Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RichOs69 View Post
    trying to add a picture ... says ive quota 80 kb used 82 (only 2 images) no option to remove them!
    If you need a hand email them to me at diehardtitan@gmail.com
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Wests Tigers welcome Richards back with victory over Gold Coast Titans

The oppressive conditions could not have been more different to those in Wigan where he set multiple records, but veteran winger Pat Richards helped Wests Tigers bury Gold Coast on what was accurately marketed as "White Hot Sunday".

Temperatures in the middle of the newly renamed CBUS Super Stadium topped 40 degrees; drinks breaks and an extended half-time would have done little to assuage the distress of the 34 players involved in Wests Tigers' 42-12 win over the seemingly exhausted Titans.

Richards, returning to the NRL after a stellar eight years in Super League, scored his first try after four minutes and another in the 31st, and booted goals from all over - 7/8 for an 18-point indidual tally, in a dominant performance from the joint venture.

The game was only four minutes old when Richards scored the first of his tries, from a simple overlap, in the north-western corner. He was unable to convert but had no trouble three minutes later when fullback James Tedesco crossed much closer to the posts after a kick from a sharp-looking Luke Brooks.

Wests Tigers looked to have taken an early stranglehold at 17 minutes, replacement Marty Taupau charging at the line and appearing to have grounded the ball one-handed. But after repeated viewings, video referees Bernard Sutton and Andrew Dunemann chalked off the try.

"They've had a look at it and they've found he was short of the line and then lost it," referee Gerard Sutton told Wests Tigers captain Robbie Farah.

Hooker Farah responded: "What? They had to look at it 15 times! It's inconclusive."

While travelling well on the scoreboard, the joint venture side lost centre Chris Lawrence to a hamstring injury with less than quarter of the game played. Cory Paterson, who replaced him in the centres, was among his side's best.

After replacement Sauaso Suu was booked for diving at the legs of Titans kicker Aiden Sezer, the five-eighth showed no ill-effects when he crossed in the 23rd minute off a Greg Bird break and converted himself, leaving the home side closer than it probably deserved to be.

But after the outstanding Tedesco executed a try-saving ankle-tap on Albert Kelly, Wests Tigers extended their lead when Richards scored in similar circumstances to his first with nine minutes remaining in the half, outdoing his previous effort by converting from the sidelines.

Former Titan Boden Thompson then hammered in another nail in the shadows of half-time by fielding Braith Anasta's bomb for a try confirmed by the video referees.

Paterson was denied a try when the ball bounced off the posts two minutes into the second half; Bird fumbled but replays showed Wests Tigers' James Gavet getting a hand to Steeden.

But less than another 60 seconds elapsed before late inclusion David Nofaluma scored after some smart lead-up by Brooks. Shortly before the second drinks break, Tapau made up for his ealier near miss by steamrolling over for another.

Brooks completed the scoring with a try in the 71st minute.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...#ixzz2w7Oh4rxH

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I walked out with 15 to go disgraceful performance , I'm sure we will blame the heat because it obviously had the same effect on the Tigers......the plus side is ....nothing but we do have the 16th best Fullback in the comp or no that's probably not right
    Agreed... Where's our Tedesco? oh that's right playing Rugby7s...lol

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    memory is fuzzy, but this is up there with Prestos final game as far as poor effort goes.
    That was also against the Tigers from memory??

OK... So the game today was one many of us would like forget...
    -The final score was embarrassing despite how much I held up a "THIS IS OUR HOUSE" banner...(jokes on me right)
    -The team 'performed' very poorly and gave up quite easily...(related to the next point)
    -The weather was unbelievable, but what is more unbelievable is that fact that the NRL keeps scheduling these games year after year...(like people have mentioned, wheres the duty of care?)

But there are some positives from today's game....
    -We didn't put in much effort which means we'll be fighting fit next week right??????????????????????????

Seriously though....
    -Despite the weather, I personally had a great day out with family...
    -Plenty of alcohol, plenty of yelling at opposition players thanks to my new seats on the sidelines...
    -I found out the Member's Bar sells Frozen Canadian Club n Coke Slushies... (helped with the heat)
    -Also members was allowed out onto the field after the game which is something I feel made up for the heat...

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

For those that want to relive today....

<script height="349px" width="620px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=81bf83eab75d4bf3af515695a41e5b38&ec =QzbGs3bDorfZvZJfdxesvdIeTJXuA1wZ"></script>

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_89 View Post
    Seriously though....
    -Plenty of alcohol, plenty of yelling at opposition players thanks to my new seats on the sidelines...
    -I found out the Member's Bar sells Frozen Canadian Club n Coke Slushies... (helped with the heat)
    -Also members was allowed out onto the field after the game which is something I feel made up for the heat...
    Ah it's good to read some positives!

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GCT_89 View Post
    Seriously though....
    Ah it's good to read some positives!
    SERIOUSLY though, those slushies were amazing! ...lol

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Yeah although I'm whinging on here. I stopped whinging to the missus as I still had a great day and didn't want it to seem like I didn't enjoy our family day out. had to work this morning, but my wife and three year old met me at my work and they both came in to my shop in there jerseys, my little one clutching her 'blade' titans toy, yelling we going to the foootballll!!! And daddy had a titans shirt toooooo. She was so excited. She was literally in the car on way to train station singing 'we going to the football' , we going to the titans' over and over.

