View Poll Results: Should Carty get the sack?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

49 90.74%
  • No.

5 9.26%
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    A couple of things-
    * regardless of what I think of Carty or any coach in the future I am sure the Board will not get involved in team selections, and neither they should
    * results by Round 20 should not be relevant. I think the benchmark was set very early and that was top 8 at a minimum. Personally I dont think falling in to the 8 and being knocked out in week 1 was satisfactory either.
    * I also don't ever wish to see people lose their jobs, however a bloke losing a job that pays around $400,000 a year and having made that money for the last few years despite appalling results eases my level of concern somewhat.
    Who knows, man. I believe that since we haven't been in the finals since 2010, they (the board) MUST be getting frustrated and have told Cartwright enough is enough. Yes, Cartwright would be okay with the dough but money can come and go but he should be fine..it would be more in regard to Zillman, if anything.

None of us know what was said though, it's all predictions at this point.

There is a zero percent chance the board had any input into team selections or procedures. It is not their job to do so. It is their job to give him performance targets and assess him against those targets. This has not happened in hand past.

The Director of Football, you know who, should be held directly responsible for all these decisions. Recruitment, juniors, positions, contract extendions.

It's ridiculous. I can't believe he isn't lined up over this.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone have an organisational flow chart of the Titans organisation?

Specifically Football Operations.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    * regardless of what I think of Carty or any coach in the future I am sure the Board will not get involved in team selections, and neither they should
    Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    There is a zero percent chance the board had any input into team selections or procedures. It is not their job to do so. It is their job to give him performance targets and assess him against those targets. This has not happened in hand past.
    Exactly. +1.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    Does anyone have an organisational flow chart of the Titans organisation?
    Last edited by C-Whiz; 03-07-14 at 06:15 AM.

Hahahahaha!! Very good C-Whiz.

So have we heard what the result of the board meeting was.... In the know????

Banned

Thats just about right C-Whiz just got to add Carty in there somewhere. To answer you question ozynorts I have nothing concrete on what is happening as once I handed in my resignation yesterday I was put on restricted access until I leave in 2 weeks. I have been asked to do a financial audit of the club though so maybe there trying to find the money to sack Carty.

Surely we can get some of the pubs across the Coast to do a Chook Raffle or Meat Tray raffles over a weekend to raise the capital to pay Carty out? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by InTheKnow View Post
    Thats just about right C-Whiz just got to add Carty in there somewhere. To answer you question ozynorts I have nothing concrete on what is happening as once I handed in my resignation yesterday I was put on restricted access until I leave in 2 weeks. I have been asked to do a financial audit of the club though so maybe there trying to find the money to sack Carty.
    lolol you've been asked to do a financial audit of the club after handing in your resignation?
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    lolol you've been asked to do a financial audit of the club after handing in your resignation?
    Yes mate. I will still be at the club for 2 weeks so I get paid for all the annual leave that I am owed. If I leave now I don't get paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Haha this.

InTheKnow you're gonna have to do a lot more to convince me that you're what you say you are bud. Not saying you're not - I'm just not convinced yet.

I know people who work there as well mate, you're more than welcome to private message me your name so that I can confirm that you're legit.

Or alternatively take a photo of yourself at Titans HQ with a teaspoon in your hand. Post it on here and then I'll believe you.

I understand you probably won't care that I'm not convinced yet, but it's understandable right? A guy comes on here when the club is struggling and people on the forum need inside information to know what's happening... you come here and claim you can fill that void by claiming you can provide that sought after information...so much so that you make an explicit name which pushes this idea and by default grants you that attention. Then posts really generic information which isn't really inside information but anyone could work out or make up...then so happens to be resigning from the position...but is asked to do a "financial audit" of the club (i actually lol'd at that post) - anyone who works in a corporate environment will find this incredibly hard to believe in the context you provided.

I don't mean to be rude or anything if you're legit. I just don't want the members of this forum to be mislead.

Your move

Gee HS ... we are on the 'net ... it doesn't matter on here ... we believe what we want to believe and we can all vent in whatever manner suits.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Haha this.

InTheKnow you're gonna have to do a lot more to convince me that you're what you say you are bud. Not saying you're not - I'm just not convinced yet.

I know people who work there as well mate, you're more than welcome to private message me your name so that I can confirm that you're legit.

Or alternatively take a photo of yourself at Titans HQ with a teaspoon in your hand. Post it on here and then I'll believe you.

I understand you probably won't care that I'm not convinced yet, but it's understandable right? A guy comes on here when the club is struggling and people on the forum need inside information to know what's happening... you come here and claim you can fill that void by claiming you can provide that sought after information...so much so that you make an explicit name which pushes this idea and by default grants you that attention. Then posts really generic information which isn't really inside information but anyone could work out or make up...then so happens to be resigning from the position...but is asked to do a "financial audit" of the club (i actually lol'd at that post) - anyone who works in a corporate environment will find this incredibly hard to believe in the context you provided.

I don't mean to be rude or anything if you're legit. I just don't want the members of this forum to be mislead.

Your move
    Brave call, but I share Hail Sezer's thoughts. I too have been reading this 'inside info' and it is extremely broad. I have very close ties to the inner-workings of the club, but am very reluctant to share any information out of respect for the people involved. What I can say is that people of extremely high persuasion are asking the same questions that everyone on here is. The answer they are getting is "Yes, it's time for a change." Of course, this is all well and good, but my connections don't have a 60% share in the club, so, it's back to C-Whiz's flowchart again.

While I have totally lost my passion and enthusiasm for this club, what hurts me most is seeing the true fans (not the blind ones) being treated with stone-cold silence. There's a huge elephant in the room here, yet the questions remain unanswered. What will it take for our local NRL team to make the finals? How many years can we continue to blame the players for numerous seasons of underperformance? Who is accountable for extending 5 year contracts and what are the consequences for these poor decisions?

Not so long ago, the colours of blue and yellow were waved with pride and a Titans logo could almost be seen on every car window or bumper. The club's big personalities were easily identifiable and kids would break their necks trying to get a glimpse of the Princes, Rogers or Laffranchi's of recent years. Fast-forward to 2014, the tumbleweeds are rolling past C-Bus, the same old plays and hit ups begin from the first minute and the energy and thirst for success seems to have completely dried up.

Am I bitter that I don't wear the lycra anymore? No way and I would've had a gutful by now regardless. Am I sad for the fans that once smiled inside that stadium? Am I sad for the grandads taking their grandkids to the footy or the mums and dads taking the family out for a treat? Absolutely. I met some wonderful people during my Titans' days - and they deserve better than this. The club shouldn't take their supporters for fools or for granted. Supporters have left and will continue to leave.

'InTheKnow', same goes for you. If you are posting with integrity, that's great. But if you aren't, you insult many good people on this forum. Alas, I have scones in the oven. I must go.

Hey Titus, did you read my email to the board? It's almost all of that.

Except for the part about lycra and scones...

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Good to see you lookin' out for the potential naive folk around these parts, mate. But rest assured, many of us are quietly sitting back to see how this one unfolds. More often than not, it makes for great entertainment.