Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Lightbulb Titans Support (Gameday Fun) Ideas 2014

A thread for discussing ways to enhance our game day experience and increase support for our club in 2014...

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Well Greg wants me to make him a new Greg Bird banner, which Im gonna design and make up soon. Ive done that I will be open to help people realise some banner ideas. Not just restricted to the Titans either.

So I will be designing and producing the banner, ready to go.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Are you headed to the game tomorrow Adam? You'll have to report back and tell us how the day goes all round.

That's interesting... I wonder if that banner will be there tomorrow...

Yes I'll be there, I wonder if its just those front six rows...

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_89 View Post
    That's interesting... I wonder if that banner will be there tomorrow...

Yes I'll be there, I wonder if its just those front six rows...
    That'd be a disappointment to people like you and me and many others who love the elevation also important to spread out flags for visual impact.

If the banner is left there at least it'll be seen on TV, might be annoying as it blocks access and some good flag waving position.

I will say that moving the Legion to it's new home is a masterstroke. The group I sit with (members sitting together for the past few years now) all commented on how much better we can hear the Legion now. And, as a result, it will be much more likely for the Eastern side to engage and join with the Legions chants. Given it was a small crowd yesterday, it was still noticeable, with people joining into the chants.

Also, one of the reasons I never really wanted to join the Legion was due to its location. Sitting behind the sticks at ground level is about as bad a position as you can get at a footy field. Now you are in a position that justifies your efforts, and the price you pay for tickets.

There is the usual start-of-season uncertainty from the gate security on what can and can not be brought into the stadium. I almost had a massive barney with a woman working the bag search at entry because I had 2 water bottles from home, and she told me they couldn't be brought in. Long story short, they now have the list written and stuck to the tables where you do the bag search so I pointed out to her where it said about drinks form home, but she then did what most people with a little bit of authority and no idea how to do their jobs usually do, started telling me it was up to her to decide what comes in etc etc....

My Mrs dragged me away before I got started , and the other security just gave me that look of "yep, you are right, sorry, she is a pain in the a$$".

Anyway, the point is, the list is written in black and white on the entrance tables, so if you do what that list says, then you should have no problem.

I think the move is a great idea.... Half the reason I had a great day actually...

But I did notice at least two families with kids move elsewhere in the stadium with shade (just like alot of fans from all over the stadium did). Both grumbling about the heat and how it's ruined there day, and I don't blame them... The conditions were horrendous (I was in that sun for the good part of 5 hours).

I fear the heat has put a dampener on what is a great move by the club, and a fresh start for supporters...

I also had dramas getting stuff in past security, but they learnt soon enough...

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

I think this was a great idea....

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Moving The Legion is good because itll help with stadium atmosphere and look better on tv. But it has two main draw backs, the heat and the cost. Hopefully the cost can be managed. I know in the past the Roosters, Bulldogs and Rabbitohs moved their groups into the tv arc.

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_89 View Post
    I think this was a great idea....

Fantastic! This is just for Members Round though?

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Fantastic! This is just for Members Round though?
    Probably... Which is a shame coz by the end of the game, 50% of people were gone, leaving about a dozen people left...lol

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Anyway, the point is, the list is written in black and white on the entrance tables, so if you do what that list says, then you should have no problem.
    OK, here is the official list.

Terms and Conditions of Entry

In addition to the Terms and Conditions of Entry outlined below, we have compiled a list of frequently asked questions and answers. Visit the FAQ's page for further information.

CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: FOOD ITEMS

NOT ALLOWED

- Commercial food from takeaway and fast food outlets (e.g. McDonalds, Subway, KFC, Pizza,)
    - Lunch box style snacks (e.g. bag of chips, muesli bars)
    - Commercial drinks (e.g. branded juices, soft drinks, energy, etc.)
    - Alcohol

ALLOWED

- Sealed 600ml commercial water
    - Personal water bottle filled with water – may be checked for alcohol
    - Lollies in a snack size zip lock bag
    - Fruit – one piece per person
    - Poppa (tetra pack) fruit juice - one serve (250ml) per person (cannot be frozen)
    - Home-made sandwiches, cakes, muffins, biscuits.
    - Thermos Flask for tea or coffee
    - Baby food
    - Special Dietary requirements and allergy based food
    http://www.cbussuperstadium.com.au/A...-of-entry.aspx

Sandwiches! Wonderful sandwiches for all!

I used to put this info in the Legion Mail newsletters I did, to encourage people to save money and make it a more addordable day.

This information isn't promoted enough.

The rules still are too harsh. Rugby League is the reason the facility exists yet the supporters, ordinary people, are bled dry.