Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Round 3: RAIDERS vs TITANS

VS

Sunday 23 March 2014 6:30pm - Canberra Stadium

Tickets: CLICK HERE
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 16-03-14 at 01:22 AM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Canberra Raiders prop David Shillington on road to recovery for Gold Coast clash

CANBERRA prop David Shillington will return from injury ahead of the club’s first home game against the Gold Coast Titans next Sunday.

Shillington has been sidelined with a rib cartilage injury he suffered in the Raiders’ final trial match against the Knights.

The injury caused Shillington to miss last week’s round-one loss against the Cowboys and he’ll again be missed in today’s clash with the Knights.

“It wasn’t the start to the season I was hoping for after one of my best pre-seasons ever but I’m ready to return now and can’t wait,” Shillington said.

“Sticky (coach Ricky Stuart) has made it clear that reputations stand for nothing and that everyone will be judged on performance.

“That’s how it should be so when I get my chance I have to make the most of it and make sure I’m performing to my best on a weekly basis.”

Shillington said that although the Raiders didn’t get the two competition points against the Cowboys there were positives to take away from the match.

“I thought the boys were really good in the opening 25 minutes, especially in defence,” Shillington said.

“The key for us is focusing for the full 80 minutes. If we do that then we’re capable of matching any team in the competition.”

Stuart has named an unchanged squad for the clash with the Knights, while Newcastle will be missing their fullback Darius Boyd due to a hamstring injury.

Both sides will be desperate to record their first victory of the season after opening round defeats.

Knights winger Akuila Uate now requires just seven tries to become the club’s all time leading tryscorer.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Tickets for those going. I've been to quite a few Titans away trips to Canberra. Wish I could make it. CLICK HERE

The only plus side I can see right now about this match is Ryan James played excellent in his return match today for Tweed which is where Myles & Harrison should be playing next week
    #itaintweaktospeak

I just tune in and the game is over. Raiders win 26-20 over Knights. Im surprised!

Anyone watch the game? Give us the good word?

2nd nail in the Coffin coming up this weekend.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I just tune in and the game is over. Raiders win 26-20 over Knights. Im surprised!

Milford is a star is the good word. He was freaky tonight

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post

Canberra played well and came from behind a couple of times. They have a good overall side and as DB said Milford was a class above.
    All I know is that of three of the teams I had as wooden spoon chances, those being Dragons, Raiders, and Tigers, they all showed a lot more potential than a rabble that I watched today.

Canberra Raiders pip Newcastle Knights 26-20 in NRL round two but lose Josh Papalii

WE saw why Ricky Stuart fought tooth and nail to keep Anthony Milford in the nation’s capital on Sunday.

The flashy feet and blinding acceleration of the little Canberra Raiders fullback was the difference against the Knights at Hunter Stadium.

With the scores all locked up at 10-all at halftime, Milford engineered two long-distance Canberra tries to get his side home 26-20.

He ripped the Knights defence open in the 52nd minute to set up centre Jarrod Croker for his second try before again finding space to start a 50 metre movement that ended with forward Paul Vaughan crossing.

Newcastle was hit hard in the penalties but had their chances to win the game.

They looked like they may have stolen the win when halfback Tyrone Roberts brilliantly crossed in the corner with 15 minutes remaining for a 20-16 lead.

But the momentum was all with the Raiders in the final 12 minutes with winger Edrick Lee wrapping it up with a try right on fulltime.

The win came at a cost with backrower Josh Papalii limping off with a right ankle injury early in the second half.

The Raiders had the early momentum and posted first points following a pin-point kick from Jack Wighton after just seven minutes.

The Raiders five-eighth found the in-goal with a grubber and a flying Jarrod Croker won the race to touch down.

Due to a leg cork he took into the game, Croker handed the goal-kicking duties to Anthony Milford and the Raiders fullback landed the conversion for a 6-0 lead.

Knights debutant Matt Minto, recruited as a back-up halfback or five-eighth by the club, started the game at fullback for the injured Darius Boyd and it was his play-making skills that contributed to the home-side’s opening points.

The former Mackay Cutters player produced a superb cut-out pass for winger Akuila Uate, who burst 30 metres to score, easily bumping Milford’s last ditch effort to prevent the try.

Midway through the half, it appeared as though the Raiders had extended their 6-4 advantage when Croker leapt high to bring down a Wighton bomb in the Knights in-goal.

But after checking upstairs, the try was disallowed with Croker losing control as he was grounding the ball.

It was a pivotal moment because a minute later, the Knights were over at the other end of the field.

This time, the try was legitimate with backrower Beau Scott running a great line off Michael Dobson and charging almost 40 metres to cross.

The Knights led 10-6 with Kurt Gidley’s conversion but their advantage was short-lived.

Three minutes later, replacement hooker Josh McCrone put the Raiders on level terms when he scooted out of dummy-half, beating Gidley to score a soft try out wide.

Milford’s conversion sailed wide and it was 10-all.

Raiders backrower Joel Edwards was placed on report for a lifting tackle on Chris Houston three minutes from halftime with the sides going to the break with the scores all locked up.

But the second half was all Milford’s, with the star fullback notching two try assists and three linebreaks in a sublime display.

CANBERRA 26 (J Croker 2 E Lee J McCrone P Vaughan tries A Milford 2 R Robinson goals) bt NEWCASTLE 20 (J McManus T Roberts B Scott A Uate tries K Gidley 2 goals) at Hunter Stadium. Referee: Adam Devcich, Henry Perenara. Crowd: 14,674.

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au

Knights v Raiders highlights

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Canberra played well and came from behind a couple of times. They have a good overall side and as DB said Milford was a class above.
    All I know is that of three of the teams I had as wooden spoon chances, those being Dragons, Raiders, and Tigers, they all showed a lot more potential than a rabble that I watched today.
    So true. They all look like organised football teams. For some ungodly reason I tried to watch the replay, but didn't make it to half time.

it struck me again how flat and unready we are to create anything. Just a flat line from half to winger like an under 10s team.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    So true. They all look like organised football teams. For some ungodly reason I tried to watch the replay, but didn't make it to half time.

it struck me again how flat and unready we are to create anything. Just a flat line from half to winger like an under 10s team.
    Ashley Harrison was on the news Friday saying the coaching staff had identified that they were too deep against the Sharks. And would be flatter in attack this week.

That was coached into them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Ashley Harrison was on the news Friday saying the coaching staff had identified that they were too deep against the Sharks. And would be flatter in attack this week.

That was coached into them.
    Now they start listening... Fark.

henry better be careful or he will be an accomplice to this.

On being flat I noticed Blair trying to get deep a few times in the second half but was forested to get shallower. Now I know why.

Oh how I wish I could say some things.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]