Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Movies and TV

I've been binging Shameless for the last few weeks. Up to season 7

Better Call Saul Season 5. Then just moved onto the new season 6.

Also cruising through Star Trek The Next Generation season 2 at Warp 4.

Really enjoying watching the Amazing Race on Disney Plus. Or as I call it "Being Screwed Over By Random Taxi Drivers"
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

It seems like August will be TV Christmas to me.

- House of The Dragon
    - Walking Dead Season 11 Part 2
    - Rilakkuma (Netflix)

Rilakkuma is a Japanese show of two bears and a yellow bird living with a young woman. It's so good because it's stop motion. So much love and care has gone into every frame. Unlike CGI cartoons that I am really indifferent too at times. Much like Top Gun: Maverick. People marvel at the return of real photography and real stunts.

Also re-watching

- Star Trek Next Gen season 2. Gee some of those early episodes are tough to watch, I think some are actually left over scripts from the 60s!
    - Diving deep into Amazing Race over the years. Brutal show sometimes.
    - Finally watched Wandavision. Haven't touched many other Marvel TV shows. But I will.
    - I need to start to watch Obi Wan!

Also finally got back to the cinema here. Watched Dr Strange. I found Sami Rami's style pretty overwhelming and was constantly reminded of his Evil Dead movies (Which I love actually). I guess the content suited him though.

I mentioned Top Gun, haven't seem it yet myself. I'll watch it on IMAX.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 09-06-22 at 10:57 AM.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Binging It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. I have watched before...but good for a giggle. I also didn't mind, Why Are You Like This on Netflix. It's a comedy piss take on the way the world is. Any fans of Neighbours will mostly like (or be shocked by) the role of Mia, played by Olivia Junkeer.

Just want to mention my favorite comedy piece after any Python is Curb Your Enthusiasm S3E10 … watch it stand alone if you’re not into Larry David.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Finally saw Top Gun. I love fighter planes but was never keen on the original much. But this one was such a great film that kept me interested. It really did because my session ended after midnight and I was still wide awake, I was pretty fired up.

I loved to see the return of real stunts and real photography. They used real planes as much as possible. I saw it on IMAX so the planes were probably 1:1 scale.

Highly recommended. There is a reason why it's going to break one billion bucks USD box office.

Just started Season 2 of See ... you have to be blind to See it ... for those who haven't caught on to this very entertaining piece of futuristic intrigue ... worth a look. Also sat through Elvis which had few surprises but was watchable once you get past Elvis doesn't look like Elvis ... interesting seeing Hanks in a role like that ... also enjoyed Memory and The Gray Man for harmless viewing.
    Last edited by Titanic; 02-08-22 at 09:15 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I’m finding that Apple TV+ has the best shows on at the moment. See is great. New season out soon. “For all mankind” is another one I really enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I’m finding that Apple TV+ has the best shows on at the moment. See is great. New season out soon. “For all mankind” is another one I really enjoy.
    Yea there is a few I want to watch on Apple TV.

Foundation
    Severance
    The sci fi movie with Tom Hanks, Finch.

I've been re-watching Stranger Things since finishing off Season 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Just started Season 2 of See ... you have to be blind to See it ... for those who haven't caught on to this very entertaining piece of futuristic intrigue ... worth a look.
    Sounds up my alley.

House of the Dragon aka Hot D this weekend, I guess that would be Monday Aussie time.

So House of the Dragon Ep 1 is out.

Non-spoiler comments: I thought it was very good. But the violence and sex was over the top to me. I love Matt Smith as Daemon Targaryen was fantastic and very intimidating while still having depth. It lacked the sense of scope, adventure and warmth for me though. GoT Ep 1 we had Ned and Rob's friendship, the Stark family and of course Tyrion and his brother Jamie. I love the greater focus on heraldry and I love the different dragons with their shapes, designs and colours.

I also just discovered Below Deck. A reality TV show set on chartered superyachts and it's ridiculous but addictive.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I also just discovered Below Deck. A reality TV show set on chartered superyachts and it's ridiculous but addictive.
    Below deck
    Below deck Mediterranean
    Below deck Down Under
    Below deck Sailing Yacht

Good luck hahaha, when I was working night shift during the Covid start my wife got hooked and now I enjoy the absurdity of it too.

- - - Updated - - -

So House of the Dragon Ep 1 is out.

Non-spoiler comments: I thought it was very good. But the violence and sex was over the top to me. I love Matt Smith as Daemon Targaryen was fantastic and very intimidating while still having depth. It lacked the sense of scope, adventure and warmth for me though. GoT Ep 1 we had Ned and Rob's friendship, the Stark family and of course Tyrion and his brother Jamie. I love the greater focus on heraldry and I love the different dragons with their shapes, designs and colours.
    I guess as it is a 10 ep series they have to push on with every episode. A lot happened in Ep 1

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Below deck
    Below deck Mediterranean
    Below deck Down Under
    Below deck Sailing Yacht

Good luck hahaha, when I was working night shift during the Covid start my wife got hooked and now I enjoy the absurdity of it too.
    OMG. That's it for me! I didn't realise there was four of em. My wife wasn't impressed with me sending her voice messages in the spirit of Below Deck.

"Brad Brad Cyn. The primary isn't satisfied with the dinner. He says it is not 7 star. Copy."

Seeing all the ocean, it makes me really miss Australia and going to the beach.

OMG. That's it for me! I didn't realise there was four of em. My wife wasn't impressed with me sending her voice messages in the spirit of Below Deck.

"Brad Brad Cyn. The primary isn't satisfied with the dinner. He says it is not 7 star. Copy."

Seeing all the ocean, it makes me really miss Australia and going to the beach.
    I often wonder why the guests that can afford that kind of luxury would want to be on a show and then look like absolute assholes as well as hear what the crew say about them. Funny. But some of them return and then just up the asshole ante and are worse