Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Rep Player

Once we select the best 17 players every week we should make the 8 and possibly make some noise come finals time. Seeing as though we seem happy to select mediocrity and favoritism I think we will languish in 10-12th. What is worse is that you can't even hope for them to fail again this season as it will have zero impact on implementing a new coach.

Couldn't have said it better 5YC ... I am no longer a member, don't search for live streams of our games, won't rush home from meetings nor host bbq's for the unconverted which I did every week for years ... in fact, for the first time since their inception, I only will watch a game when and if it suits the other thousand things I have to juggle every week ... 'disillusioned' sums it up.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I think we will finish 14th.
    I do not look forward to watching us like i used to, sorta a mission to watch the game, haven't been to the ground this year and doubt i will get there, alot has to change to keep me interested.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

I just went on to NRL.com & used the ladder predictor to see where we will finish & came up with 9th, for & against will cost us a semi spot i believe , here's hoping i'm wrong..

I'm going to start up a new Thread under Rugby League
    #itaintweaktospeak

I am a member and will remain so as I want to ensure an NRL team stays on the Coast. I have thought about the option of just picking a few games to go to but if I do that I am sure that I would not make the effort to attend any.
    But I have never felt this way about my team. Just knowing that a decent no nonsense coach and ridding of Searle would fix most things is hard to sit back and watch.

QLD Cup

Don't have a lot of hope this year. Maybe 9th or 10th. If the stars allign they may scrape into 7 or 8 on grit alone but with no hope of advancing. There have been few improvement this year except the form of Carter and Taylor . Getting Henry did prick my interest. But I didn't renew my membership. I still watch every game, read every newspaper article, read every forum posting, maybe I should get a life? Last games first half was the most exciting 40 minutes of the season, but there was always the knowledge that the second half would be a downer. I don't think a single player will change things. I can't tell if there is a thoughtful leader in the team or is it just that there is a plan to be stuck to no matter what? but the old saying that if you do the same thing all the time you will get the same result, holds true. Same coach, same players, same excuses, same missed tackles, same inability to steamroll another team, same inability to score from anything other than opportunism. The players make effort, and I guess Carty does too, but there is need for a new broom. The club can not afford another year of mediocrity.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Couldn't have said it better 5YC ... I am no longer a member, don't search for live streams of our games, won't rush home from meetings nor host bbq's for the unconverted which I did every week for years ... in fact, for the first time since their inception, I only will watch a game when and if it suits the other thousand things I have to juggle every week ... 'disillusioned' sums it up.
    I get the feeling a lot of people have gone through similar circumstances as you on the Gold Coast. I've asked this question a few times but how can they possibly turn things around to get the public back on their side?

I remember the initial suggestions were that results would make a difference but we have seen the team sit on top of the ladder this year and it didn't really make any difference. The other two suggestions I've heard were for Carty to be sacked and the team to start playing an exciting brand of footy. I don't think either of those things are going to occur in the near future so that is a bit of a lost cause.

I just wonder how much of an impact the whole Centre of Ex situation really had on the tradie population of the GC. Just talking to the average Gold Coaster these days, it's not the same as it used to be. You barely see Titans jerseys (outside of games) where as I used to see one almost every time I left the house 5 or so years ago. People just don't seem to be as proud of the team as they used to be and, I dare say, quite a few of them returned to the team they supported before the Titans were established.

Perhaps a better question is whether the Titans are actually capable of turning a vast majority of the public's perception around or has the brand been so tarnished that it is unsalvageable? I don't have an answer for this because I have reasons to believe either is the case.

It's time for you to go Matchu.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    It's time for you to go Matchu.
    Titan_Matchu (my ex roommate) got banned quite a while ago if I'm not mistaken. Show me something I've done wrong (that others haven't, yourself included) and I'll leave.

Quote Originally Posted by CoastSportsFan View Post
    Titan_Matchu (my ex roommate) got banned quite a while ago if I'm not mistaken. Show me something I've done wrong (that others haven't, yourself included) and I'll leave.
    I don't think that was an invite
    #itaintweaktospeak

*Ahem*

For some reason I am hesitating between 8th and 9th. I was euphoric in the first few weeks, but I have this feeling the matches from last weeks will come haunt us near the end of the regular season.
    Aiming for the title farthest away fan

I thought 6th was possible before the 9's, and still think 6th is possible.

Not counting any chickens though, but my $34-1 for minor premiers isn't looking great right now.

Really depends on form of other teams. It still isn't impossible.

I want the team to do well, but, if we make the 8 the pressure on Cartwright is relieved. If we finish lower than 10th the media scrutiny will be fierce, especially after Price getting the punt mid season after leading the comp in the early rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    I want the team to do well, but, if we make the 8 the pressure on Cartwright is relieved. If we finish lower than 10th the media scrutiny will be fierce, especially after Price getting the punt mid season after leading the comp in the early rounds.
    Of course what will happen is that the Titans will stagger along picking up a win here and there to relieve pressure on the coach. As you say the pressure will be on if we finish lower than 10th but by then Henry will have been picked up by another club and we are back to square one.