Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

I'll deadset spew if white misses out
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Absolutely right … Minichiello must go and take Harrison with him … James comes in, Ridge comes and Takairangi should out one of the outside backs. I don't care which of Tighe or Blair at this stage and I'm back on Gordon watch as he balances good touches with poor reads. Pity we just can't KFFL into the picture and Zillman out too … he was courageous but bloody woeful.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Nrl.com in one of there posts says Harrison is out to mid season confused ???

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

Id have Ioane before ridge.

Taka could put Tighe back over to the right side. No one missed How many times Blair could have set his winger up. If it was Jamie Lyon the game could have been over in the first half. But all in all I agree with everyone that those certain players should be enjoying retirement
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Absolutely right … Minichiello must go and take Harrison with him … James comes in, Ridge comes and Takairangi should out one of the outside backs. I don't care which of Tighe or Blair at this stage and I'm back on Gordon watch as he balances good touches with poor reads. Pity we just can't KFFL into the picture and Zillman out too … he was courageous but bloody woeful.
    AMEN!!!

Also wouldnt mind Harrison getting some mongrel about him.
    A good start would be a sleave tattoo, socks down, new hair cut and maybe a punch on in the next game.
    If he does all that he can stay.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Couldn't happen he was almost the best forward on the Park Monday night, i think he was responsible for Breaking Gallen too
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Couldn't happen he was almost the best forward on the Park Monday night, i think he was responsible for Breaking Gallen too
    Don't worry I've got the inside word, Ryan James will be playing for tweed heads this weekend.. My response was something like this hahahahahaha Cartwright is off his Head! Turns down more money from Sydney clubs to remain loyal to the titans so what do we do? Drop him to q cup and any arguement it's for fitness Nate Myles barley did any preseason were as Ryan James was one of the fittest.. And nates runs on moday proved it.

Titans v Wests Tigers preview
    By Tony Webeck, Chief Queensland Correspondent
    NRL.com
    4:17pm Wed 12th March, 2014

Titans v Wests Tigers
    Cbus Super Stadium
    Sunday 2pm (AEST)

Given, we have only seen them play once, but how do you draw a line between these two teams after their respective performances from Round 1?

The Tigers’ defence in the second half of their 44-24 loss to the Dragons suggests they spent too much time on ball-work during the pre-season, while on Monday night the Titans’ attack coughed and spluttered more often than a two-stroke scooter.

Due largely to the spark from fullback James Tedesco, the Tigers' attack looked positively breathtaking in the opening 20 minutes, yet the Titans were able to stand toe-to-toe with an injury-ravaged Sharks outfit and limp out of Remondis Stadium with the two competition points.

Every team will tell you that if you can get your defensive house in order for the opening month of the premiership the attack will soon follow, so Wests Tigers coach Mick Potter faces a far-too-early patch-up job on his side's work in defence.

Despite scoring three tries inside the opening 18 minutes of the game, the Tigers proceeded to concede five tries between the 23rd and 64th minute marks, making the second-worst attack in the competition in 2013 look like the Harlem Globetrotters.

John Cartwright's Titans face an easier task in rectifying a disjointed attack that admittedly performed in much the same way as many of the other teams in Round 1. If not for some individual brilliance from Albert Kelly they may have struggled to post many points at all but at least they line up for Round 2 knowing the defensive structures are holding firm.

Watch Out Titans: James Tedesco had played in the grand total of four NRL games when he was selected to represent City Origin in 2013 and in the first of those games he had lasted just 30 minutes.

The rugby league world empathised with a 19-year-old who had his NRL dream temporarily snatched away by an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury but two years on and 'Teddy' looks set to fulfil all that promise and more.

He wowed the massive crowds at Eden Park with his blistering speed in the Auckland Nines and when he laid on the opening Tigers try for Pat Richards and then punished Brett Morris for a dropped ball with a 60-metre scything run through the middle of the field to score one of his own all inside the first 10 minutes, City selectors started pencilling his name down again at the top of their team sheet.

He scored eight tries in 19 appearances in 2013 but it appears that two years on from his crushing knee injury and with an unforgettable experience playing for Italy in the World Cup, confidence has been fully restored, which should send alarm bells to any NRL team struggling to keep pace with the new rule interpretations.

Watch Out Wests Tigers: He may have had a misbehaving vein in his foot during the pre-season but the fast feet and even sharper football brain of Albert Kelly proved all the difference in the Titans' Round 1 win.

Although there were a couple of air-swings on other attempted intercepts – including a gaping hole he left for Tinirau Arona to score the opening try of the game – Kelly's snaffling of an Isaac De Gois pass from dummy-half close to the Titans' line that led to a 95m runaway try gave his side a 10-6 advantage at the break.

Less than two minutes into the second half he was denied a try by the video referee, who overturned the decision of the on-field officials, and when the game was there to be won with the scores locked together at 12-all with 10 minutes remaining, he threaded a grubber kick through the Sharks defence for William Zillman to pounce on and score.

