Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I'll be there. No rain where I live (Runaway Bay) all day and its looked ok down Robina. Any rain around is only brief so hopefully that will continue. Bought a ticket for a mate on Wednesday and the pax was only 11k so not hopeful of any great crowd.
    Can I ask what pax means? I've seen it before and always wondered what it meant.

As for the rain, it isn't so much the amount of rain but more so when it hits. It is supposed to hit a little after 4pm (clouds do look dark out Robina way right now) and that is exactly around the time people will be knocking off from work and kids getting home from school. Rain tends to turn people off so if it is raining around 4:50-5:00pm then I doubt a lot of people will bother to attend a Monday night game. It is supposed to ease around 5pm but then apparently it'll hit again around 6pm so that won't help either.

Quote Originally Posted by CoastSportsFan View Post
    Can I ask what pax means? I've seen it before and always wondered what it meant.

As for the rain, it isn't so much the amount of rain but more so when it hits. It is supposed to hit a little after 4pm (clouds do look dark out Robina way right now) and that is exactly around the time people will be knocking off from work and kids getting home from school. Rain tends to turn people off so if it is raining around 4:50-5:00pm then I doubt a lot of people will bother to attend a Monday night game. It is supposed to ease around 5pm but then apparently it'll hit again around 6pm so that won't help either.
    Yeah no worries mate. PAX is the number of tickets sold e.g the pax number on the tickets I bought were 11,081 and 11,082 which means that many tickets had been sold/allocated to that point. I assume it includes the 8,000 or so members but at some grounds it doesn't. Generally if you have bought a ticket people will go unless the weather is diabolical but weather on the day definitely effects the number of walk up sales.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Yeah no worries mate. PAX is the number of tickets sold e.g the pax number on the tickets I bought were 11,081 and 11,082 which means that many tickets had been sold/allocated to that point. I assume it includes the 8,000 or so members but at some grounds it doesn't. Generally if you have bought a ticket people will go unless the weather is diabolical but weather on the day definitely effects the number of walk up sales.
    Oh I see. Would it be hard to work out how many tickets have been sold between when you purchased your tickets and right now? Would a few hundred be about right?

You're definitely right about it affecting walk up sales and that's what I was alluding to with people finishing work/school and seeing rain. I mean there is obvisouly no guarantee that members are going to show up either (especially with the way the team performed at the last home game) but you would think a minimum of 80% would show up to every home game. I'm just trying to get a rough gauge here of what sort of crowd to expect. 11.5k is the number going through my head...

Just for those with trivia on their minds ... "pax" in this context was originally airline three-letter code for "passengers" and used in computer reservation systems but has since morphed into "people".
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Banned

Decided to drive through Robina and assess the situation and I noticed a few things. No rain yet but there was a very dark cloud almost directly on top of the stadium so that's anyone's guess as to whether it'll start raining soon. There was also a lot of dark cloud out towards the hinterland so I would guess they could travel over to the stadium later on as well.

Saw about 50 people heading towards the stadium but not one of them was wearing a Titans jersey. I saw one Maroons jersey and everyone else was dressed in regular clothes. Also, people are parking on the grassy area opposite the library and walking from there. I wasn't aware that people did that but that's probably normal.

Banned

Looks like we might have dodged a bullet here guys. Still yet to rain and kick off is 30 mins away. Hopefully it doesn't dump down in the next half an hour.

Clear skies above me and dry as a bone inside my lounge room.

Titans 16 plus
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

OK getting ready to watch here.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by CoastSportsFan View Post
    Looks like we might have dodged a bullet here guys. Still yet to rain and kick off is 30 mins away. Hopefully it doesn't dump down in the next half an hour.
    That helps the match conditions and comfort of the loyal fans. But still not sooner enough to encourage/not discourage people to go.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

We do cop some dick off the refs, don't we? Knocked back my ****!

This refs a bit of a snake

Great defence !

Damn it, I cant watch it yet. Feel free to give some updates.

Snake just got a 5 year contract
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Thurston Scored early in the match

The Titans have had lots of chances.

It has a fairly even feel out there

But the Cows lead 6-0