Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Anyone got songs to sing....?
    preferably about drinking and winning, but I'm quite used to singing, drinking and losing also...lol

C-Whiz, I remember you fancy yourself as a bit of a crooner, a bit of a songstress....

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

A song aimed at Searle n Co....:boo:

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

I can't believe they still make songs like that ...
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I love that son GCT 89! Haha
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_89 View Post
    preferably about drinking and winning, but I'm quite used to singing, drinking and losing also...lol

C-Whiz, I remember you fancy yourself as a bit of a crooner, a bit of a songstress....
    Haha, yeah mate, I'm a regular Diana Ross....

I did spend the first 4, 5 or 6 years trying to get some songs and chants organised, and we've had a few goes along the way, but now that I sit up with my family in the NE corner it isn't something I have been pushing.

I lost enthusiasm for a proper team song around the same time Mr May lost his job. I think it is something that is important for bonding fans together, and I still feel it is probably the single biggest missed opportunity the Titans have had to unite all the fans with a song we can sing together. I know I am not alone with this thought.

I did have a little bit of a faith renewal with Mr May when he informed us at the fan forum that a team song was definitley on the list of things to get done. I fear that that dream may have died with his involvement with the club. I can still only assume Searle is waiting to find a way to make money off a team song, that he can own the licence to etc and charge royalities for it's use etc. I can not fathom any other reason a club that is now 8 years old still does not have a club/team song.

OK, having said all that, i would still love to get some easy to learn songs/lyrics to some well known tunes that everyone can sing along too.

Especially when....

1. We were up against Gold Coast United, a soccer team which is a sport with a noted supporter culture.
    2. AFL, they all have team songs which is part of their match day tradition.

It would have been wise to get in ahead of both.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

He came here as a fractured soul, Hurrah Hurrah!
    To be a star, that was his goal, Hurrah Hurrah!
    He's got the speed, he's got the pace,
    the kinda talent ya cant replace!
    He's Albert! Albert! Albert Ke-lley!

Nana nana nana nana nana, nana!
    Nana nana nana nana nana! nana!
    Nana nana nana nana,
    nana nana nana nana,
    Albert! Albert! Albert Ke-lley!

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

He came here as a fractured soul, Hurrah Hurrah!
    To be a star, that was his goal, Hurrah Hurrah!
    He's got the speed, he's got the pace,
    the kinda talent ya cant replace!
    He's Albert! Albert! Albert Ke-lley!

Nana nana nana nana nana, nana!
    Nana nana nana nana nana! nana!
    Nana nana nana nana,
    nana nana nana nana,
    Albert! Albert! Albert Ke-lley!
    All those nana's and not a single ....

Banned

I'm sure I will be called an AFL troll for doing this but what the hell. I think it was GCT_89 who stated the game day experience at Metricon is much better and I have to agree with him. Have a look at some of the things they are doing this weekend:

Kids:
    Petting zoo
    Mechanical football (like a mechanical bull)
    Double splash slide
    Putt Putt golf
    Interactive games
    Stilt walkers
    Balloon twisters
    Unicyclists
    AFL Playground
    McDonald's Fun Zone
    People dressed up as Hamburglar, Southport Sharks mascot and Gold Coast Suns mascot

Crust Pizza Bar
    Piazza section of seats
    Live band at 5th quarter bar
    Free Big Mac if Suns win
    Oval next to stadium accessible at any time during the match
    TATTSBET betting site
    Patrons allowed on the ground to kick a football after the game

It might seem a bit too much like a carnival but you'd be hard pressed to find a kid that wouldn't enjoy those activities. The effort they are putting in is enormous and I only saw a few blow up castles out the front of Cbus when I went to the Rabbitohs game a few weeks ago.

The AFL troll raises a few good points, particularly the bit about going on the ground after the match and I could definitely go a Crust pizza during the game.

For those members who aren't aware, the Titans are bringing back the members deal at the HQ cafe (or whatever it is called). I think it is just a meat pie, chips and drink or something like that, not the yummy hotdog deal, but at least they are doing something again.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    The AFL troll raises a few good points, particularly the bit about going on the ground after the match and I could definitely go a Crust pizza during the game.

For those members who aren't aware, the Titans are bringing back the members deal at the HQ cafe (or whatever it is called). I think it is just a meat pie, chips and drink or something like that, not the yummy hotdog deal, but at least they are doing something again.
    Starting Round 11? That's a shame it wasn't in place since Round 1.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 23-05-14 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post

Unfortunately CSF has not told the full story - he really should be a News Ltd journalist. The reason the Suns are doing these things for the kids this weekend is because they are advertising it as a FAMILY DAY. Of course then they are going to have kids and adults activities. For his info the Titans always have face painting, rock climbing, pass the ball as well as his mentioned blow up castles.
    If you are going to post and continue the AFL love affair CSF then present the facts. FFS.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Unfortunately CSF has not told the full story - he really should be a News Ltd journalist. The reason the Suns are doing these things for the kids this weekend is because they are advertising it as a FAMILY DAY. Of course then they are going to have kids and adults activities. For his info the Titans always have face painting, rock climbing, pass the ball as well as his mentioned blow up castles.
    If you are going to post and continue the AFL love affair CSF then present the facts. FFS.
    I did say they were doing it this weekend, not every home game. I saw the pass the ball and the blow up castles when I went to the game a few weeks ago. Face painting and a handball thing is also offered by the Suns at every game so that's something I forgot. I guess the biggest problem with those activities at Robina is the fact that it is located outside of the stadium (from what I could see). I'm sure a lot of families just walk past them so they can get through the gates. None of the Suns activities are held outside the gates.

Mate, it's not like I went snooping everywhere around the stadium to find out what they do. I just stated what I saw. I even said that in my post. The thread is intended to have posters give ideas on how to improve the game day experience and I thought a lot of those that I suggested were reasonable. It's not like the two clubs can't learn from each other?

Quote Originally Posted by CoastSportsFan View Post
    I did say they were doing it this weekend, not every home game. I saw the pass the ball and the blow up castles when I went to the game a few weeks ago. Face painting and a handball thing is also offered by the Suns at every game so that's something I forgot. I guess the biggest problem with those activities at Robina is the fact that it is located outside of the stadium (from what I could see). I'm sure a lot of families just walk past them so they can get through the gates. None of the Suns activities are held outside the gates.

Mate, it's not like I went snooping everywhere around the stadium to find out what they do. I just stated what I saw. I even said that in my post. The thread is intended to have posters give ideas on how to improve the game day experience and I thought a lot of those that I suggested were reasonable. It's not like the two clubs can't learn from each other?
    My apologies, you did say this weekend but I (and probably many others) read it as being a routine thing and that you conveniently forgot to mention that this is promoted as a family weekend with heavily discounted family tickets.
    You are right that it would be beneficial that Titans activities be held past the gates but that is obviously not possible. The clubs can and do learn from each other and for people like me who don't want to pay full price for memberships to both clubs to offer a discount rate if you want to take both would be good. I know that this would be seen as criminal in Victoria but why not here when both clubs struggle for crowds.
    I look forward to you posting some photos of the baby lambs from the petting zoo.