Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Even worse; our season will be over, Henry will be despatched off to the Dragons as a failed experiment and we'll keep Cartwright.
    I really do fear this

Even worse; our season will be over, Henry will be despatched off to the Dragons as a failed experiment and we'll keep Cartwright.
    Sorry I could only give you one thumbs up. Should be about 10.

Nothing to fear HS, for sure we're keeping Cartwright and we should all be used to it by now.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

As sad as it may be, this is the inevitable outcome.

I'm beginning to think the with the rot going on here, we should be delegated to the QCup until the entire club can get their **** together and start acting like a professional Rugby League Franchise.

QLD Cup

Watching other teams this weekend. I am adjusting my Titans position prediction to 14th from 8th, only besting Cronulla now without Carney, and the Raiders who still manage to find ways to loose. All the other teams are improving, something I am yet to see with the Titans, and the top eight is wide open.

Well Titans are now 13th after the Dragons have overcome the Storm.

13th.jpg
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got the two points for a bye and we still dropped positions on the ladder. We are 6 points clear of the Roosters who still have a bye to come and we are 37 points superior with for and against. I'd say 13th is as low as we can drop.

With the Dragons looking elsewhere, we look like keeping the "dynamic duo" and TB will seem like a clairvoyant.

With the remaining games especially in the last 5-6 weeks I can't see us finishing higher than 10th.

We're 13th at the moment, aren't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    We're 13th at the moment, aren't we?
    Yep after the Dragons last night beat the Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    With the remaining games especially in the last 5-6 weeks I can't see us finishing higher than 10th.
    While I admire your optimism BT, I can't see us getting anywhere near 10th. In the last 3 seasons the team finishing 10th has had 11 wins, which means we'd have to go 5 and 5 in our last 10 games.

Given Cartwright's proven ability to get the worst out of the team at the end of the season:

2 / 10 three times
    3 / 10 once
    4 / 10 once
    6 / 10 twice (in the couple of years we made the finals)

and the fact that on current form I think the home game against the Raiders is the only game I would favour us to win (and I'm not certain about that!), I think 7 or 8 wins for the season is most likely and a bottom four finish.

If we do only pick up another win or two, even if we don't get the wooden spoon, I think this will have been the club's worst season. We will have finished it 1/16 or 2/16 and, unlike 2011, we have had 3 straight years of mediocrity ringing the alarm bells and nothing concrete has been done to improve things.

After 2011, Cartwright supposedly promised that the club would never be burdened by another wooden spoon on his watch (http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/gol...325cc1162b6f82), and while we haven't scored another one yet, we have never been anything but an also-ran.
    Last edited by Numbers; 01-07-14 at 01:33 PM.

QLD Cup

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/gol...325cc1162b6f82

That's so scary! Given those seven and we haven't gone any where. How can a coach in all conscience continue in that situation?
    Every year I've psyched myself up and looked forward to the next but that confirms no new players will make a difference......there is one common denominator to this debacle.................

I recently told my wife I'd turn over a new leaf and be positive.......the only way to do that is to start following the Suns.

The Titans need to win six of their last nine games to reach a spot in the NRL finals

THE Titans’ finals fate is still in their hands with the Gold Coast needing to win six of their last nine games to qualify for the post-season.

Wise league heads are predicting the men from the Coast will need 30 points to clinch a finals spot in the NRL this season.

Traditionally, teams with 28 points or more at the end of the season make it through.

However, the Titans’ poor for-and-against record (-18) will mean they need an extra win to be sure.

Coming off Monday night’s gritty 14-10 victory over South Sydney at ANZ Stadium, stand-in skipper William Zillman said the task was tough but possible.

“We know we’ve dug ourselves into a little bit of a hole needing to win six of the remaining nine,” Zillman said.

“It is a tough ask but we need to look forward to next weekend. Hopefully the win lifts the team’s morale.”

The momentous victory over NRL heavyweights South Sydney snapped a club record, six-game losing streak that threatened to kill off the Titans’ finals hopes.

But the match may be one both sides are willing to forget, equalling the most penalties in a game this season with 23.

Coincidentally the Titans were involved in the other game in which the whistle blowers went overboard, against the Canberra Raiders in Round 3. It’s a performance they will hope not to repeat when the Raiders visit CBus Super Stadium this weekend.

Titans coach John Cartwright said the difference in referees’ interpretation of penalties from game to game was concerning.

“(The game) was no different to the way we play all year,” Cartwright said. “It is just how (the referees) interpret the rules in the tackles.

“I feel for the players most because they are getting ridiculed for ill-discipline. Nine out of 10 times they are getting away with that type of attacking (and) all of a sudden the referee penalises them.”

Cartwright said he would “wait and see” before making a decision on playing Origin stars Greg Bird, Nate Myles and David Taylor.

An extended side of 21 has been named for the Raiders game. The biggest injury concern hangs over speed merchant David Mead.

He pulled up sore with a hamstring complaint in the Rabbitohs game and the club will monitor his progress in the coming days.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/nrl
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

14th it will be as we sink back into the mire of mediocrity.