message for the team."

The Titans next assignment is a Storm side smarting from a 40-12 defeat at the hands of the Bulldogs but Sezer is confident that the spirit within the team will only be strengthened by gritty wins such as Monday night.

"To get the two points tonight is a confidence boost and I'm sure the boys will get a bit of morale out of this, it's good to close out games the way we did against such quality opposition," Sezer said.

"We know we have the team to match it with anyone and the boys in the middle there, they're second to none with their fitness and stamina. As long as we stay in the game it's up to me and my hooker and my halfback to get the boys there and we did that [against the Cowboys] and without playing our best footy we got the two points."

http://www.nrl.com/

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_89 View Post
    Forget the performances, I had a great night.... Spent more time drinking and yelling rather than stressing over continual shhitty performances from Harrison, Mini and Co... (its great, drinking and yelling takes your mind off **** performances)

A win is a win, and we deserved it tonight after our 2nd half effort....
    Saw about 40 seconds of Dave Taylor brilliance tonight... Talk about value for money... Wooo!
    Couldn't agree more. I haven't watched the replay yet, but last night was the best time I have had at the footy in a while!

The crowd was in voice, the game was exciting to watch (not good footy, but exciting) and the feeling after the field goal was that we had it wrapped up. Strangely, even going into the break 6 down it felt like we had the game in the bag.

It was a great night to be at the footy. As far as I was concerned (and my family and all the members around me), it was exactly the sort of vibe/game the crowd needed to remind us why we go to the games.

Going to the footy isn't about the quality of the football, it's about the feeling within the stadium. Last night felt great. It was fun, it was exciting, it was money well spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Snake just got a 5 year contract
    Haha, nice one.

Whats the go with no 1 for Mead? I'm surprised Cartright didn't organise a #rise Zillman huddle. :boo: