Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies and TV

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Agreed, not sure what people were expecting. Explains a lot about who Han is in the Star Wars series (Han shot first etc). Hopefully Lando gets his own series somehow.
    Oh yea I liked how he shot first, which undoes some of the tampering Lucas did with the remastered originals in the 90s.

I think it covered over many of the big events for Han. Even the Han v Harn came into it. But it wasn't too much.

And Chewie was in fine form.

Spoiler in white below.

One thing they could have done was spend more time on Han as an Imperial Navy pilot, they skirted over it. I always imagined Han witnessing some terrible atrocities and him slowing coming to the decision that he needs to do something about it. And that the cost and risk of this decision would be massive. But that is just based on my expectations for years.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Oh yea I liked how he shot first, which undoes some of the tampering Lucas did with the remastered originals in the 90s.

I think it covered over many of the big events for Han. Even the Han v Harn came into it. But it wasn't too much.

And Chewie was in fine form.

Spoiler in white below.

One thing they could have done was spend more time on Han as an Imperial Navy pilot, they skirted over it. I always imagined Han witnessing some terrible atrocities and him slowing coming to the decision that he needs to do something about it. And that the cost and risk of this decision would be massive. But that is just based on my expectations for years.
    Refer below for Secret Squirrel message....

Totally agree. The mud troopers scenes looked awesome. I walked away thinking I'd love to see a movie from an imperial soldiers point of view. Like a Clint eastwood directed Letter from Iwo Jima or all quiet on the western front. Could be epic and give a totally different perspective.

Refer below for Secret Squirrel message....

Totally agree. The mud troopers scenes looked awesome. I walked away thinking I'd love to see a movie from an imperial soldiers point of view. Like a Clint eastwood directed Letter from Iwo Jima or all quiet on the western front. Could be epic and give a totally different perspective.
    Spoilers below in white.

I felt the same away. And just when I was getting set for that idea, the Imperials we really interact with turn out to be mercenaries anyway. One vivid scene was the AT-ST jumping around.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Saw Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Yes I see a lot of movies.

I thought it was good also at least 4-5 times I thought to myself, the director did something clever.

Good fun.

It's not out here till Wednesday.

It's not out here till Wednesday.
    I saw it in 4D, so that means seats that move on a platform in groups of four. Slowly but also fast and rough.

They also change the lighting in the cinema. They actually spray you with water, which if you remember Jurassic Park, there is a fair bit of water and wind. They do wind too, and also compressed air shots. The seats have these internal devices that can hit you too.

Throw in 3D and it was actually the ideal movie for the situation.

lol Sounds like it crazy experience.

That sounds crazy. Movie world could try and get the rights to movies like that and sell tickets for their 4D theatre.

It's also actually really well integrated into the movie. Almost seamless.

Saw Spider-Man Far from Home today. It's good to change the pace of Marvel films to focus on one character. Recommend seeing it in 3D and IMAX. Also some cool consequences in the aftermath of End game and the 5 year jump.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Saw Spider-Man Far from Home today. It's good to change the pace of Marvel films to focus on one character. Recommend seeing it in 3D and IMAX. Also some cool consequences in the aftermath of End game and the 5 year jump.
    Not out till Monday here. In time for public school holidays. Can't wait.

Go see Toy Story 4. Forkie could be the Titans mascot.... "Trash"

Not out till Monday here. In time for public school holidays. Can't wait.

Go see Toy Story 4. Forkie could be the Titans mascot.... "Trash"
    Haha haven't seen TS4 yet, but got my photo taken with the giant Woody statue this morning. I better use of my time than viewing the Titans carnage.

I got sick of trying to find streams. So I've started buying shows off Apple. (It's hard to get things in HK sometimes)

I'm currently rewatching Babylon 5 and I have the X Files lined up. I'm also interested in getting back into Highlander: The Series. I loved that as a kid.

OK here are some things to watch during the off-season.

Squid Game - The Korean TV show that's a bit like a Japanese game show mixed with Hunger Games. I enjoyed it. It is violent though.

Foundation - Classic scifi by Issac Asimov. It's on Apple.

Wheel of Time - Another much loved scifi from the 90s by Robert Jordan. On Amazon Prime.

I saw Dune last week. I recommend seeing it on IMAX if possible. Really well done. Great set and costumes. It's long but it is refreshing to see a movie that takes its time.