Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Website Update

Great to wake up to. Now we just need to sus out the gremlins. How about Tam's effort actually getting it done before Round 1 kick off!

I'm also keen to kick off our social media so we can bring new Titans fans to the fold and remind old ones of our presence.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

One Great feature i just saw is the Auto Save, Goodwork Tam
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Thanks for your efforts with the new site. Great stuff and very much appreciated. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    Fixed?
    Seems it only happened when you reply with quote
    Hopefully it is fixed now.

Tam is the MAN. THANK YOU for all your hard work.

Please make sure you find me at a home game so I can buy you a few beers mate.

I really appreciate all you hard work over the past several months.

Well done Tamwelg, we have alot to thank you about. Drink in moderation.

Thanks for all your hard work, it is much appreciated. The new design is great.

Site comes up very nice on iPad. Good work.

I've added a few extra bits and pieces tonight. I thought I'd ironed all the bugs out before going life, but I've just fixed a few on the fly.

Front page
    Player of the Year (Moejoe)
    Player Profiles

The front page has another bug with the news not displaying inline. It's an easy fix, but my head is spinning now, so I'll sort that tomorrow.

Player profiles and the images used will be updated and fixed. I had to rush the data in tonight, so Moejoe award was ready to go live.

Moejoe Award is my baby and is named in honour of a founding forum member no longer with us. The Moejoe award is was pushed me toward re designing and developing the code for the new site. The page my seem quite simple to look at, but the was some pretty indepth algorithms in the code, which took a bit of time to work out. Adding up the player of the year votes was previously a major pain in the but, now it is all automatic.

Looks friggin awesome Matt. Could imagine the coding needed.
    Very very cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Tam, you are indeed a TITAN CHAMPION, and what you have created from the old forum is nothing short of amazing.

It's people like yourself and the others who are prepared to keep working away tirelessly in the background, while the rest of us whinge and moan about everything that annoys us about the Titans, that allows us the freedom to whinge and moan about everything that annoys us about the Titans!

And now we get to do it on a cutting edge forum that looks friggin' amazing!

Seriously, thanks for all your effort. I have some idea of the time you have been working on this project, and can only imagine the hours and personal sacrifice you were making to get this beast up and running and under control, and and to be honest, I saw it taking shape and was amazed at what you were creating, but never thought it would be this good.

I've said it before, and I will say it again, that old forum posters and newbies alike should remember that it is people like you and DIEHARD that got this thing up and running in the first place, and saved it when it was looking like going down forever, and have now improved it to be something every forum user and Titans fan can be proud of.

People like yourself should be remembered by people like me for the efforts that allow us to log in when ever we have time to kill, and while we take it for granted, we should take a moment to consider how this forum grew to become what it is today.

As part of my contribution and as a show of thanks, I will commit to try and recruit new and old and returning forum members to come to the forum to bolster the ranks and bring the posts, comments and opinions back to a worthy level of contributing members.

Thanks again Tamwelg for an amazing new look, and thanks to all those who keep the forum running.

Here, here - well said C-Whiz. This is great Tam, thanks for all your hard work getting this new Forum operational and to all of you who take the time to read and reply to everyone's post, you make this a great network to be part of. Long live the Titans and the League of Titans forum!

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Wow C-Whiz, some very very kind words there mate and much appreciated. As are all the kind words from everyone else. I appreciated the help you gave me with testing things out on the dummy site and giving some great feedback. I'll plod along with things and get the site to where we want it to be. Any suggestion, ideas, changes anyone wants to throw up, let me know. I most likely won't get to it straight away, as I don't seem to have as much spare time as I used to, but We'll get there eventually.

UPDATE

The following new features have recently been added recently:

• Thumbs Up / Thumbs down (it's a like / dislike type of thing that is there on all posts)
    • Scores and stats (scores and stats page gives all titans games scores and full player stats, which will be updated live during all titans games. The link is in the menu bar on the home page)
    • NRL Ladder (the NRL ladder is now available on the home page and a more indepth ladder is available via the link in the menu on the home page)
    • vBookie (I think everyone seems to have got the hang of this, so no explanation required. I've made it easier for the mods to add the vBookie adds and intend to write some code to make it even easier again)
    • Player Profiles (Player profiles have been added and updated. There's still a few bits and pieces to add, but it's getting there. With the intro of the scores and stats page, there stats last game section of the player profiles is now active)

I'm currently working on a tipping comp for the site and a NRL draw page that will tie in with the scores and stats page.

Fixed a bug in the Moejoe award code that someone inadvertently pointed out, where you could allocate negative votes to players, which at the same time gave you extra votes to allocate to other players, as long as the total positive votes was equal to or below 6. I found this before a round tally, so the integrity of the voting has not been compromised.

Double posting bug has also been fixed.

I'm yet to add something to the profiles to highlight those that contributed to the site becoming what it is today. I haven't yet settle on an idea, but have not forgotten about it.

There is lots of other little bits and pieces that I've been doing that aren't significant enough to mention.

If something appears broken or doesn't look quite right or there are any features you want added, please let me know.
    Last edited by Tamwelg; 23-04-14 at 11:08 AM.

Tam. Thank you for all your hard work as with out you we would be hear talking about our passion the Titans etc.