Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    OMG...that was such a disjointed performance but with that we still won against a weakened Sharks outfit. Much work to be done with cohesion in attack. Our decoy runners look so timid and unlikely to get the ball that the defence just slid off to runner. MUST USE TAYLOR more often as a decoy runner or to actually hit him short....apart from that we just don't seem to have a threatening wide runner.
    Have never seen our back three drop so much ball...messy!
    I thought Blair was good in defence and despite not having much opportunity with the ball did ok.
    I'm with you mate. Yes I agree with most of the negative comments made by others but let's enjoy the win. To me it is a good sign to play pretty ordinary but still win away and I thought there were a few better signs in attack. Alby an obvious man of the match. If we knock over the Tigers a 2-0 start would be very handy.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 10-03-14 at 09:22 PM.

That was painful to watch, a win is a win, but it is like watching the same game s i was watching 3 years ago WTF?
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    That was painful to watch, a win is a win, but it is like watching the same game s i was watching 3 years ago WTF?
    last negative comment from me, it was horrible to watch. Solid bottom 8 effort.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Gold Coast Titans upset Cronulla Sharks 18-12 at Remondis Stadium

CRONULLA’S difficult start to the 2014 NRL season continued on Monday with the Gold Coast recording an 18-12 win over the Sharks at Remondis Stadium.

With coach Shane Flanagan failing in his appeal to overturn a 12-month ban from the NRL last week, the Sharks, already without Todd Carney, Jeff Robson, Beau Ryan and Chris Heighington, lost talismanic skipper Paul Gallen with a potentially serious ankle injury.

Gallen, who was celebrating his 233rd appearance for the Sharks - second behind club great Andrew Ettingshausen - was helped off late in the first half after being held up in a tackle by Titans duo Luke Bailey and Matt White.

The Titans were deserving winners, claiming the two points with a William Zillman try nine minutes from time following a smart grubber-kick from former Shark Albert Kelly.

John Cartwright’s side dominated the opening exchanges but had nothing to show for their dominance and the hosts took the lead against the run of play when new signing Tinirau Arona darted over from close range.

Michael Gordon added the extras to open up a 6-0 lead, but the outstanding Greg Bird, another former Shark, helped level the scores when he bulldozed his way over the line after 25 minutes before Kelly raced away with 90-metre interception for four points.

Titans five-eighth Aidan Sezer missed the kick, giving the visitors a 10-6 lead at halftime.

The second half saw the Sharks control the early passages of play and they regained the lead when Wade Graham’s effort - disallowed by the on-field officials - was overruled by the video referee and Gordon kicked the goal.

A Sezer penalty put the Titans back on level terms before fullback Zillman got the final touch to Kelly’s kick to give his side a winning start to the new campaign.

Titans prop Luke Douglas set a new record with his 195th successive NRL match.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    OMG...that was such a disjointed performance and we still won!
    I really hope we are not still saying that in 6 weeks time....

I've worked my butt off and only just got it up now. Player Profiles will be modified later, just threw them together to get it up.

Moejoe Award / Player of the Year

http://www.leagueoftitans.com.au/poty.php

Link also in main menu in under the home tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    I've worked my butt off and only just got it up now. Player Profiles will be modified later, just threw them together to get it up.

Moejoe Award / Player of the Year

http://www.leagueoftitans.com.au/poty.php

Link also in main menu in under the home tab.
    cool, voted already

I wasn't going to comment at all but a win is a win

but gee we were terrible … terrible like 2011, terrible like 2012, terrible like 2013 … terribly disappointing.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Woohoo.. We made the Top 8!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Woohoo.. We made the Top 8!
    Stop the comp now and give Carty an upgrade. :-)

Ugly win but it was a win , love Birds aggression but we look like a team that has just been thrown together a couple of weeks ago , Kelly's natural attacking ability was the difference & I would love to see DT play the start of the match like he was in the last 5 minutes...would be unstoppable if he actually ran at speed..
    #itaintweaktospeak

I thought Bird and Sezer were our best tonight, Alby not far behind. Our 5th tackle options though haven't improved from the last 3 seasons which doesn't give me much hope for the season unfortunately.

agreed, bird tried his ass off all night, Alby was dangerous too. Zilly was timing runs pretty badly, but he did show some guts to keep going up for it after getting smashed in the throat.

we still waste too many tackles just killing the ball when we are in the 20m zone.

Gordon is coming off a pretty good year, is dangerous chasing kicks, but man he does come in alot and leaves huge space behind him. alot of wingers do, and need to to play the compressed defense, but he is on another level. were very lucky to get away with one when wright stepped on the line.

a win against a top 6 fancy, (albeit with injuries) away from home first up, ill take that and move on. smash the tigers in the bastard sun next week and we 2-0.

also, i think both teams fans would be upset at the refs, but gee we copped some rubbish. most of their sloppy play the balls resulted in unfair penalties against us, until the very last one by fifita.

Zill was getting manhandled off the ball all night.

was very frustrating to watch, was looking forward to this game all week, all summer really, but it just a stressfest for me.

Ordinary game to watch...
    I'm ok with the Mead no try (when a player loses the ball they must regain it with both hands...)
    What happened with Bryce Gibbs and Nate Myles?? or did no one else see that blood? lol

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!