View Poll Results: Should Carty get the sack?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

49 90.74%
  • No.

5 9.26%
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Well TitanBear , you might be the only one that does have faith in him. Cause there is a lot out there that don't. Yes we are a young club , BUT with the players we have and with the experience those players bring , results should be better.

Are you related to the great one titan bear

Quote Originally Posted by TitanBear View Post
    I have faith in John Cartwright as a NRL head coach, and believe (my opinion) that he is doing a good job as Titans Head Coach. We only have a club that is 7 yrs old, so be patient, support your club, players & coach, they are all working very hard in a very demanding sport. have faith
    Melbourne won a premiership in its second year, brisbane in its 5th. we have 2 top 8 appearances in 7 years and only slim chances of getting there this year.

I'm usually the last to call for a coach's head.... (But) This is our 8th year in the NRL and Carty's 8th year as our head coach, if the Titans were to behave like every other club they should of sacked him already...

But we aren't like every other club (other clubs win premierships, I know) we only have a short history and I feel that shows on the park in a lot of games where the result is on the line and the team with a lot of history does what is needed to clinch the win and the Titans are left standing there empty...

I hope that makes sense.. I cant wait till we have moved on way past any foundation players and coaches and are just playing as a normal team with hopes and dreams of glory and not expectation hanging over our head... (lets hope the Titans are still here in 5-10 years time).

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_89 View Post
    (lets hope the Titans are still here in 5-10 years time).
    We need to look at the short term and shoot for 18 months. No one in their right mind will put up with another fail year with Cartwright not getting the flick.

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    We need to look at the short term and shoot for 18 months. No one in their right mind will put up with another fail year with Cartwright not getting the flick.
    True that, but the point I was trying to make was that I wont be devastated if we go another 7 years without a premiership or even a GF appearance at all... Other clubs have had worse ruts than the Titans...

I just want to be able to call myself a Gold Coast Titans fan without feeling like the laughing stock of the whole NRL...

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

True that, but the point I was trying to make was that I wont be devastated if we go another 7 years without a premiership or even a GF appearance at all... Other clubs have had worse ruts than the Titans...

I just want to be able to call myself a Gold Coast Titans fan without feeling like the laughing stock of the whole NRL...
    I can handle not winning a premiership or making the GF for many years but what I cannot handle is when nothing is done about it or there is no change. For example the last few years our style of play is as boring as batshlt and has not looked like changing. I see other sides with great set moves etc but we have a general approach of 5 hit up and a kick or bomb. Others skills such as players knowing their role in defence, running blockers for our wingers when trying to catch bombs etc etc are not improving.
    The attritional style as boring as it is, also wears down your forwards so by the end of the year they are running on empty.
    That's what gets to me, not the fact we might not win a comp.

‘89 & MT, I'm with you ... it's not a premiership I crave although I wouldn't say no but after a lifetime of being ridiculed for coming from the Coast, I crave credibility.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    ‘89 & MT, I'm with you ... it's not a premiership I crave although I wouldn't say no but after a lifetime of being ridiculed for coming from the Coast, I crave credibility.

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

u got a long way to go before u get forum cred my friend
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    u got a long way to go before u get forum cred my friend
    How right you are ... a man must acknowledge his limitations yet never relinquish the dream.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

this is true, no one has really said we need premierships.

we have just been seeking some improvement, some semi finals, and to believe we are a club we can be proud of.

great input '89

Well said 89. Bang on.

Junior

Precisely
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

How right you are ... a man must acknowledge his limitations yet never relinquish the dream.

U got more cred than I and we both got more than HS
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]