Default 2000th post - Things i love about the Titans.

I have been pretty disappointed lately with our efforts, and quite outspoken on the forum, but it should not be confused how much i still love and look forward to the season. So i thought my 2000th post could be a positive collection of reasons why i cant wait for the season to start.

*i love almost all of our players but i most love seeing the young guys test themselves and grow up in front of us. we have seen Mead grow up from a boy into a man, rode his broken jaws and legs, and felt nervous for him when he returned. We have seen Ryan James go from young firebrand into a...slightly older firebrand lol. no he seriously is the next big thing as far as forwards go. he will play origin in next couple of years. He sticks up for his mates and his team. Kelly, Sezer and Carter are the next batch of guys we can see develop their careers and take us for the ride.

*we give guys a second chance. and help rebuild there careers/lives. Walker, Birdman, Kelly...maybe a couple of others. we took a punt when it wasnt popular to do so. Bird is revered here now, but 90% of people were angrily against signing him. He and the club weathered that, and most of us were terrified he would leave once his rep was cleared, but he returned the faith we showed in him. I admore his competiveness so much. He can bite someones ear of, or have his ear bitten off in the 79th minute, then shake hands with the same player once the siren goes. most people in the public could not do that. they would hold a grudge forever. he also hangs around to see away fans more than anyone else. He is our eader.

*meeting up with guys at the stadium. finding C whiz in the stands for a chat or even just re locating there for the day to shoot the **** is good fun. the amount of people i bump into there is so cool and always great fun.

*our colours. we havent always made the best jersey choices, but by god, we have the best palette to choose from, and i love when we see a sea of bluey aqua in the stands. the full house semi in 2009 against broncs was the best night of crowd atmosphere and support ive ever seen. the players must have loved it.

*our stadium is the best. modern, new and comfortable without seeming too monsterous like suncorp of some of the sydney grounds to get from one area to another.

*the forum - made some really good friends on here that i see or chat with in real life.

there is a bunch of other stuff that i really enjoy about our club, but the thought that i cant shake right now, is walking with the crowd into the stadium with my family and friends, discussing optimistically our chances for the next for the coming afternoon, making our way to our seat and relaxing with a drink while i wait for my heroes to come and play right in front of my eyes.

Congratulations on making your 2000 ... may there be another 200,000 to follow.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.