Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Our club the Gold Coast Titans are in some serious trouble!
    As a club we are currently like deer in the headlights stuck in a worsening status quo and with little movement allowable or foreseeable.
    We have made in hindsight some terrible decisions that are debilitating our ability to move and progress in almost all parts of the organisation.
    Firstly, our financial position albeit better than the real dark times still cripples our ability to act swiftly for the betterment of the organisation. Our decision to invest in the Centre of Excellence was in hindsight a poor one once the global financial crisis hit and affecting our image amongst the most loyal of fans…the tradies of the Gold Coast.
    Secondly, having a coach on a 5 year contract and other players on similar length contracts has proven to be an absolute disaster…even the great Cameron Smith didn’t have a contract that long. Our side appears/looks old and our youth are just not there yet…is there truly a leader marshalling and organising their troops or just leaders trying to be out in front whilst behind them is a disorganised rabble.
    Thirdly, we seem to lack the ability to nurture our youth into the next generation of footballers and even when they show promise we seem to let them go…a good examples of this are Cooper at the Cowboys and Lawrence at Manly. Our NYC sides are atrocious and seem to be a worse predicament than our top side.
    Fourthly, our performances are so bad it is affecting our ability to draw upon the real lifeblood of the club…the fans! We have the potential to bleed the peripheral fans that we need to make up the numbers past our paid members! And unless we have optimism like Penrith is currently experiencing at present…we will have a cricket team for a crowd by the end of the season.
    Fifthly, our performances are so bad the tv ratings for our side demand we get a terrible draw each year and sides like the ponies have a stable, favourable draw that makes them stronger.
    Sixthly, we still don’t have a board and even if we did many would question their ability to be autonomous.
    We are a club stuck between a rock and a hard place with a need for someone to make some really tough decisions at the highest levels.
    As I said I think we may just be in for a real rough ride.

This is the first nail in the coaching groups coffin this year. And yes I mean the whole coaching group. The team was flat and listless from kickoff. This bullocks that they struggle to back up after a Monday night game is a cop out. Yes they played on a Monday night but they have had 6 days to recover. How is that different to playing on a Sunday and then on the following Saturday?
    Get rid of the entire coaching group, put a broom through the lot including Henry. I want a clean start with someone that hasn't been involved previously.
    Ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr very p'oed right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I paid $1100 to watch this. The worst i have seen for 3 years ..
    haha i was so excited this week as i just moved to the Western PREMIUM seating...nice debut on the sideline for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I walked out with 15 to go disgraceful performance , I'm sure we will blame the heat because it obviously had the same effect on the Tigers......the plus side is ....nothing but we do have the 16th best Fullback in the comp or no that's probably not right
    Zillman would be below 20th. pick all other 15 NRL fullbacks, then throw in fullbacks playing in other positions like Gidley, Hoffman, Reece Robinson, Peter Hiku, Will Hopoate, nightingale and morris from dragons both better...it goes on. Then you could name quite a few q cup and 20s probably....aargggh.

It was like watching the Seagulls again, except at least they usually had a dig.

the players who looked like they were trying were Bird, Alby, Bailey and maybe Carter while he was on.

Right now harrison and Myles dont deserve to be in this team, they just waste tackles and space. James would have fired up and put in.

It was a long way from NRL standard and i would br suprised if some of the Q cup teams wouldnt have beaten us.

as a team we lack so many basic skills, and for a team that plays with such limited scope, we need to be nailing that stuff.

*terrible first contact when tackling, giving up heaps of metres and often tackle breaks.
    *catch and passing way to slow for the pace of the game. defenders were on top of us all the time. no depth at all.ever.
    *poor bomb catching, Zillman as usual, plus he had a buddy today in Mead.
    *tactical kicking was piss poor, letting harro kick was so poor. and sezer bombing straight up and down lets the wingers just stand and takes out any guess work. tigers kicks lower and across to make it a tougher catch and more of a contest.
    *General effort was so weak considering the heat was meant to work to our benefit, not theres.

also, from my closer seat, some of the coaching staff walking by look to have sense of superiority and air of arrogance. Like just being a coach or runner or involved in the big dance is enough...

I said to my wife many times, i dont mind losing. some of our best efofrts have been losses. but we have to compete. They need to look like they care that fans are stumping up cash to sit in the sun. And we need to be moving forwards. we did neither and thats what leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

on the other hand, Tedesco was bloody briliant... he is a star in the making. A tatts free dugan.

NRL.com
    By Tony Webeck 6:40pm Sun 16th March, 2014

The coach pitied the 12,000 fans who turned out to watch and the co-captain laid blame at his own feet but both John Cartwright and Greg Bird are adamant the Titans can bounce back from a horror showing against the Tigers.

After conceding the opening two tries inside 10 minutes the Titans clawed their way back to 10-6 at the half-hour mark but two further tries before half-time and a litany of Gold Coast errors killed the game off as a contest, the visitors running out 42-12 victors for their first win of the year.

Despite the extreme heat and a virus that affected the team during the week and prevented Mark Minichiello from taking his place in the side, Cartwright was at a loss to explain such a poor display but won't shy away from dissecting where it all went wrong.

"You've got to address it, you've got to face it. I did feel for the people that stayed until the end there and watched it, it was ugly," Cartwright said in the immediate aftermath.

