Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Movies and TV

Unfortunately and stupidly they aren't releasing Dune until November in Australia (same as wheel of time).

If you liked squid game then I would recommend Alice in Borderland. A lot more in depth and clues throughout the very first scenes. As the name suggests there are some links to Alice in Wonderland. Try and work out who is who and what the heck is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    OK here are some things to watch during the off-season.

Squid Game - The Korean TV show that's a bit like a Japanese game show mixed with Hunger Games. I enjoyed it. It is violent though.

Foundation - Classic scifi by Issac Asimov. It's on Apple.

Wheel of Time - Another much loved scifi from the 90s by Robert Jordan. On Amazon Prime.
    I read the Foundation books when I was young. Read most of Asimov novels actually. Also read the Wheel of Time books. So can’t wait to watch the series. If you are a book reader Brad grab ‘The Magician’ by Raymond E Feist. It is thick and can be a little slow but once you get involved you will love it. There are about 15 books in the series. I have read them all….twice.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh..I rate The Magician series way more than Wheel of Time. Still loved Wheel of Time though.

Thanks for that Shamus I’ve been looking for something different. Wheel of Time a classic series. If you want something contemporary fantasy from a particularly popular Chinese writer (translation pretty good) look for the Three Bodies Problem trilogy (Cixin Liu).
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    I read the Foundation books when I was young. Read most of Asimov novels actually. Also read the Wheel of Time books. So can’t wait to watch the series. If you are a book reader Brad grab ‘The Magician’ by Raymond E Feist. It is thick and can be a little slow but once you get involved you will love it. There are about 15 books in the series. I have read them all….twice.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh..I rate The Magician series way more than Wheel of Time. Still loved Wheel of Time though.
    Thanks so much for the recommendations. I'll definitely get onto them as soon as I finish my latest Ice and Fire readthrough. I'm up to the last (current) book.

I'm now watching Aliens. What an amazing movie. A few years ago I saw it at the cinema and I was blown away to see it on the scale. I even saw new details that I have never seen before. And I've seen the movie countless times.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

In desperation I have nearly finished watching The Outpost. Jessica Green and an A Grade plot carry a C Grade production.

Big fan of the Magician when I was young. I read all of the books and really enjoyed them.
    Also the wheel of time was good but I’m not a fan of the trailer. It seems very teenager if that’s a thing.
    Dune is an incredible book and i have been hoping they do it justice.
    Alien was freaking scary and is one of the best monsters in a sci fi movie

Just downloaded and watched Dune 2021 and enjoyed it, had forgotten the plot because I read the book half a century ago. Opens on the big screen next week so will watch again.

Cobra Kai Season 4 is up on Netflix. And so far it's very enjoyable with some really funny moments.

Attack on Titan Season 4 - Part 2 is out in several days. (A popular anime for those who don't know)

The Book of Bobba Fett is on Disney+

The new Spider-Man is honestly amazing. Don't waste your money on the Matrix (Unfortunately)

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

DiCaprio and Streep in Don't Look Up worth a look, especially for those who felt Armageddon was a bit over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    DiCaprio and Streep in Don't Look Up worth a look, especially for those who felt Armageddon was a bit over the top.
    *cough* Deep Impact *cough*

Yea I saw that movie too. Leo was amazing and Timothée Chalamet really showed his depth after doing Dune.

Matrix was just a reboot to give the female lead the ending "she should have had". Anyway, the weird thing is that they said they aren't doing anymore so that was a really bad ending. Hope they got paid well.

Seen Spidey twice now.

Bobba will be a slow burn, same as Mandalorian

C’mon DH, Armageddon was when Earth actually got the mission on to the asteroid and Deep Impact was how to dodge it … lol. If you add Greenland into it you could nearly develop a conspiracy theory.
    Last edited by Titanic; 03-01-22 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    C’mon DH, Armageddon was when Earth actually got the mission on to the asteroid and Deep Impact was how to dodge it … lol. If you add Greenland into it you could nearly develop a conspiracy theory.
    Oh yea true true. I was being a bit more broad there under the category of "extinction level asteroid film"

Spoiler/Theory: My impression/theory was that the other mission was also sabotaged.

Never seen Greenland.

I've started watching The Expanse. Which so far is nice. I like hard sci-fi and it's interesting to see the Earth/Mars/Belt/OPA politics.

I watched tyhe documentary called Shirkers on Netflix. Which is about some young filmmakers in Singapore in the early 90s. Made a film and then the director/editor/creepo disappeared. Twenty years later they got the footage back....

I've also started going through the Harry Potter movies again.

Xin nian kuai le or gong hei fat choy. Gave myself a few days off and binge watched GoT again lol and WoT which I quite enjoyed considering I’d forgotten the original plot either from longevity or dementia.
    Last edited by Titanic; 01-02-22 at 05:59 PM.

Binged The Mandalorian and Boba Fett … thank heavens for the footy season coming