Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2014 INJURIES

They won't change anything except bring Zillman back for Tighe and Blair out for Sezer
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

So you think Zillman will play left centre? I'd be happy if this is the case. Not sure they'll put Mead and Gordon together on the left side, but they could shuffle Blair out. I hope Don retains his place as he was excellent yesterday.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

If Cartwright had any sense at all he would drop Gordon and bring in KFFL, leave Mead at 1, leave Sezer out, leave Taylor at left centre if Tighe is injured and re-jig his forward pack but then again he's 4 from 5

As for injuries, I think Blair will slot straight into Tighe's spot if Sezer is fit. Zillman will be given his #1 back, pushing mead back to wing and don out of the side. Falloon may have some time off for his lifting tackle, meaning either Irwin will come in (he played off the bench for tweed this w.e, so not sure if he's upto it yet), or Carter plays 60mins with Harro etc shifting there for 10mins each half. James has to come in if fit, so should Carter be elevated to starting hooker (and Irwin isn't fit), James can take that bench spot. I hate to see Zillman push Mead out of his best position, and Don out all together, but i think we're kidding ourselves if we don't see it coming. IMO Don has been close to our best, most consistent winger so far this year.

Calls for Blair to be retained ahead of Sezer after 1 game is blowing my mind, especially as most people had Blair being a too fat, too lazy for first grade, turnstile after rd 1. Had Sezer played within that same structure yesterday, with a similar mandate to feed his edge men early, titans win 12+ off the back of his far superior kicking game. Gordon had a good game yesterday imo and KFFL is hardly lighting QCUP up. People bag Gordon's coming in off his man - have you ever heard of a sliding defense? Have a look where his centre is each time - if gordon stays on his wing, he leaves a massive gap between himself and centre and probably gets dropped for not following a game plan/defensive instruction.

Junior

KFFL must be one of the most overrated players by a few here. Gordon hasn't played all that bad and is often left with a 2 on 1 situation. KFFL is an average player and incapable of many things Gordon can do on the field..

One can only dream that zilly comes into centre leaving Mead at fullback.. Last week I though Mead was average there, this week he was fantastic and completely out played the Qld and Australian fullback.

This thread is for injuries only

Start a new thread if u want to discuss anything else please
    #itaintweaktospeak

Sorry, my fault but now I'm injured

According to Lara on the Matty Johns show, Baily out for 2 - 3 weeks.
    James and Zillman will both be available for selection.

That should read James and Zillman will be selected ... James for Bailey (great) and Zillman for Don (not so great).

Kelly (cracked fibula) and Sezer (ankle) to miss 2 - 4 weeks according to Meyn.

New halves partnership coming up. I'm guessing Blair + Bird/Zillman but i hope not.

Cartwrong will go with Taylor at half and Harrison to 5/8. :-)

But what about Beau Henry and Hazard ????

Just looking ahead to the next three games we have Souths at home, Broncos at Suncorp and Host the Warriors at home and then a bye. Then one would hope that after the bye Kelly and Sezer will be back for the home game against the Panthers. I would hope that we only one or two losses in this time to keep us in the the eight or just outside.

Banned

Losing Kelly and Sezer at this point in the season could really hurt the team. 2-3 losses and there is a good chance they will fall out of the top 8 and we all know what happened last year when they fell out of the 8. Really need to tough out at least one win in the Souths, Broncos or Warriors games. Hopefully someone else steps up.

i took 2-3 weeks as this is week 1 (miss rep games) then maybe next week for souths and probably ready for broncs in week 3 at worst...alby is almost always ahead of schedule whenever he gets injured, guy is made of rubber or something.

how many time has he hurt his leg, going to miss a few weeks then never even misses one game?

James Roberts will be making his return this weekend for Tweed.