"You've got to put that to one side. It was uncharacteristic for the group and we've just got to sweep it aside. We'll deal with it tomorrow and then from Tuesday we've just got to look forward to Canberra [next Sunday].

"I'm not going to make any excuses, it was a bad display by the team and I can't paint any other picture. We were poor and made a lot of errors and suffered defensively because of it."

The Titans made 18 errors and missed 32 tackles (compared to just seven for the Tigers) and Bird lay the blame squarely at individuals failing to play within the structure of the team.

Throughout the 80 minutes the Titans seemed directionless and working from 13 different game-plans but Bird believes it can be rectified by answering up to some hard truths.

"Usually when we get behind we get together and work our way out of it as a team but I think everyone got a bit individual out there and tried to do it on their own and then all the individuals pretty much were making individual errors," said Bird, who is hopeful that a shoulder injury was not as serious as first feared.

"Dropped balls, missed tackles and we weren't working as a group and I think it showed.

"Like John said, we've got to address everything that we did wrong, we can't just brush it off like it didn't happen. A lot of individuals need to improve on their performances out there, and I'm probably one of them in defence.

"The good thing about rugby league and this early in the season, we can make amends quite quickly next week."

memory is fuzzy, but this is up there with Prestos final game as far as poor effort goes.

I going to look at the positives and hope for 3 more gameslike this in the next month and HOPE ccarty is sacked

Im back, my computer didnt like the result either and crashed!

We definitely need a new coaching group. It goes beyond Cartwright.

Im really concerned, there is such a backlash going on.

We have fans of the highest calibre walking out, so many talented and creative people disenchanted with the club, Titans Members on fb saying they will go support the Suns.

And apparently water ran out at some or all of the stands?!?! Where is the duty of care. I want it given away but no one thought to order more?

I agree with those that say there are people in our side that dont deserve to be there.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titans CEO apologises to fans for hot day

Gold Coast chief executive Graham Annesley has taken a swipe at NRL scheduling, apologising to fans for the excessive heat they had to endure in their home match against Wests Tigers.

As the Titans wilted on the ground, slumping to a 42-12 defeat, a significant portion of the 12,038 fans were forced to bake in the sun as temperatures neared 40 degrees Celsius for the Sunday afternoon fixture.

The Titans had offered a special deal for fans sitting in the eastern grandstand whereby a child could enter the ground for free with a paying adult.

Unfortunately the eastern grandstand was largely in direct sunlight for most of the game and Annesley issued an open letter saying he'll take up the matter with the NRL.

"Apart from everyone's obvious disappointment with the score line today, I just want to acknowledge the oppressive conditions most of you had to endure throughout the afternoon," Annesley wrote.

"While we can't do anything about the weather, I intend to continue to take up the issue of early season day games with the NRL in an attempt to ensure this is not allowed to happen again.

"With approximately 50 per cent of all seats in direct sunlight for the entire afternoon it is clearly not fair to members or casual fans."

Annesley said it was disappointing the weather may have spoiled the day for many fans and he would be doing all he could to prevent a similar schedule next season.

http://www.sbs.com.au/

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Come off it, the Titans knew that stand would be in full sunlight, so dont blame the NRL. That was a dumb promotion.

Yes the NRL is guilty of treating us poorly, but the club is guilty of stupid promotion when they they knew the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Im back, my computer didnt like the result either and crashed!

We definitely need a new coaching group. It goes beyond Cartwright.

Im really concerned, there is such a backlash going on.

We have fans of the highest calibre walking out, so many talented and creative people disenchanted with the club, Titans Members on fb saying they will go support the Suns.

And apparently water ran out at some or all of the stands?!?! Where is the duty of care. I want it given away but no one thought to order more?

I agree with those that say there are people in our side that dont deserve to be there.
    yeah the couple of stands i went to it was all gone BEFORE the game. i was in shade so wasnt too fussed. forgot how bad that would have been for fans in the hot sun.

water has a decent shelf life, no dramas in having a few extras is there. imagine if 12,000 people actually went how quickly it would have sold out.

The NRL should throw some money at these types of games, for the sake of fan's comfort and safety. Same in extreme wet weather, I want to see ponchos given out.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    yeah the couple of stands i went to it was all gone BEFORE the game. i was in shade so wasnt too fussed. forgot how bad that would have been for fans in the hot sun.

water has a decent shelf life, no dramas in having a few extras is there. imagine if 12,000 people actually went how quickly it would have sold out.
    This is a minor thing in the context of the shambles that the club is in today but when I was having my bag checked at the gate a woman in front of me was stopped for having an unopened bottle of water. They told her to check it in at the cloak room! I heard her say to her husband that she wasn't and they were going home. Other than I wish that was me going home early it is yet another nail in to the supporters. I raised this some time ago but you can take that and chips etc in to the Gabba yet you can't at Robina and they are run by the same mob.

Same in extreme wet weather, I want to see ponchos given out.
    Could've done with a few spew bags given out before the game today...

Just read the post above with the quotes from Carty and Bird. I guess they can't say anything else but one of the howlers for me was when we got a penalty 35 metres out from the Tigers line and about 15 metres in from the sideline. A perfect angle to put a kick out and be taking a tap about 15 metres out. We took a tap where the penalty was awarded.
    If that is not the sign of a poorly coached side then............ah stuff it why bother. It has all been said before.

trying to add a picture ... says ive quota 80 kb used 82 (only 2 images) no option to remove them!
    Get up and play the ball ya sook