Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default where will Titans finish in 2014

since the 9's the general consensus is that we wont make the 8.

im trying not to let that showing effect my judgement too much, but looking at the other contenders, i cant see us getting there either.

we will assume that Roosters, Rabbitohs, Storm, Cowboys, Manly will 100% finish above us and likely be the top 5. Bulldogs and Sharks arent too far off either and should finish top 6 or 7.

the teams fighting for 8 will be Panthers, who have recruited well for a couple of years now and have a good coach, and knights who made final 4 last year and should really improve again, dependant on Mullens injury.

Thats 9 teams who i think are clearly above our current standard of play. I look at each of those teams and i have a fair idea of what they are about and how they will play.

i put us next along with Warriors and very maybe the broncos, but i could also see the broncs failing badly in some ways and free falling into 15th.

It leaves the Tigers, Eels, Dragons, Raiders, to round out the bottom.

History says that one of these teams could come from no where to have a breakthrough season, and i would lean towards the raiders if Stuart wasnt coaching. this suprise team would pass us and jump into top 8, but there is also usually at least one team that plummets unexpectedly, could be knights due to an injury or sharks due to ASADA rubbish. Either way one team rising and one team tanking leaves us right where we are, about 10th.

anyone want to put us higher? or much lower?

An under performing FB, a makeshift hooker, a injured halfback and apparent 5/8 prospect - noway that can possibly equal top 8
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    An under performing FB, a makeshift hooker, a injured halfback and apparent 5/8 prospect - noway that can possibly equal top 8
    I have been wanting to say something along those lines for a while but have held off. I have said before that we rank about 8th or 9th for all of these positions and that's why we finish 8th or 9th. Many comments on here fap on about our halves and yes, I agree that they have potential but are we really just comparing them to the lousy halves combinations we have had for the last few years.
    Our year will be determined by our halves - if they kick on I have no doubt we will get top 8 but if not it's goodnight. To be quite honest I don't see that our halves have the potential to be in the top 6 in the comp but I really hope those words come back to haunt me. The day we missed signing Cronk was a huge day in our history.

Banned

It's hard to be optimistic when we have lost 4 of our 5 preseason matches. I'll guess 10th but my better judgement is telling me lower. Finals seems like a pipe dream at this point.

We just haven't got it in key positions ... we are stronger in areas that aren't so important and then we dilute our strength by playing Myles out of position and pandering to Minichiello and Harrison. We will be lucky to finish 9-12 but probably 11th as we may sneak over one of the other bottom feeders.
    Last edited by Titanic; 22-02-14 at 11:25 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

You are right DB, when making a call if we will make the 8 or not its important to look at the other sides and it's hard to argue with what you have said.

Also right that there will be at least one bolter from the bottom. Raiders would have been a good pick if it wasnt for Stuart.

I guess it's time to pick our Top 8s. Im thinking we will be 10th. But this wont stop me following the team in 2014.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

12th Im afraid.

11th - Unless someone can confirm the boys were just holding back at the 9's and trials to not overplay their hand.
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

Top 8 for me is-

Roosters
    Cowboys
    Warriors
    Manly
    Titans
    Storm
    Knights
    Souths

13 -14th i think, i am hoping for better but my Heart is telling me other wise
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

we aren't getting anywhere near the 8 - again.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Im thinking we will be 10th. But this wont stop me following the team in 2014.
    I admire your passion DIEHARD. Unfortunately most Gold Coasters don't share the same philosophy.

Junior

On trial form we look unlikely to make it anywhere near the eight. Still isnt going to stop me from backing them and I truly believe we have the team to make a dent in the comp. IMO A large component of our ineptness is due to attitude, whether it is defensive or offensive, our attitude just seems down.. An athletes psychology or 'attitude' is the difference between the elite player eg NRL player, and super elite player eg SOO player.

If our boys can change their attitude then I believe many of them can progress as players.. problem is that kind of development often takes coaching..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    On trial form we look unlikely to make it anywhere near the eight. Still isnt going to stop me from backing them and I truly believe we have the team to make a dent in the comp. IMO A large component of our ineptness is due to attitude, whether it is defensive or offensive, our attitude just seems down.. An athletes psychology or 'attitude' is the difference between the elite player eg NRL player, and super elite player eg SOO player.

If our boys can change their attitude then I believe many of them can progress as players.. problem is that kind of development often takes coaching..
    Just had to make that bit bigger
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

we have diddled around since 2010 needing a new coach but unable to pull the trigger.

Cows made 3 years in a row and punted their coach, and watch how quickly broncs will turf Griff if they dont start well.

its only us that accepts a sustained period of ineptness and poor performance.