Shes been asking all week about seeing the pink piggy ( hogs breath mascot) and the 'raffe ( zarraffas) and blade. She met all three, got a photo and was really coy when she saw them, but was high giving by the end.

This is was also in our new 2nd row seats too. Which were great for feeling more involved in the play and the action of a day at the footy.

Shame the team didn't make if a perfect day, but that part is out of my control.

Some snippets from comments on the GCT facebook.,,

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell Alderton
    My name is Robert Alderton my family and I are foundation members of the Gold Coast Titans. When I lived in Sydney and played football I was a Penrith junior and also followed Penrith until I moved to the Gold Coast in 2003. When I heard the Gold Coast was trying to get there own football team again I was very excited. We as a family were probably one of the first family's to put up there hands and gain season membership. We have always looked forward to going to the titans home games as well as some away games. Let it be said on Sunday the 16th of March 2014 I witnessed the greatest crock of crap I have ever seen in my life.

Yes, I know it was hot but there waS 2 teams out there playing and it seems to me and many others that one team didn't want to be there. It must be very embarrassing to look up into the stands and see people walking out and not returning at half time. The Gold Coast officials are trying to encourage new members and their family to watch sport, someone must be accountable for the rubbish that was served up.

It seems to me the Gold Coast Suns are making giant steps in there sport, and the titans seem to be going backwards. In two weeks time the titans take on the Cowboys on Monday night. A few seasons back when the titans took on the Cowboys there was 27,000 fans there. But in two weeks time when this match is repeated you may be lucky to get 10,000 which 8,000 of those could be Cowboy supporters. So titans officials wake up as the supporters will not cop this crap much longer. What needs to be said each player needs to be accountable for there actions and if they don't perform they should be dropped to the QLD Cup.

I know it's good to be mates with your players but sometimes the coach has to make some hard decisions.

The voice over guy on that highlights package was talking in a tone of voice that made me feel like he was apologising to me for having to watch it...

Yeah although I'm whinging on here. I stopped whinging to the missus as I still had a great day and didn't want it to seem like I didn't enjoy our family day out. had to work this morning, but my wife and three year old met me at my work and they both came in to my shop in there jerseys, my little one clutching her 'blade' titans toy, yelling we going to the foootballll!!! And daddy had a titans shirt toooooo. She was so excited. She was literally in the car on way to train station singing 'we going to the football' , we going to the titans' over and over.

Shes been asking all week about seeing the pink piggy ( hogs breath mascot) and the 'raffe ( zarraffas) and blade. She met all three, got a photo and was really coy when she saw them, but was high giving by the end.

This is was also in our new 2nd row seats too. Which were great for feeling more involved in the play and the action of a day at the footy.

Shame the team didn't make if a perfect day, but that part is out of my control.
    The problem is that the people who do have the control are not doing anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme Leckey
    The hardest decision the coach needs to make is to resign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Rhodes
    Brilliant effort againest the wooden spoon favourites at home, sign Cartwright for another 10 years , he really knows how to get a team with an origin laden forward pack going forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yild Fourgenesis
    Welcome to 2014..same as 2013..and 2012..and...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tylie Widdison
    As a GC local and member although you aren't my team (am not a member this year). Advice to marketing to pass onto the board. No bums on seats despite your free kids promo. Appalling performance by a good pack however rubbish coach. Any Sydney or Brisbane club for that matter would have sacked JC long ago. Get out of your boys/handshake club mentality. GC Suns last night would have been at least 25k there, activity for kids, membership affordable and more importantly Performance. Sack JC, get rid nof Bailey put money into your juniors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Judith Newman
    Well done finding a photo of us actually moving forward with the ball. Dreadful performance, how is Cartwright not to blame.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade Stubbs
    There won't be a titans if u don't consider the fans opinions!! We r the ones that pay the money or as we have seen not pay the money to go! Something has to change guys!! Carty is the first that needs to go
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell O'Brien
    Do the right thing Carty and stand down. You've tried but failed to move the club forward. Results put bum on seats or on today's performance see them stay at home or go to the beach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Dowell
    Very disappointing titans!! I've followed the team since 2007! Where was the pride and passion today? The boys have been training for 4 months and there was 0 structure today! I'm not going to single anyone out but I'm sure the fans agree today was very ordinary today. It's early in the season - lets keep positive. But I do agree with other fans no more piss poor excuses!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Stone
    Im a titans fan but there comes a point when things need to change and tgat wasn't even tigers strongest team
    Quote Originally Posted by Melinda Laurence
    Wow, watch the press conference and tell me that that's not a coach that has just no idea where to go from here???

I know mate. I just used to stew on matches like today all week, searching for answers... Then realised it's not in my control, stress less.

I know now enjoy it for what it is, get up down for a few hours on the weekend then try push it aside. I'm too grumpy for my family and my work if I don't make that choice.

That's great to hear mate....

Shame they didn't perform, but as you said it's out of our control...

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Really disappointing day and hard to read all the reactions of fans. Check in later tonight perhaps.

Check out https://www.facebook.com/AretemArt/ he is a good cartoonist!