Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Movies and TV

In the depressed spirit of "the Titans are not playing finals" I have bounced back by re-visiting Mr. Inbetween. And am saving House of the Dragon to binge it eventually.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Still avoiding HoD but casually watching the Rings of Power while saving See III to binge it during the on-coming Chinese National Holiday. Bit the bullet and went back after a lot of peer pressure to Season 2 of Better Call Saul and working my way through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Bit the bullet and went back after a lot of peer pressure to Season 2 of Better Call Saul and working my way through it.
    Peer pressure!!!

I've gone back and restarted watching Breaking Bad. So good. You can't beat Jesse and Walt. What an awesome odd couple.

Also noticing the nuance of a character like Hank. Who is a loud mouth racist, but shows deep loyalty and compassion to family at moments.

Oh to organise my TV watching, I've moved on from having a dodgy Google Doc and I thought, hey, there has got to be an app for this. So I downloaded TV Time. And you can track what episodes and seasons you have watched and what you want to watch. Movies included. With little details and plot summaries.

It's great. And I'll definitely be putting in some of the suggestions I read on here into it.

Some movies coming up at the cinema include...

Black Adam (DC Superhero with The Rock) - 20 Oct
    Black Panther 2 - 9 Nov

Dates are HK release dates but it gives you an idea.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Finished Better Call Saul, finished Rings of Power, working my way through Andor and binged House of the Dragon which ended better than it started.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Finished Better Call Saul, finished Rings of Power, working my way through Andor and binged House of the Dragon which ended better than it started.
    Hot D really did end well. I agree with you. Those final scenes with the dragon battle were terrifying and also what preceded it.

I liked the end of Better Call Saul. I'm now doing another run through of Breaking Bad, into Season 3.

Heard good things about Andor.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Saw Black Panther 2. I didn't enjoy it as much as most Marvel films. I re-watched Shang-Chi the night before. and that is a lot of fun.

I thought they did a good job honouring Chadwick Boseman. A real tragedy. RIP.

I've been watching a lot of Seinfeld lately and been really enjoying it. Great way to improve your mood.

Also been re-watch the late 80s / 90s BBC comedy/sci-fi, Red Dwarf. A show I absolutely adore.

1899 is my next target.

edit

and done
    Last edited by Titanic; 01-12-22 at 05:29 PM.

The Super Mario Bros. Movie | Official Trailer

I think the makers of the movie are pretty smart to re-explore the origins of the Mario Brothers which was in the real world as plumbers, This trailer which takes the form of a mock ad uses the theme from the Mario Bros cartoon and even features the voice actor of the Princess. It has some lovely Ghostbuster/Small Business vibes.

Tetris is streaming March 31 on Apple TV+

I thought Tetris was having a crap in a Chinese toilet

I know you don't mean anything derogatory by that Titanic. Sounds like you're close to the action over there, which I'm envious of. I took my young family for four and half months of travelling China twelve years ago. Easily the most fascinating country I've ever been. Awesome place - wonderful people!

Also, on the movie/tv bent, Andor was great and Diehard, if you love Seinfeld, you should love Curb Your Enthusiasm. Some of the most ridiculous humour I've ever seen. The Golfing episode with Norm and the swans had me laughing out loud slapping my knee on a flight in the middle of the night.

I've definitely enjoyed Curb Your Enthusiasm over the years, but I haven't systematically tapped it. Sounds like a really good idea. I just finished a watch through of The Office. Steve Carrell as Michael Scott really hits the spot.

I haven't got into Andor yet, but I've heard great things. Just started Foundation on Apple TV.

I watched Episode 1 of Season 3 of Picard and it was pretty good after the last two... let's just say I'm really disappointed in NuTrek. I'll watch the second episode soon.

Two famous comedies that I've never watched are Parks and Recreation and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Definitely on my list.

Finally, finally started watching The Boys.

Really recommend Picard season 3 to all the Trekkies out there. After alot of poor NuTrek, this one has really come home. 9 out of 10 episodes are out and 9 was amazing.