With a tough, uncompromising pack of forwards and a five-eighth in Aidan Sezer who is the epitome of cool under pressure, Kelly provides the x-factor that can turn a game on its head in the blink of an eye.

Plays To Watch: Both teams used the sweeping play out the back on numerous occasions in their respective games but the speed of Tedesco made the Tigers look more dangerous; the Titans will need to communicate clearly in defence to ensure they aren't cut short.

Robbie Farah's pet play – the burrow from close to the line – delivered four points for the Wests Tigers yet again, while Beau Falloon's attempt to emulate the feat for the Titans was brought undone by a slight bobble as he tried to plant the ball under the posts.

Dave Taylor showed remarkable restraint with his offloads but if the Tigers start to look shabby on the edges you can expect the big bloke will be asking plenty of difficult questions.

Where It Will Be Won: With a rookie halfback in Luke Brooks much of the Tigers attack will come of the back of Robbie Farah's work at dummy-half. If his forwards can roll through the middle and give him time and space to play with, the Tigers dangerous outside backs will soon come into their own and Brooks will have the opportunity to showcase his full array of skills.

The Titans showed on Monday night that despite being domiciled on the glitter strip they have no fear of winning ugly, so if they can win that battle in the middle of the ruck they should have the patience and experience to finish over the top of the Tigers.

The History: Played 11; Titans 6, Tigers 5. Since the Titans' introduction in 2007 the clashes between these two sides have been fairly evenly split, with no side winning more than two games in succession. The Titans were convincing 36-6 winners when they last met the Tigers on the Gold Coast in Round 21 last year but in 2012 it was a Robbie Farah field goal that gave the Tigers a 15-14 win away from home. It was their second success on the Gold Coast in seven attempts.

Match Officials: Referees - Gerard Sutton & Dave Munro; Sideline Officials - Steve Carrall & Peter Gough; Video Referees - Bernard Sutton & Andrew Dunemann.

Televised: Channel Nine – Delayed 4pm.

The Way We See It: Although they both have plenty to work on, there's something appealing about a side that shows grit in defence and can grind out a win.

Expect the Tigers to throw plenty at the Titans early – and perhaps even score the first try of the game – but cool heads should prevail. An expected top of 31 degrees on Sunday and 2pm kick-off will also ensure there's plenty of heat on the Tigers’ defence. Titans by 10 points.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan1980 View Post
    Don't worry I've got the inside word, Ryan James will be playing for tweed heads this weekend.. My response was something like this hahahahahaha Cartwright is off his Head! Turns down more money from Sydney clubs to remain loyal to the titans so what do we do? Drop him to q cup and any arguement it's for fitness Nate Myles barley did any preseason were as Ryan James was one of the fittest.. And nates runs on moday proved it.
    A bit hard to drop one of your Captains but James should be the 2nd forward selected behind Bird & ahead of Harro & Minni everyday of the week..
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    A bit hard to drop one of your Captains but James should be the 2nd forward selected behind Bird & ahead of Harro & Minni everyday of the week..
    Sorry I'm not saying we should drop nate (I think he should be back row) I was more meaning the reason Ryan has been dropped is because of "match fitness" when we all know he was one of our fittest all pre season, and Nate was injured and played no trial.. If I had my way is drop harro and mini and bring in James and ridge

Yep '80 James should get the jersey and Myles should be in the back row but then again we should also have a coach instead of two halfsies … geez they peeve me.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    i agree with you about FFL. i think Gordon had a good last half of 2013, but his reads are not good, and the way the game is these days, most sides have got big menacing wingers who can run over multiple opponents and score or set up a try. Kev basically only scores from kicks or with a clear passage to the line. We need every possible way to the try line available.

werent too fussed with the centres, i like taka, he offers something, but im happy to give these guys a bit longer.

forwards are another story altogether...

Very disappointing to watch the first game of the year and just looked so dysfunctional we are bottom 8 for sure if we play like that our attack was pathetic on the line only cause of **** coaching our kicking was poor too giving up a 7 tackles one after the other on a positive we still have great talent in players I hope they hang in there alby is a magician just needs to calm down Fallon carter was excellent too I thought but looks like there's a lot of running to the try line that needs working out coach!

We should get a real chance to put some finishing touches to our attacking structures this game, and we know our defence will hold up. Heat/fatigue will be the biggest danger IMO. I'd suggest the youngest/fittest squad. Will be interesting to see how Coaltrain handles lugging his big frame around. For the record, I think he will be the difference between us making finals or missing the 8. His attitude and fitness. And Ryan James coming back into the squad and making damaging runs.

Alby rushing out of the line is such a 50/50 that it is hard to know whether it is a good thing or a bad idea.... so exciting when he makes it happen, but so dangerous to the defensive line when he misses. Thoughts?