Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 72

Thread: Movies

  1. #1
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    35,295

    Default Movies

    A thread for movie trailers and reviews

    Originally Posted by Moejoe
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

    Member: TITANS, DIEHARDS, LONDON BRONCOS, WEST COAST PIRATES, HKRL
    NUTS

  2. #2
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    35,295

    Default



    I saw this on Friday and LOVED IT!

    Originally Posted by Moejoe
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

    Member: TITANS, DIEHARDS, LONDON BRONCOS, WEST COAST PIRATES, HKRL
    NUTS

  3. #3
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    35,295

    Default

    300 sequel on the way, in March and in 3D.



    Last edited by DIEHARD; 24-02-14 at 06:21 AM.

    Originally Posted by Moejoe
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

    Member: TITANS, DIEHARDS, LONDON BRONCOS, WEST COAST PIRATES, HKRL
    NUTS

  4. #4

    Default

    I saw the LEGO trailer and thought it seemed so fresh and really witty / clever.

    then saw it doesnt come out for ages over here.

    I watched Gravity over the weekend. was very very good. one of those films where you dont realise your hands are gripping the chair and ur butthole is puckered up for an hour straight

  5. #5

    Default

    i have a list of movies to watch over my week of holidays before gym.

    Today is Rush,then i have Thor 2, Hunger Games 2, Mud, Hobbit 2, and second season of ninja turtles.... what a sick week.

    i have some others too, but they arent as well known.

    i love me some good movies

  6. #6
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    35,295

    Default

    Hahaha wow I really need to see Gravity. Perhaps Ive blown it and should have seen it in 3D and all that.

    With LEGO with me, I saw the trailer and thought it was funny with the 80s spaceman and Michelangelo. But the quality of the movie hit me in the face. Unexpected. Michelangelo was sadly in no real further scenes but 80s spaceman doesnt disappoint.

    Originally Posted by Moejoe
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

    Member: TITANS, DIEHARDS, LONDON BRONCOS, WEST COAST PIRATES, HKRL
    NUTS

  7. #7
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    35,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    i have a list of movies to watch over my week of holidays before gym.

    Today is Rush,then i have Thor 2, Hunger Games 2, Mud, Hobbit 2, and second season of ninja turtles.... what a sick week.

    i have some others too, but they arent as well known.

    i love me some good movies
    Hunger Games 2, still haven't seen that either!

    Originally Posted by Moejoe
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

    Member: TITANS, DIEHARDS, LONDON BRONCOS, WEST COAST PIRATES, HKRL
    NUTS

  8. #8
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    35,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    I saw the LEGO trailer and thought it seemed so fresh and really witty / clever.

    then saw it doesnt come out for ages over here
    http://thelegomovie.warnerbros.com/releasedates/

    According to this Australia doesn't exist!

    Originally Posted by Moejoe
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

    Member: TITANS, DIEHARDS, LONDON BRONCOS, WEST COAST PIRATES, HKRL
    NUTS

  9. #9
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    35,295

    Default

    Sweet Gravity is still showing here. Possibly cause of the Oscars coming.

    Originally Posted by Moejoe
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

    Member: TITANS, DIEHARDS, LONDON BRONCOS, WEST COAST PIRATES, HKRL
    NUTS

  10. #10

    Default

    yeah it is very good.

    and whereas the other top movies this year are a bit of a struggle to get through, Dallas buyers club and 12 years a slave...this is a entertainment movie. get your popcorn and hold on.

  11. #11
    Super Moderator TITAN PETE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SKILLED PARK S5
    Posts
    10,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    yeah it is very good.

    and whereas the other top movies this year are a bit of a struggle to get through, Dallas buyers club and 12 years a slave...this is a entertainment movie. get your popcorn and hold on.
    Mate i think you are a hard judge Gravity isn't close to being in the same League as 12 Years a Slave or Dallas Buyers Club add Wolf of Wall Street,the Hobbit 2, American Hustle or Life of a King, Gravity is a good movie but a little over rated for me (my opinion), !2 Years a Slave & Life of a King are the best mine
    #itaintweaktospeak

  12. #12
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    35,295

    Default

    Speaking of overrated.... American Hustle!

    Originally Posted by Moejoe
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

    Member: TITANS, DIEHARDS, LONDON BRONCOS, WEST COAST PIRATES, HKRL
    NUTS

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Mate i think you are a hard judge Gravity isn't close to being in the same League as 12 Years a Slave or Dallas Buyers Club add Wolf of Wall Street,the Hobbit 2, American Hustle or Life of a King, Gravity is a good movie but a little over rated for me (my opinion), !2 Years a Slave & Life of a King are the best mine
    Didnt say it was in same league, but it is considered a top movie for the year, and is a bit more of a thrill ride than the others i mentioned, which are very rewarding but can be a slog. yeah sorry i just read my post again. i didnt mean struggle as in i wanted to not watch it. i meant it as in its hard viewing and pretty harsh at times.

    I would put Gravity behind them and Hustle, but above Wolf of Wall Street and Hobbit 2.

    I say that as a staunch Hobbit and LOTR fan who reads the books once a year or so, and Leo is probably my favourite actor.

    Havent seen Life of a King as yet.

  14. #14
    Super Moderator TITAN PETE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SKILLED PARK S5
    Posts
    10,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Didnt say it was in same league, but it is considered a top movie for the year, and is a bit more of a thrill ride than the others i mentioned, which are very rewarding but can be a slog. yeah sorry i just read my post again. i didnt mean struggle as in i wanted to not watch it. i meant it as in its hard viewing and pretty harsh at times.

    I would put Gravity behind them and Hustle, but above Wolf of Wall Street and Hobbit 2.

    I say that as a staunch Hobbit and LOTR fan who reads the books once a year or so, and Leo is probably my favourite actor.

    Havent seen Life of a King as yet.
    Well worth watching & probably Cubas best for me, I'm a LOTR freak & rate the latest Hobbit no5 on list but still loved it

    Watched Wolf Creek 2 yesterday if u have seen the previous u know what to expect a little slower than the 1st but kicks in later in the movie, people from other countries especially Poms & Germans will hate Aussies
    #itaintweaktospeak

  15. #15
    Kangaroo Titanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Nanjing
    Posts
    7,795

    Default

    Loved Gravity in 3D because I had no idea what it was about until I lay down in the VIP cinema and ... wow! Liked Hobbit 2, didn't mind Thor 2 but my favorite recently was The Butler (I know I'm slow). Working my through Boardwalk Empire S3 at the moment.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ABOUT US

    Established in 2005 as the Gold Coast Titans official Chat Forum, we are now known as the League of Titans Independent Website. A place for fans of the Gold Coast Titans to come and touch base with other diehard fans.

QUICK LINKS

FOLLOW US ON

League of Titans designed and cutomised by Matt Glew