Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I would go further and suggest that the franchise needs to be thrown out and the whole thing started again. THe management is a fark up, Searle is a fark up, Cartwright is a fark up, the players are a fark up, junior development is a fark up and community engagement is a fark up. We have no Board and no credibility … the whole thing is a freakin' fark up.
    Tell us what you really farkin think titanic.

I would go further and suggest that the franchise needs to be thrown out and the whole thing started again. THe management is a fark up, Searle is a fark up, Cartwright is a fark up, the players are a fark up, junior development is a fark up and community engagement is a fark up. We have no Board and no credibility … the whole thing is a freakin' fark up.
    Yup, which is why I was prepared for the worse last year when ARLC considered to step in. If the Titans lose their identity in the process, so be it. A new franchise can be reborn. It was ludicrous to let one man own an entire franchise in the first place..

I'll even chip in to help Pete get a cover up of his beloved tatt with the logo, if need be.

double post

I agree it is hard to be positive about much at the moment. Why is the formation of the board taking so long? One might suggest that one bloke in the background is in no hurry to see that happen as it would dilute his power - unless of course his mates are on it. In business, if I offered my mate who was useless at his job a five year extension, I would be gone in a shot. If you did this in Government there would be an enquiry, probably even a referral to the CMC. But accountability here - not a chance.

Does anyone have Graham Annersley email address at all? If pm me please.

Oh here we go lol.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    You are probably right. Hahahah.

Yesterday kind of looked like a under 12 match by the Titans as the game plan looked like " get ball to Alby and hope for the best ". Kind of like school boys where you always pass it to your best
    Players hoping they can do something.

Been a season ticket holder from the start. Yesterday's performance (on the back of the last three season) has lead to my first post on this site...

Not sure if this was mentioned earlier in this thread as I've only looked at the last half a dozen or so pages, but one of the things I find most perplexing in regards to how the club is being run is that in the off-season, after leading the team to 27 wins out of 72 games in the previous three years, John Cartwright was actually given a $50,000 a season increase in salary for the remaining three years of his contract (http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226732470426). Apparently to stop him being poached by Parramatta!

Also, what is going on with our player development? The NYC team is continually near the bottom of the table, the QLD Cup teams aren't setting the world on fire and of the starting 13 yesterday I think the only two players who hadn't come through another club's system were the two wingers (and they've both been around for years). Yes, Ridge was on the bench and there are some others (James, Srama and Irwin) who could be playing first grade but given the club is now in its eighth year in the NRL, it seems like very slim pickings.

The only we can salvage our season is Moving Alby to fullback. He can then call for the ball and support the runners without having to worry about the playmaking and guiding the team around.It would also mean he is not in the first line in defence and he would be a BETTER FULLBACK THAN ZILLMAN ANYWAY-

1 - Kelly
    2 - Gordon
    3 - Takarangi
    4- ????
    5 - Mead
    6 - Sezer
    7 - ?????

Bring back Taka cause at least he made the defence think and did create for his outside wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers66 View Post
    The only we can salvage our season is Moving Alby to fullback. He can then call for the ball and support the runners without having to worry about the playmaking and guiding the team around.It would also mean he is not in the first line in defence and he would be a BETTER FULLBACK THAN ZILLMAN ANYWAY-

1 - Kelly
    2 - Gordon
    3 - Takarangi
    4- ????
    5 - Mead
    6 - Sezer
    7 - ?????

Bring back Taka cause at least he made the defence think and did create for his outside wing.
    In that senario you actually need a 6, because Sezer is a 7 all day long
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    In that senario you actually need a 6, because Sezer is a 7 all day long
    Easy throw what we have left in the salary cap at DCE OR Cronk. Hahah I wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
    Been a season ticket holder from the start. Yesterday's performance (on the back of the last three season) has lead to my first post on this site...

Not sure if this was mentioned earlier in this thread as I've only looked at the last half a dozen or so pages, but one of the things I find most perplexing in regards to how the club is being run is that in the off-season, after leading the team to 27 wins out of 72 games in the previous three years, John Cartwright was actually given a $50,000 a season increase in salary for the remaining three years of his contract (http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226732470426). Apparently to stop him being poached by Parramatta!

Also, what is going on with our player development? The NYC team is continually near the bottom of the table, the QLD Cup teams aren't setting the world on fire and of the starting 13 yesterday I think the only two players who hadn't come through another club's system were the two wingers (and they've both been around for years). Yes, Ridge was on the bench and there are some others (James, Srama and Irwin) who could be playing first grade but given the club is now in its eighth year in the NRL, it seems like very slim pickings.
    Great first post mate and I think that all and sundry on this forum would agree with you.

There are a couple of reasons that I can think of Carty got a pay rise. Not sure if close to the truth but just thoughts I had.
    1. Probably can't pay the Head Coach more than the assistant Neil Henry.
    2. New contract means new contract conditions and terms. For example Cartys prior contract may not have had CLEAR performance KPI's in the contract. I would hope that there are now clear performance KPIs built in so that if Carty does not meet them then the club can terminate his employment. This would be inline with any job that you or I would have.

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers View Post

Welcome mate and good post. It's a shame that the build up of frustration led to your first post but I put a lot of faith in people power. Can't agree more with what you have said particularly in relation to junior development.
    As for Carty's increase, well that is really worth $200,000 when you add it to the years he has left and means a bigger payout if he gets the chop. I gather his mate arranged it for him.
    I have also been a ticket holder from the start and I take no pleasure at all from slagging off at the coach and I was one of the last to start bagging him. However three years of boring footy with poor results means something should be done - other than giving him a payrise.