Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stadium deal

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post

Metricon Stadium has been jointly funded by the Queensland Government ($71.9m), Commonwealth Government ($36m), Gold Coast City Council ($23m) and the AFL ($13.3m)
    The funding provided by all three levels of government will also kick start a $200 million investment by the AFL over the next seven years in the development of the code in Queensland. The AFL is making a long term commitment to AFL on the Gold Coast.
    Metricon Stadium is a Stadium’s Queensland venue operated by the Gold Coast SUNS and was designed by Populous and built by Watpac.
    http://www.metriconstadium.com.au/th...m-information/
    I think this answers the original Topic post...

Well done Suns and well done AFL.... If the GC NRL bid was less of a boys club, we'd be in a similar and therefore stronger position... But we're not are we...

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Banned

Just had a little read on LU of what they thought about the Titans and the poor crowd against the Tigers. It appears quite a few of them seem to think that Robina is in a terrible location? Even going as far as to say Carrara is a better location...

I just don't see how that's possible when Robina Stadium is located virtually right next to a train station and a major shopping centre. There is next to nothing in Carrara and is at least 2kms from Nerang train station...

Quote Originally Posted by CoastSportsFan View Post
    Just had a little read on LU of what they thought about the Titans and the poor crowd against the Tigers. It appears quite a few of them seem to think that Robina is in a terrible location? Even going as far as to say Carrara is a better location...

I just don't see how that's possible when Robina Stadium is located virtually right next to a train station and a major shopping centre. There is next to nothing in Carrara and is at least 2kms from Nerang train station...
    Quite simply, you can drive and park at Carrarra.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Quite simply, you can drive and park at Carrarra.
    Where? I have found there is only limited parking (500 spots max) at Golf clubs around the stadium.

You used to be able to drive to Carrara... Back in 2007, but since the rebuild, it's public transport and park 'n ride facilities all the way...

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

I haven't counted the number of car parks, but I am pretty sure there is the golf club, there is parking at the soccer grounds and other venues along the road and also at a few other places, like the Dream Centre etc.