Default Wests Tigers deny Perth move

Wests Tigers deny Perth move

NRL club Wests Tigers have baulked at suggestions they are considering relocating to Perth.

CEO Grant Mayer issued a statement on Saturday responding to a media report the merger club was headed west.

"The Wests Tigers will not be relocating to Perth, or anywhere else for that matter," he said.

"Our club is working with the NRL and club shareholders to ensure that our members, corporate partners and broader fan base have a strong and vibrant club for years to come.

"Talk of a relocation is irresponsible and downright wrong.

"Over the last seven months the club has worked exceptionally hard to address many issues.

"We continue to attract great interest from corporate Australia, our television ratings remain strong and our membership program is growing on the back of greater focus and attention from my staff.

The Tigers play Gold Coast at Cbus Super Stadium on Sunday.

http://www.ninemsn.com.au

I can't see the Magpies leaving, Balmain are in deep **** though.

Losing Balmain would be a disgrace. And a great shame. But I cant see where they will find the $4mill unless they privatise or get a White Knight.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER