Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Titans Board.

Default Titans Board.

Gold Coast Titans will soon move in line with the corporate governance requirements of the NRL by appointing an independent board, RLW has learned.

It is a major strategical move by the club, which has in the past had major financial woes but which is now working to establish a strong foothold in the Gold Coast corporate landscape.

RLW understands the board will comprise six members – three representing the private ownership of the club and three high-profile Gold Coast business people who are being invited to sit.

The NRL has put a high priority on clubs getting their corporate governance right and the Titans see their move as opening the way to increased financial opportunities via closer connections with the corporate sector and potential sponsors.

It will also tighten the management structure of the club as it competes with the AFL’s Gold Coast Suns for public interest in one of the tougher sporting markets.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/titans...pendent-board/
    Last edited by Tamwelg; 10-03-14 at 03:35 PM.

Gold Coast Titans will soon move in line with the corporate governance requirements of the NRL by appointing an independent board, RLW has learned.

It is a major strategical move by the club, which has in the past had major financial woes but which is now working to establish a strong foothold in the Gold Coast corporate landscape.

RLW understands the board will comprise six members – three representing the private ownership of the club and three high-profile Gold Coast business people who are being invited to sit.

The NRL has put a high priority on clubs getting their corporate governance right and the Titans see their move as opening the way to increased financial opportunities via closer connections with the corporate sector and potential sponsors.

It will also tighten the management structure of the club as it competes with the AFL’s Gold Coast Suns for public interest in one of the tougher sporting markets.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/t
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Is it too late? Only time will tell.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Is it too late? Only time will tell.
    Where is the board? Weren't we promised this by the end of 2013 at the latest?

Promises within our domain are like waves on the sand.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

You know years ago I assumed we had a board because we had a "Chairman" I didn't realise at the time that he was an... "Honorary" "Chairman"....

I also used to assume we had a Bid Team.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

The longer it takes the more nervous I get. What is the hold Up.

Sitting at the coffee shop today and there was something in the Bulletin about it. I tried reading it whilst waiting for my coffee. Didn't have my glasses with me so I got no idea what it read..

.......or maybe go to the Bulletin sports website to find out....I am too lazy

Cheers for the in depth breaking news, Mate.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Didn't have my glasses with me so I got no idea what it read..

.......or maybe go to the Bulletin sports website to find out....I am too lazy
    Classic ... how do you get dressed in the morning?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I read the article in the Bulletin yesterday and was disappointed by what was written. If true, the article said it would be a 4 person Board with Searle and Kelly on it (the third owner does not wish to be on it as he spends most time out of the Country) and two others. Chris Nyst the lawyer was mentioned as well as Mrs Frizelle of car fame. Sorry I can't remember her first name.
    My immediate questions were, are the two others just going to be Searle plants (yes I assume) and even if not what happens when the Board is split 2 all on an issue. Doesn't the Chair get the deciding vote usually and we know who that will be.
    My overall impression is that the Board will change nothing which was not what I was hoping. I hope I am wrong. Surely a Board along these lines would not satisfy the NRL.

I gave up on Fairy Tales years ago
    #itaintweaktospeak

Meanwhile the AFL owns the Suns 100%, meanwhile Brothers NRL are working for a majority members owned club...

With those names that Mexican Titan mentioned does nothing to instill any confidence in me. There will be no changes in the Coaching Dept or direction anytime soon. So I guess it leaves nothing else but to stand back and watch the franchise eventually crash 'n burn when others stop tipping money into it..

Just imagine how good it be if our club did have a ridgy-didge Board and accountability.

There was also another article the other day that said that Anshuman Magazine, the third director had sold some of his share and that Searle now has just over 40%.